Class Tuning Incoming – August 22

Said virtually every time there has been patches since vanilla day one…so no don t keep your hopes up lol

3 Likes

You keep saying this, but I don’t think it means what you think it means.

12 Likes

Right now its an issue of their creating bigger gaps in terms of what the current title score cutoff is, and are starting to push a new meta potentially due to all these changes. They need to stop nerfing and start buffing, damage isn’t why the god comp is good, its primarily it’s utility, and nerfing things to make them under powered isn’t the way to go here, I could understand some nerfs to the utility, but otherwise its all fruitless, given its blatant they have zero idea what to do now. Other than break shadow priest, fire mage, holy paladin, augmentation evoker, and guardian druid enough that people stop playing them. Not the way to go here at all and will continue to cause more issues like we have now.

Honestly as well if they nerf ursoc’s fury anymore it will kill guardian druids, its pretty much the primary way they tank, and if it gets hit too hard it will kill it.

To add to this as well, I have felt very unmotivated to engage with the season overall since all of these nerfs, I simply don’t stand a chance currently of realistically pushing the title. Along with the state of M+ has been a complete mess ever since they started doing all these nerfs, they have just trashed the season because they don’t know how to control their own game.

I just don’t understand why they are making feel bad tuning for the classes they just made fun. Why not make all the classes fun. Why not let healers have fun and feel powerful as Hpally did a couple of weeks ago? Why not let damage dealers have as much fun as Fire mages a couple of weeks ago? Why let the hard work of people going for a title disappear by turning down the ‘meta’ and not giving the non-meta a boost first. Do some spot tuning, which granted is probably the most difficult thing I say here. Its like Old Blizzard is doing the weekly tuning and New Blizzard is doing the reworks. Who do we need to talk to so that New Blizzard can just start doing everything?

5 Likes

this requires them to play the game…you need to literally play to know how these classes feel. Data does not give you this information.

not gonna happen anytime soon. :face_exhaling:

5 Likes
4 Likes

I think you’re missing the point here. The top 0.1% is not opposed to nerfing over tuned classes by any means. We would also like to see other means of adjustments such as, buffing underperforming classes as well as dungeon tuning so people would you know, continue to enjoy playing the game?? However, blizzard has done a very, very poor job of this lately and it is in fact causing players to leave the game, even at the top 0.1%.

8 Likes

Pretty sure your feedback was heard and just responded to.

Yeah, because blizzard just went ahead and stopped what they were doing just to reply to me I’m sure.

2 Likes

okay thanks for telling us!
:dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

bout time someone on Azeroth listened to a druid :100:

1 Like

Thank youuuuuu, I take back my earlier comment.

Paladin & Priest utility has been off the charts for years. Long overdue for nerfs/spreading those abilities to other classes.

Battle Rez used to be a Druid-only thing, now multiple classes can do it.

Yet Mass Dispel, Mind Soothe are STILL exclusive to JUST PRIESTS and they also bring a party-wide buff and strong offhealing as DPS.

Start tossing Mass Dispel around, more. Remove it from Shadow Priests, give it to Resto Shamans and Mistweavers, or something.

Ditto with BoP, either spread it around or remove it from the game.

This whole “we’ll spread around some classes’ utility but keep a bunch of others exclusive to just 1 class” thing Blizzard has had going the last few years is garbage.

9 Likes

LOL, I know right!?!?!?

1 Like

Kind of demoralizing for my team as we tried to push for the rank 1 title and then the god comp completely inflated rating. We scrambled to level and gear up the meta classes for a new push but it was too late.

Even with the 1st round of brutal nerfs, we were still confident we could achieve it. But now with these additional nerfs, it will be extremely difficult to do so while the others have built a sizable lead after playing the ultra giga pre nerf version of the god comp.

At this point I am not surprised by these knee jerk nerfs but I will make a suggestion. Since the rank 1 cutoff was baked in pre nerf, I suggest artificially creating a rank 1 cutoff this season. Perhaps 3280 (all 25s) which was about what you needed for rank 1 last season.

Lastly I will say this: the meta players will always play the meta classes. No matter what you try to do the players will dictate what is played based on what gives the highest competitive advantage especially as the margin of error grows smaller as the key level goes up. Trying to balance the game around the 0.01-1% is futile. The rest of the player base will always follow what the 0.01-1% does and the classes in m+ will reflect that. There will always be a meta and we will continue to ride this headache of a carousel which you call class tuning.

5 Likes

Let’s hope enough players are left to push high keys in S2 to make this change worthwhile. Do you expect other specs to reach the title numbers that Hpal/Aug/Spriest/Fmage/Guardian already have?

1 Like

Can you please address WW and also how Augment pairs with some of the very high burst specs?

This isn’t healthy for PvP

Imgur

Or how DKs essentially have an execute now.

Imgur

You nerfed WW, but they still hit like a truck.

Imgur

Augment also has substantial burst considering their role.

Imgur

103k off the opener from an Augment.

Imgur

Unstable Affliction or Survival Tactics is bugged.

Imgur

Lastly, Turtle badly needs to be reworked. If this is intended, it’s an extremely frustrating CD to use. Being hit an entire second after using our largest CD and also not having the 30% damage reduction applied is frustrating.

Imgur

4 Likes

The 0.1% title seems to cause nothing but tears.

2 Likes

Cool, now buff Ret ST damage.

5 Likes

This doesn’t address any of the above concerns.

If this were true, you would’ve have nerfed Augmentation much harder than you have. Not just the damage aspect of it (though it could use massive damage nerfs if you want to keep the utility) or nerf the insane amount of utility they bring.

You’d also nerf utility of other specs, and buff many many other specs (i.e. hunter all around, and shaman utility outside of enhance).

Y’all have lost so much credibility when it comes to players believe you can balance your game. Y’all need to focus on the “monitor player feedback” part.

6 Likes