My Predictions for Classic WoW Release Date and Release Date Announcement

I’m going to go out on a limb and assume Blizzard wasn’t referring to the June 21st summer solstice, but rather summer break/vaction. I could be totally wrong that’s just what my gut tells me.
Also I would imagine that since they are on the west coast, they’re talking about summer in the US. it wouldn’t make much sense for them to say… “get ready for an Australian Classic summer” especially since he followed up with an apology to the Southern Hemisphere.

Aye, but that’s why I wanna know, if you americans have the seasonal start at june 1st like other countries, or solely defines summer-time as the vacation/school start/finish. Which I still don’t know :joy:

I don’t think it’s really reliant on school, because schools get out and enter at vastly different times all around the country.

It is marked by the Summer Solstice to the Autumn Equinox in America…

Which actually makes sense, so I think the Americans win this time xD

1 Like

This. Also I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking, but in the US summer officially starts on June 21. However, schools usually let out at the beginning of June for summer break. Hope this helps! :smiley:

If you think about it, the most Summer days would be the days leading up to the solstace and those right after the solstace.

Astronomically speaking, June 18th is more summer than July 18th

So fall starts 21/22 sep. and winter starts 21 dec.?? Still weird to me :rofl:

Well, for americans perhaps, but the rest of the western world, not so much :sunglasses: Akin to you not using the metric system, and the only ones using that, what it’s called, imperial system?
(didn’t know there was a competition)

It shows. The builds we saw were a

These were definitely the first to be put on the public CDN. The entire purpose of them was to test that the CDN could deploy the client. And the first two builds failed miserably. They fixed the bugs, and later versions have worked great. Using this as anything but “It happened” is nonsense for timing.

This phase was not the first, nor the last. Newer builds we see show they still have a lot of work to go on the Interface packages to make Classic look right. (Biggest one being snipping the WoW Token interface from the AH and front screens.)

Unfortunately you’re failing to know a key piece of information.

During the Earnings Call, they referred to Classic as coming in the ‘second half of the year’. Therefore any date before July 1st is wrong.

Yeah, it was in jest lol… and I said “this time”.

people are sensitive lol

Snow fall typically picks up in late December into February where it is at it’s strongest, for most of the locations that have 4 seasons … so it makes sense to me.

I am not sure why that should be the case, July is a hotter month than June.

Man oh man the evidence suggests a July 16th ish release, however history with gaming releases suggests pushback for awhile, IMO realistically we don’t see launch until September 17, the Tuesday before fall begins.

Yeah maybe. Second half of the year is kind of vague. I think you’re taking it a little too literally. I don’t think that means we can objectively rule out the possibility of them releasing it at the end of Q2. That could mean release at the end of Q2 and then players will have the whole second half of the year to play.
we’ll see! Either way It’s coming!! :smiley:

So is Christmas and Summer in the southern hemisphere.

“will be released in the second half of the year” er…

1 Like

3756 posts. Now I see why.
Take it easy! :slight_smile:

Here in the EU where I live the summer actually does start 1st of June.
And we got the exact same post as you americans.
Sooooooo…

1 Like

Won’t be long now… I can’t wait!! I need ma Classic!

Beta Release in August/September.
Final Release in November, after BlizzCon.

Hehe, not at all. In my case anyways. Just teasing a bit :grinning: I am just used to our 4 seasons being neatly packed in blocks of 3 months starting from 1st of jan. (New year) Hence, why our summer starts at june 1st.

Really? Man, I’m used to the 3 months, but starting December since January is typically the hottest month of the year back home.

Ahh, yea, you’re from down under if I remember right? Well, all 4 seasons fits neatly within a year starting from 1st of jan (which makes sense, new year and all)

Currently living in a weird place where January is cold and the sun sets over the ocean though. (California)

1 Like