1.5k reward quests are WEEKLY? Who did this math?

It’s a matter of taste.

Old school mindless grinds can be good. And there should probably be a better method for this with the event. Not sure what that would be given the scaling and limited area the event uses.

But if the design goal is they want something that the average player can spend a month working towards, do you want a hundred hours of the mindless grind, or log on a few times a week for 10 minutes. Either way you’ll have people complaining.

Back of the envelope calculations, it looks like to get the mount and all three pets you’ll need 3 characters doing the weeklies. So little over an hour a week if you schedule it tightly.

I do agree that the long rotation schedule is really pointless. If the quest is weekly, just lower the amount you get for boss kills and put the event on a 15 minute rotation so you can knock a characters weekly out in one sitting.

1 Like

Love how we get an interview about a month ago where Ion eats crow about sticking to old systems that ended up tanking shadowlands subs and they didn’t rebound in dragonflight.

Now we get an timegated mess and get the same stuff we’ve complained about already for years. Zero lessons learned apparently.

Maybe it’s not Ions fault and he’s being told to hit certain time metrics by a superior, but he’s where the buck stops as far as the community is concerned. It’s his responsibility as far as I’m aware to give this the stamp of approval. If that’s the case, there needs to be a feedback loop further up the chain.

I mean, ask yourself who this event is for; because I don’t think it’s the casual crowd.

Would be nice if we had one event that didn’t feel like a tug of war between entertainment, family, and work time.

Wow doesn’t have to be 1-2 hours of engagement every play session. Smaller 30-45 min chunks are an okay form of entertainment to have occasionally.

2 Likes

Should the bosses be lootable, or is it just the items that pop into your inventory after the kill? (actually nothing seems to be lootable, items just appear in my bags)

I’ve ran two characters through the quests; Ragnaros > Onyxia > Lich King
Both time only after Ragnaros a chest appeared in my inventory containing a Dalaran Defender’s purple item.

First Character: 7k Memories + Plate Greaves + 5x Recruit’s Armor (the blue armor)
Second Character: 6.3k Memories + Carver + 3x Blue Armor (don’t recall the set)
I’m halfway through the essences for the ring

I mean, Blizzard IS the company that came up with “dO yOu GuYs NoT hAvE pHoNeS?”

1 Like

It does not change the amount you can earn a week. You can just earn it faster.

There is no reason that they couldn’t have just used the same cost/drops that were used in the DF pre-patch event.

Pretty much what I am doing. Lets be honest, the rewards will end up on the trading post at some point and I got a lot of Elden Ring to play.

Edit: gotta finish my 3rd playthrough of the DLC on NG+7.

1 Like

I only want the regular gear and the mounts, if I don’t get them though, not the end of the world because they aren’t that special. I do hope they make the currency a little better though, if they don’t drop the cost of things instead. Kind of nutty.

They could start by giving the weekly quest as an event quest everytime you go in.

Blizzard: Why are people STILL quitting WoW?!

Also Blizzard:

1 Like

DCing right as the boss spawns and missing your 90 minute window is pretty trash too.

2 Likes

The same people who ‘balance’ classes, and design M+.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I want to hear the thought process behind the math on this. What hours of playtime per week average number are they using, how long do they believe we’ll grind currency on the mobs that are non-boss, how many alts do they believe players will use on average for the weekly quests, etc…

My math clearly is not equally anywhere near theirs.

a got an 1h axe drop on my hunter yesterday i was full of joy :dracthyr_no1: :dracthyr_no2:

Ya if its just for a mount youll be fine but updating all my alts gear is not possible.

And to let you know now that 1.5K from the zone quest is a Weekly now…I went and check with this character which had done all the zone quests before reset today and there is no reset of those quests for this character now…its a Weekly quest for sure now.

This.

I want one of the mounts and the three pets… that’s 50k (if I remember right) currency. Given the dismally low rate you can get said currency, I doubt I’ll get them all.

Though maybe they’ll do like they did with time running and boost the currency in the next two weeks? Who knows?

:cookie:

Gear dropped from initial quests were ilvl 408. So I wouldn’t stress it too much. Youll update your gear to upper 500’s (550+) by 80. So even people in max mythic gear will be changing out to that same gear

You only need buy one mount …it changes depending on which faction you log into now…so if you buy it on alliance side and load in your horde character then its there for them …

1 Like