Class PvP Tuning – August 1

The below PvP class adjustments will be applied to the live game with next week’s maintenance starting on August 1.

Player versus Player

• Death Knight
    • Frost
      • Fixed an issue that caused Pillar of Frost’s stacking Strength to not be properly reduced in PvP combat.
      • Frost Strike damage is now increased by 67% in PvP combat (was 45%).
      • Obliterate damage is now increased by 20% in PvP combat (was 15%).
      • Obliterate damage is now increased by 75% when Killing Machine is not active in PvP combat (was 60%).
    • Unholy
      • Developer’s note: We have been monitoring our changes to Unholy this season and feel the damage they bring is slightly higher than our intent. The primary adjustment here is through Festermight which can cause high variance in burst at high stacks. This is consistent with our original goal of reducing burst and focusing the spec on sustained DPS in PvP.
      • Festermight is now 50% effective in PvP combat.
      • Festering Wound damage is now increased by 230% in PvP combat (was 250%).
  • Monk
    • Windwalker
      • Rising Sun Kick damage reduced by 9% in PvP combat.
  • Warrior
    • Fury
      • Rampage deals 30% increased damage in PvP combat (was 15%).
4 Likes

There’s still pvp in this game?

14 Likes

Unholy nerfed immediately lmao

12 Likes

Yeah? It’s a pretty popular part of the game, too.

I don’t think a minor to moderate output nerf to Unholy was entirely unwarranted.

7 Likes

So boomy and shadow priest have been on top all season long. DK has been playable for 2 weeks. Which should we nerf?

17 Likes

I don’t think Warriors need buffs, or further buffs. But what do I know? I’m a Shadow Priest

You live under a rock? Or just trolling

3 Likes

The Rampage buff really is a bit odd to me, yeah. I think output seems reasonable after the latest round of changes. :dracthyr_love_animated: Biggg Onslaught, execute buffs and stuff.

I don’t want Fury to be terrible but a lot of people are sad when it’s very good.

Also I think that your mog looks cool.

2 Likes

“We’ve decided that shadow priest damage is too high and decided that to compensate for this, we must nerf chillstreak”

6 Likes

Any PvP buffs for disc priests?

:pray:

4 Likes

Blizz pvp confirmed to be balanced by dart throws as usual

7 Likes

It’s the fact they pushed this through so quick when MUCH larger dmg outliers have been left unchecked for months

6 Likes

knew it wasn’t going to be long till they nerf unholy but yet they still refuse to fix their survivability sad times indeed

8 Likes

Weird buff but ill take it

3 Likes

You cannot be serious

11 Likes

Sorry bro you were almost doing as much damage as the king classes

You clearly you must do less damage, and have significantly less survivability as well, for balance sake

9 Likes

festermight is unwarranted. A buff you have to constantly be stacking that does not refresh and at most you’ll get 10-12 stacks that will go away in 2 seconds unless you’re really lucky with procs/Doombursting. I do also enjoy using 2 talent points for a 50% effective spell just like using 2 talent points for our capstone talents :slight_smile: all of which are reduced in pvp :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for taking a look at PvP. Is there any way that you all can take another look at Blood DKs? Their HP is insane in PvP fights.

3 Likes

… because they’re a tank?

1 Like

We’ve noticed that Cyclone is extremely oppressive, therefore, we are ensuring both DK specs stay in the dirt where they belong.

7 Likes

There are still WW Monks in this game?

1 Like