15th Anniversary Server Blades

I find this part highly unlikely.

As of right now, it does not look like a resolution has been found, but when it is, I’m sure it will be posted in prominent places.

1 Like

I would post the image of the chat but I am unable to do so as I am not part of the awesome kids club quite at this moment, but it is true.

When you’re able to get it hosted on an image site (like imgur or photobucket, etc), you can either click the </> button at the top of the reply box, or just put a ` on either side of the URL.

The result will look like this, and then we can just copy and paste.

2 Likes

https://imgur.com/l0EN8jH

Can’t tell with absolute certainty, but that looks like you went through Fanatics’ Support channels instead of the link provided here?

I would also wonder if maybe you navigated away from that chat window after sending that message. We know you’re dropped from queue if you do that before a GM gets to you, stands to reason that it would happen in the middle of a contact, as well.

Seeing what someone else posted a couple days ago in a different, related thread, those are the only two conclusions I’m coming to. Blizzard employees aren’t keen on jeopardizing their jobs like that rather than saying sorry and that they can’t help for the time being.

3 Likes

Yeah, this was most likely a technical issue. Any CS rep at any company who deliberately disconnects without a word (unless one is being a butt and it’s been noted and documented entirely) would be fired very quickly.

4 Likes

Are there particular hours for live chat? The link has been dead on my end for a couple hours.

Live chat looks to be available in about a half hour (12:00pm - 7:30pm PST)

1 Like

Update on my order: I received mine today. The shipping box is in very good shape and not damaged in the slightest. The server blade cover, with the WoW 15th anniversary logo is intact. But the little plastic tabs on the back side of the cover which hold it on are broken off in pieces and the plastic screws at the other end which hold the cover on are sheared off.

It’s sad that it arrived broken. It’s part of WoW history. I don’t think that Blizzard will be able to exchange these so I’m going to keep mine. I’ll be able to laser cut new tabs and glue them on, I’ll replace the plastic screws, and it will be better than new. I feel bad for the other people how don’t have the resources and skills that I do to fix mine.

It’s great that Blizzard offered these, the price was really good, I don’t think they could’ve made that much money selling these so their sentiment was in the right place. With some better packaging inside I think it wouldn’t have broken. I hope that Blizzard offers these again in the future. Even with the broken pieces it’s still really cool! A living breathing world to many WoW players once existed on it. Just improve the packaging next time.

5 Likes

You still want to request a return or exchange so that they can offer you whatever they end up deciding to do in response to these issues. I doubt that they’ll demand it back!

2 Likes

This. Even if you ultimately decide not to accept whatever offer might be extended, you’ll at least have that option. Options are always a good thing.

4 Likes

I just received mine. The screen is cracked, the blade has pieces broken off and floating around the box, and the stand was snapped. I went through the old blizzard store and submitted a return request with the following options: Unopened, Exchange, Broken on Arrival, and hit submit. The status is now pending. Should I wait for a response now or will I not receive a response until they receive the server back?

I’d just sit tight and wait for a response for now. From the sounds of it, you’ll receive a response once they’ve figured out exactly what they’ll be doing with them.

1 Like

That’s a good point. Thanks.

2 Likes

Mine came in with a broken case as well. Submitted an RMA, hoping they can send a new case.

Still waiting. I informed support I didn’t want anything special and I don’t want to wait any longer and to please just refund me and send me a return shipping label. They are still giving me the “we are in discussion” line so I filed a complaint with PayPal under their buyer protection. The vague statements are concerning to me and strike me as a way to get out of refunding people.

Not happening here. No one here can do that.

You need to go here:
https://gear.blizzard.com/us/customer/account/login/

1 Like

No, it just means that they’re in discussion still. These things take time, and the holidays weren’t that long ago.

1 Like

This is not possible right now, because they are still discussing the situation internally. It’s understandably frustrating, but given the nature of this item, it’s not as simple as returning a damage shirt to Walmart.

I mean, you can certainly do that. However, your reputation with PayPal is going to take a major hit when they contact Blizzard and the situation is explained. It could also border on fraud, depending on how you framed it to PayPal.

Believe/Spin it however you’d like, but the truth is the internal discussions show that they are working on a resolution. If they wanted to deny everyone a refund, they would just deny it, not discuss it internally for a week or more.

Also remember that these were sold to raise money for charity, and the charity received 100% of the money, minus refunds and chargebacks. Don’t be that kind of person. Wait patiently until Blizzard announces how they will handle the situation.

4 Likes

I mean, they’ve had a week to at least give him an update, maybe let him know a couple of ideas they are considering. Something. But the usual “Blizzard radio silence” tends to not go over to well, and they know this. And are still using it.