Traditional Flying Coming to the Dragon Isles in Guardians of the Dream

We’ve just updated our Guardians of the Dream update notes with an expanded explanation of the requirements for the forthcoming achievement Dragon Isles Pathfinder, which grants traditional flying in many Dragon Isles zones. It requires:

• Waking Hope – Complete the Waking Shores storyline.
  • Ohn’a’roll – Complete the Ohn’ahran Plains storyline.
  • Azure Spanner – Complete the Azure Span storyline.
  • Just Don’t Ask Me to Spell It – Complete the Thaldraszus storyline.
  • Embers of Neltharion – Complete the Forbidden Reach and Zaralek Cavern storylines.
  • Freshscales Fifteen – Achieve renown fifteen with all major factions on the Dragon Isles: Dragonscale Expedition, Maruuk Centaur, Iskaara Tuskarr, Valdrakken Accord, Loamm Niffen, and Dream Wardens.
  • Explore Zaralek Cavern – Explore Zaralek Cavern, revealing the covered areas of the world map.
  • Explore the Emerald Dream – Explore the Emerald Dream, revealing the covered areas of the world map.

The Guardians of the Dream content update is coming one week from today, on November 7.

58 Likes

Thanks for the update but it’s glaringly obvious that the entire thing is designed to keep people busy doing old content over and over again.

It’s not fun.

Games should be fun.

Whoever makes these plans should know that.

*Update… they listened!

148 Likes

raises paw

Why make old flying something that has to be unlocked at all instead of just enabling it?

I can understand wanting people to experience dragonriding, it’s great, and most of us have utilized it by this point, so why not just flick optional old riding on?

122 Likes

72 Likes

Well nothing changed. Though you do get it if you just played the content. It’s just time metrics at this point. Should just unlock it to begin with.

Dragon riding is the main mode of transportation. what harm is it unlocking old school flight for those who have problems with it

40 Likes

I see nothing really changed here.

7 Likes

It looks like they removed the requirement for the Emerald Dream storyline, unless that was never there. REGARDLESS this should not be a thing.

Pathfinder should be retired permanently

81 Likes

16 Likes

That’s a lot of stuff to do for traditional flying while dragonriding was just handed out. Weird.

71 Likes

Players providing feedback since Sept 18th :

Devs and CMs ignoring this kind of post and then proceeding with the same path, instead of addressing at least those concerns.

Pathfinder could be a good reward for a new mount instead of extra steps in order to unlock traditional flying.

Players with blind accessability waiting for this:

then Blizzard ask for a lot of extra steps, I know most of regular players will have this requirements but returning / new players…

Thanks Cyrios for your post. Feedback has been provided for months…

37 Likes

Cool beans. I’d much rather just play the game and earn flying than pay what would be an exorbitant amount of gold (thanks inflation!) for it.

2 Likes

Popcorn anyone?

:popcorn:

4 Likes

So we’ve been skipping content, skipping mobs with dragon riding this entire xpac plus we’ve explored almost every inch of the zones collecting glyphs but to fly slower we have to do this laundry list of chores for “reasons?”

Good job, Blizz. This definitely isn’t one of the derpier things you have done :roll_eyes:

Nm you guys are cool and totally not derpy.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

70 Likes

Me watching this thread:

20 Likes

yea how dare they make you work for the inferior mode of flying

3 Likes

hello mr. Blue, this other poster pretty much summed up my thoughts on the whole “Pathfinder” thing in a different thread. See the attached quote:

Regards…

13 Likes

Inflation for buying flying is a completely made up thing by defenders of Pathfinder. The price of flying went down from BC to Wotlk, then again Wotlk to Cata. MoP cost was the same as BC. It can be anything Blizz wants it to be, and was never that expensive.

17 Likes

[Everybody Hated That]

6 Likes

Traditional flying, some assembly required.

9 Likes

slaps your paw out of the air

You put that thing down while you’re at the table.

4 Likes