Employee Alpha Testing for WoW Classic

Hey folks! I’ve got a small update here to help quell some of the rumors and let you know where we are at for WoW Classic. We recently began a phase of internal employee alpha testing. The new build data that many of you have been discussing over the last few days is simply part of this process. Phases like this allow us to test out the game content along with other functionality that will be used in the live game, like logging in through the Blizzard Battle.net App.

Aside from that, we don’t have any announcements to make at this time. I know all of you are very excited about this game and we thank you for your patience as we continue to develop it. More information will be coming soon!

163 Likes

Spot for Sale. Please contact me with any advertising offers you might have, 5 star advertisements need only apply.

SPOT SOLD TO:

World of Warcraft™: The Cataclystic Wrath of the Burning Mists of Classic Discussion Forums™

Introducing the latest addition to the newest massively multiplayer online roleplaying sensation, World of Warcraft – a high paced action packed PvP text game where the rules are strict and grey areas are difficult to navigate.

Join hundreds of other players as you argue with level 10 forum alts, bicker over the definition of “viable”, and discuss clickbait youtube videos made by streamers you’ve never even heard of.

There are multiple colorful factions you can pledge allegiance to, such as the Private Server Pioneers, The Rose-Tinted Titans, Boomers of the Barrens, and the elusive Community Management.

Customize your character the way you want it. Be a level 10 dwarf. Or a level 10 night elf. Or, for the most devout of fans, make a level 120 character and transmog a tier set from 2004-2006.

Speculate endlessly with a bunch of other people who are clearly bored at work, today*!

*Soon™

74 Likes

So how do I apply for a temporary position at Blizzard. Perhaps an opening exists for an Australian ambassador? :slight_smile:

13 Likes

RIP beta :black_small_square:

27 Likes

Employee Alpha?

So how you liking it Bornakk? :grin:

Also thanks for the update prior to the weekend!

8 Likes

Summer sounding more and more correct.

7 Likes

Screenshot or it didn’t happen!

I hope you understand I can’t believe every random stranger that tells me he is already playing and I’m not.

7 Likes

I reckon you need someone to keep an ongoing thread going of all the milestones – however small.

*Fixed a bug with Old Blanchy’s quest not completing properly.

*Level 3 Aimed Shot now does correct damage.

I need my ClassicCrack! The wait is figuratively killing me!

23 Likes

Well, this certainly does explain what the Beta build on the CDN was for.

Hopefully this extends to the rest of us soon™. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Release date plx

14 Likes

Welp… that settles that!

This is the most telling thing about the post. Wonder how recently this was started.

Maybe people will shift back their release date expectations.

3 Likes

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE give us open beta froths at mouth GIVES US IT

11 Likes

Whoa! Late friday night update

3 Likes

WOOT!

Telling us closed alpha testing is happening is a bonus Bornakk. Thank you for letting us know its moving along!!!

3 Likes

Tbh I don’t know why they don’t do this. It would keep us all completely mystified.

1 Like

I just want my Classic :frowning:

4 Likes

AHHHHHH I still hope its in early summer or its gonna not be a Classic summerTM

2 Likes

Bornakk, I’m pretty sure we’re long lost cousins. Just sayin…

6 Likes