14 year sub, cancelled

“Queue times aside…”
^ Literally the one and only barrier, so there is no putting it aside.

3 Likes

heirlooms were significantly nerfed buddy

twinks in some brackets can 1-2 shot an heirloom geared person. The difference is massive. Usually this is also stacked on top of bad class/spec balancing in different brackets leading to virtually unkillable gods walking around.

It’s a far greater delta than exists at max level.

2 Likes

There is a core group of regulars, but not enough to field 10.

1 Like

As was all gear. Base stats between all non mythic/warforged gear and BoA is the same. Only the inclusion of gems make the difference - and they were nerfed too. In the sub Cata brackets, gems really are the defining difference between BoA players and BiS twinks so this argument is bullsh1t…

I think you’ll find that class imbalance rather than ‘twinks’ are the issue here. which will soon become apparent when these forums are flooded with similar gripe to the twink hate threads, only ‘twink’ will be replaced with [Class] is OP blah blah…

4 Likes

Putting aside in the context that…“all my hard work and gold sink is GONE”.

Correct.
Timestamp

So you think that because you spent money in game making an OP toon that could easily kill levellers In BGs that the majority of the players who pvp should suffer being outclassed just to make you guys happy? Naw twinks can all leave or deal with it this change was great.

3 Likes

I might be mistaken but I thought gearing up a character was the entire point of WoW!? Thanks for clarifying though, i’m just now realising how wrongly i’ve been playing this game…

5 Likes

The majority of players who PVP are at 120, not in low level battlegrounds.

1 Like

This is also a false equivalency. The brackets are separated based off XP off or XP on, not ilvl. At 120 everyone is XP off by default, so everyone in that is 120 should be in the same bracket regardless of ilvl. However, in the lower brackets where you twink, that was not the case. Your XP off toon should play with other XP off toons just like casually or hardcore playing at 120 already is.

A better equivalent would be to compare a 120 ilvl 385 against your 119 ilvl 240 Hunter. But as you know, those brackets are already separated.

Brackets were separated to band-aid this very issue… Whilst iL between BiS and BoA has no real relevance, it’s the stat discrepancy between the two that is actually the issue…

Exactly the same as it is at end game for new 120’s…

2 Likes

The point is that we should be able to focus on whichever little corner of the game we choose. Although there may be several things you may not like about the game, I’ll bet none of them prevent you from doing the things you enjoy…whether that be casual LFR/random BGs, rated pvp, raiding, crafting, playing with the economy. For some of us, the most enjoyable part of the game is creating low-level projects (twinks) that take time to research, farm gear, and enchant with gold we’ve earned on high-level characters because we’ve already played the current endgame and gotten bored with the hamster wheel-grind every time there’s a new patch or season. Some people think twinking is stupid since we’re “not playing the game as intended,” or “the real game doesn’t start until max-level,” and that’s fine…but for those of us that find it to be the most fun part of the game, why ruin it? When you think of what the endgame means to you, and what you will do when you get there, how much do twinks in leveling BGs impact your achieving success when you get there? I’m willing to wager the answer is “very little.” The anguish of being occasionally roflstomped by twinks in a leveling BG will linger for all of 2 weeks on your journey to 120 (if you’re slow AF at leveling), then it’s out of sight-out of mind until the next time you decided to go back to that small corner of the world. This issue has been blown way out of proportion, as the twinking community is a small minority of players; The fact that a handful of people on both side have allegedly caused so much turmoil in peoples’ lives is laughable.

3 Likes

So because your “corner of the game” only makes bg’s miserable for most people for two weeks it’s okay?
No the fact of the matter is twinks ruin lowbie battlegrounds for everyone else, their “tight knot community” is solely based on setting up a character to rolfstomp people passing through, because you’re scared you’ll meet a real competitor on equal ground in some other scenario.
Last night lowbie brackets were a pleasure with fun close exciting games for most everyone, q times here were 5 min in most brackets. First time in a long time the rest of had a good time.

5 Likes

Maybe the Legion template system was better?

1 Like

Theres also the fact that some classes that have inherent advantages in some brackets over others. Where as end game doesnt have that as much and is supposed to be at least in principal, balanced.

There in lies the problem though, Twinks want to play low level brackets like they are at end game. Non twinks want to level through those brackets to get to end game. Its a total philosophy difference. At 120 however, everyone, just by playing it, adheres the folkways of playing end game and agrees to such. They are not comparable, not remotely close.

2 Likes

how about request for arenas to be open for twinks at any level?

Since the twink community cant find 20 players to do a bg.

5 Likes

Well said sir, my gf and I are joining you and most of the 400 member community we are in, it really was my last place to find fun out of this game as well, well hopefully we will have a day again.

2 Likes

we had 20 horde twinks, 10 went merc, and we queued, still no queue time, or pop for over an hour. xp off just can’t get in bgs atm

Ironic.

Its funny you say that, since Alliance has the largest twink community and most activate twinks in the game lol. Twinks don’t want to 1 shot noobs with low health that’s boring, anyone that queues to do that needs mental help. Twinks twink to play other twinks, and have fast queues. Now we don’t have fast queues, and it means no longer playing.

2 Likes