Water Strider Discussion

I mean, okay.

…What about Worgen?

Will they be given some kind of passive bonus for being, you know, freaking werewolf mounts?

I do see your point but my counter would be that thats what equipment in its current state is for. You could still use the other mounts when the situation suited it and as more of these types of mounts were introduced it wouldnt feel like a mandatory choice anymore.

I get where you’re coming at too, but yeah… well, it’s a matter of disagreeing there, to be honest :stuck_out_tongue: Your way would work if mounts were like hunter pet categories, though. But personally, I like being able to pick my mounts.

Granted, it would be much better if I could apply per mount, as I said, but I established that many times now.

Which is pretty much zilch compared to what they could/should have done. Which is leave the portals alone entirely. Guess what? Their solution right now is that rep item. So, have fun. The “CoT” portal is this.

Nice optimism, but it’s not happening. Not with how they’ve ignored feedback. (Not saying we should stop talking, by any means. But don’t get your hopes up.)

3 Likes

Same here. I’ll never buy the other equipment items and only the water walking and just always use the striders. In fact I’ll just start always using it now.

1 Like

I would be happy if they finally fixed the 6 year old bug that made my water walking mount just sink when it came upon about 50% of the water in the game. It happens so much that reporting it anymore is just worthless. Now it will happen to every mount in the game. Wish the devs would spend time fixing bugs and not inventing things the customers does NOT want (like the removal of portals).

3 Likes

I appreciate the feedback. I know things get a little hectic at times but it is helpful to know what people are thinking and I do appreciate the reasoned discussions.

Just one other thing to note is that I believe the BoA water shoes on the Anglers vendor is supposed to require the Anglers reputation to be purchased as well. So while it is changing a bit you will have access to the water walking more readily than those who haven’t done it at all. Also, I expect the other items (anti daze, etc.) to cost a fair amount more than 40g.

Cheers folks!

With the obvious damage control going on, it’s obvious this ship is headed towards the iceberg and they are going full steam ahead.

11 Likes

Yeah, but then people would complain (but now I have to switch mounts for this situation!) …which is what they’d complain about with my solution, too. I suppose there is no win-win at all.

Personally? I don’t mind swapping mounts for various situations. I like the idea of being able to pick, but that’d be viable too, granted. That comes down to specific abilities for specific mounts vs. each mount can have different equipment on it though.

Which, sadly, is not what anyone is getting anyway x.x

Edit: Whoops, a blue is watching me be all negative nancy. Ah well.

1 Like

“We value all your feedback so we can continue to ignore it, for the hundredth time.”

You’re useless.

Also, will they be removing Tanks’ immunity to daze?

11 Likes

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? How can you say that you even listen to your customers?

How can you just forget something this important and this gated, time sinked? That is a total fail on your part not to lead with that, and it is huge.

4 Likes

No I think he means that in order to get them, you have to be exalted (like getting strider). Meaning you only have to BUY them via the exalted rep, not USE them. But… that’s not clarified and a bit vague though. So I’m only assuming. x.x

Like, you’d go on your toon you got the strider with, right, buy a bunch of shoes, ship 'em off, and boom! Use them on your toons no problems.

Yeah, edited the above, it’s meant to just be the purchasing. If you earn it on one toon you can mail it to and use it on whoever is level 20+. If someone hasn’t been out there fishing with Nat Pagle then they can’t buy them for 40-50g and will need to get them through other means.

1 Like

What I think should be done: The water strider should be strictly water-walking, and ignore whatever you have in the mount equipment slot.

Perhaps put mounts into families which have certain abilities. For example, water striders would have water walking. Big heavily built mounts like direhorns would be daze-immune, and so on.

11 Likes

Cool, yeah that’s what I thought but could see how people could misinterpret. Thanks for the clarification!

1 Like

here is an idea: how about the devs remove all the special mounts that players acquired that are no longer dropped or sold on the BMAH? I mean, come on. I cannot farm that tiger mount anymore so no one should have it. let’s remove them all from the game. Also, since I don’t do pvp. all those pvp players who received those special pvp saddles, let’s remove those also.

let’s remove everything special in this game, everything unique. let’s remove the wow factor.

/sarcasm

7 Likes

Winged flying mounts could get a glide :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes and they all retired. :frowning:

1 Like

So when are they going to be removing the ability to harvest herbs on the sky golem next? No reason to not take that off that mount and make it be a equipment item you have to buy for like 50g or so.

2 Likes

Would be nice, easily the ugliest mount in the game. Less I see it the better~

I cannot wait for this to go live and see the sh!t hit the fan with all the water-striding players who don’t frequent the forum.

3 Likes