Free Character Moves for Chaos Bolt-US

A lot of people did something like this - one way or the other - many who were playing both factions, myself included, now have a horrible choice to make.

I feel it would be in good taste for them to allow both factions on CrusaderStrike in recognition of this. People have months of time on characters that they are now forced to pick favorites with and delete the unfavored. That’s not a good business practice.

FWIW you can now transfer opposite faction to CS and play both. Not sure if it’s intended but I moved a horde to CS where I had alliance . I initially wasn’t able to log into my horde, but now I can log into both horde and alliance. I would still wait to transfer your mains though as who knows what blizzard cooks up

If it’s intended they should really announce it. I’m not taking a chance on not being able to play over hearsay about being able to use both factions.

3 Likes

I’d like to see confirmation on this as I’m now SOL. I can’t remake/recover my chars to transfer due to the lock on CB and misinformation everywhere.

At least give us more than 1 option. I have no interest in playing on that server.

With restarts this morning we have fixed characters who transferred and were unable to login, root cause was some paranoid code we added during Classic Hardcore launch. The underlying code fix is still in progress, but, we hope to re-open these transfers later this week.

When we do, we will also be opening transfers to Lava Lash for anyone looking for a more dedicated RP experience.

9 Likes

Will players who still want to play on a PvP server be able to transfer their Alliance characters to Crusader Strike if they currently have Horde characters there?

4 Likes

I am so excited, this will save me so much time on the reroll I was leveling on crusader strike already lol

aren’t you just gonna delete LL too for being too small, if pop size was the real motivator this is just prolonging the inevitable

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about CB, but i’m glad to hear they are giving another choice other than CS.
Lava Lash may be small as well, but everyone who wants a smaller community with some RP to join is welcome here!
(Since we’re the only RP-PVE realm we HOPEFULLY won’t get merged into a megaserver as well)

2 Likes

So go to a lower pop RP server or the infested streamer server? Yall even want us to play this game anymore?

Let us choose since your kicking us out.

1 Like

This is RIDICULOUS. Many people’s guild members who saw the news early made the transfer, and many people who couldn’t log in right away missed the news and are now stuck on CB. What a mistake to make right before the launch of Phase 3…

1 Like

Good morning,

How does this affect players who have transferred over cross faction characters?
How does this affect players who have transferred over to CS and would like to change destination?

1 Like

Lava Lash is just a RP server… Do you guys realize hardly anyone RP’s on Chaos Bolt?

Isn’t CS a cluster F of layering? I don’t understand this at all… Who’s making these decisions?

1 Like

Finally gonna be able to find some ppl to gank.

Great Job killing the server and abandoning the people who didn’t make it off a week before P3 launches! What a bunch of morons

6 Likes

Blizzard putting their finger on the scales and then telling us that this was a natural occurence, just state that you have future plans to repurpose the server hardware, it would be more genuine and you would garner less ire from the public than pissing on their head and telling them that its raining

3 Likes

Does this mean the people who early transferred to crusader strike can then transfer to Lava Lash for free or are guilds just stuck having already made a decision based on the last set of information?

4 Likes

You need to address how this works for people who rolled Alliance on Crusader Strike and Horde on Chaos Bolt.

This appears to be the most haphazard decision we’ve seen so far with SoD.

What happens if things are unbalanced? How are you going to address the performance issues Crusader Strike already has by adding Chaos Bolt to it? (WPvP Events) Why are ya’ll ignoring the fact a large portion of the Chaos Bolt community didn’t want this? Why effectively slit its throat by allowing transfers and also close off rolling new characters?

Moves like this that go unanswered lead to people leaving and you people sitting there wondering “WELL WHAT HAPPENED? WHO KNOWS”.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

6 Likes

Imagine killing a server just to open up transfers to an even smaller server! You guys are a joke :clown_face:

15 Likes