15th Anniversary and my last one

Perhaps you just had a rash of bad experiences since the most recent one I had was quite good. All of them have been, but hey! You survived cancer, not better achievement then that! I was fortunate and they caught mine early, so no treatment after surgery.

Which Instance, I am curious.

1 Like

continues to post…despite all the important things he could be doing.

4 Likes

Have fun with terminal cancer? Yikes

Congrats on surviving cancer, that is no small deal.

In my opinion, if what you wanted was an amazing experience before you left, I think the 15th anniversary event won’t be it. I’d just hold onto the good memories you’ve already had and quietly leave like so many do. Coming to the forums to announce your leaving is destined to leave a bad taste in your mouth.

I wish you well in your future endeavors!

2 Likes

i see what you did there.

1 Like

/hugs to you. As you’ve discovered the hard way, these forums are a cancer all their own.

Most of the people here have literally nothing else in their lives to look forward to, so they react viscerally to anyone who dares criticize it. That, and the painfully obvious internet standard of psychopaths trolling.

I, too, have abandoned WoW, for different reasons. Actually, I’m still surprised that I can post here, as my account has been over for nearly a month now.

I agree with how painful it is to leave. Leaving after creating an emotional bond with your characters and the story is hard to do. I contemplated deleting my characters and “killing” them off, but it felt too much like killing a real person. Especially this character, my alter-ego. We’ve been sharing Azeroth for almost 15 years. In the end, I took them all “home” and told them they are now free to write their own stories. Yeah… I still bawled for an hour after “abandoning” Eru. Only people with actual emotions will ever understand that…

You’re a survivor now :slight_smile: Go forth and conquer the real world now! Or at least find something fun to do that doesn’t cause endless aggravation. Life is way too short to put up with frustration, bullies and stupidity.

Good luck to you, in whatever you choose to do with the rest of the time you have in this life!

also: /more hugs There are not nearly enough of those in the world.

3 Likes

I wish you well on your journeys friend! (gives OP a little box of cookies to go).

:cookie:

5 Likes

Bye Felicia! Don’t let the door hit you on the way out…

Yeah, don’t think your logic really applies there buddy.
OP posting his leaving is seeking attention, people responding to OP are not in turn seeking attention, we’re merely responding and having a conversation.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call engaging in discussion as “seeking attention”.

This however, is seeking attention.

4 Likes

Right because alts don’t exist right? I know youre desperate to make some sort of argument but that was just pathetic.

Hope you recover well. We will be here when you are ready to return. Enjoy life :grinning:

2 Likes

My boss does this! but he double taps, frustrating as

To the OP, after 15 years you should realise that these things are always bugged, there is always going to be fixes, and they were not always dealt with immediately, unless they were literally whole game breaking or a cheat.
Relax, go do a daily or two and come back tomorrow…

1 Like

Well the fact that you still look at WoW forums every day means you have not completely left WoW :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I wanted to ask for your stuff at first but now I am confused.

he played BFA

1 Like

Yeah I’ve unsubbed too op. It’s been one hell of a ride and wow got me through some tough times so I have a soft spot for the game but these new systems: grinding, rng etc. just to boost time played for shareholders, I can’t do it anymore.

p.s: I got one million gold but I’m giving it to someone special.

4 Likes

He said he survived and is moving on to other things…

1 Like

Dude. They aren’t insulting you for having cancer - they are wondering what the relevance is to the game bugging.

I sorta see their point - The implication that this horrible because you’ve had cancer is a bit disengenous. Your cancer and the games issues are unrelated.

To me, if, after 15 years and surviving cancer -this is the disaster you focus on that ruins your entire experience… that seems sketchy.

On teh other hand - cancer is a big deal. I wish you good health, and respect your change in priorities.

1 Like

Please, choose some more appropriate wording next time!

I did have some issues myself mostly due to the warping bug on Ragnaros, but I was able to complete the entire experience relatively well and quickly.

You have to expect an bug or two to make it to the live servers, but you would already know this if you played during Vanilla like I did. So, your feed back is pretty lame in my opinion. The game might be better off without you based on your word choices.