15th Anniversary Server Blades

I guess it doesn’t really matter exactly what they said to you, since the correct information was almost certainly in Eilis’ post. Submit an RMA so that it can get to the correct people.

Also, that blue post is 3 days old, posted over the holidays, and this is a developing situation. Sometimes inaccurate information does leak through in these situations.

6 Likes

I don’t believe Fanatic’s store is appropriate for this situation.

4 Likes

Agreed; I remember this sale, and it was before the switchover.

3 Likes

I just googled Blizzard store support and it’s what I got. I wasn’t aware there is another store contact point.

Here’s the transcript he posted of his chat with a GM. They aren’t trying to not help you, they just don’t have a resolution at this time.

Imgur

4 Likes

Thank you, that was much more informative about the situation then what i was getting. That’s all it would have taken in my chat to make me happy.

I understand it’s a tad confusing. :slight_smile:

Because the server blades were sold through the old Blizzard Gear store, the contact point should be:

https://gear.blizzard.com/us/customer/account/login/

1 Like

Thanks for the post, since I got 2 and the first one the cover had broken tabs I think I’ll wait till my 2nd one comes next week then file a complaint.

these are absolutely not collectors items. no real collector wants junk. the housing these are put in is pure garbage. cheap plastic, not fully enclosed, sloppy glued on 15 anniversary logo, small cheap plastic stands, loose server pieces. this was SOLD as a collectors item but it arrived looking like a third party knock off from china. For this kind of money a real collector of high end items would be buying blizzard statues, tcg, or buying the 10yr wolf off ebay to name a few things.

If you can hold on, all I am saying is wait until they possibly make an announcement on remediation. If not, you do you.

9 Likes

Mine arrived broken as well, I tried to contact live support, got an answer and then when I inquired about the damaged case the rep disconnected right away

I find this part highly unlikely.

As of right now, it does not look like a resolution has been found, but when it is, I’m sure it will be posted in prominent places.

1 Like

I would post the image of the chat but I am unable to do so as I am not part of the awesome kids club quite at this moment, but it is true.

When you’re able to get it hosted on an image site (like imgur or photobucket, etc), you can either click the </> button at the top of the reply box, or just put a ` on either side of the URL.

The result will look like this, and then we can just copy and paste.

2 Likes

https://imgur.com/l0EN8jH

Can’t tell with absolute certainty, but that looks like you went through Fanatics’ Support channels instead of the link provided here?

I would also wonder if maybe you navigated away from that chat window after sending that message. We know you’re dropped from queue if you do that before a GM gets to you, stands to reason that it would happen in the middle of a contact, as well.

Seeing what someone else posted a couple days ago in a different, related thread, those are the only two conclusions I’m coming to. Blizzard employees aren’t keen on jeopardizing their jobs like that rather than saying sorry and that they can’t help for the time being.

3 Likes

Yeah, this was most likely a technical issue. Any CS rep at any company who deliberately disconnects without a word (unless one is being a butt and it’s been noted and documented entirely) would be fired very quickly.

4 Likes

Are there particular hours for live chat? The link has been dead on my end for a couple hours.

Live chat looks to be available in about a half hour (12:00pm - 7:30pm PST)

1 Like

Update on my order: I received mine today. The shipping box is in very good shape and not damaged in the slightest. The server blade cover, with the WoW 15th anniversary logo is intact. But the little plastic tabs on the back side of the cover which hold it on are broken off in pieces and the plastic screws at the other end which hold the cover on are sheared off.

It’s sad that it arrived broken. It’s part of WoW history. I don’t think that Blizzard will be able to exchange these so I’m going to keep mine. I’ll be able to laser cut new tabs and glue them on, I’ll replace the plastic screws, and it will be better than new. I feel bad for the other people how don’t have the resources and skills that I do to fix mine.

It’s great that Blizzard offered these, the price was really good, I don’t think they could’ve made that much money selling these so their sentiment was in the right place. With some better packaging inside I think it wouldn’t have broken. I hope that Blizzard offers these again in the future. Even with the broken pieces it’s still really cool! A living breathing world to many WoW players once existed on it. Just improve the packaging next time.

5 Likes