14 year sub, cancelled

What’s wrong with your green face?

1 Like

everything… and nothing.

That is the beauty of it.

1 Like

I have no idea. I’m pretending i’m the angel/spirit form posing at Olan Mills, and the photographer can’t focus to save his life.

Somebody else’s avatar did that recently too. Both were Alliance :man_shrugging:

I’m the goofball behind the photographer with my pants down showing my butt trying to get a laugh.

1 Like

15 years, almost

1 Like

Quoted for emphasis. This is a significant change that should have been made public well before the patch. I have friends who recently started twinking and spent a significant amount of gold getting geared up, only to find that investment being effectively nullified a few weeks later. Not notifying the player base that this was coming up was a shameful oversight.

8 Likes

^ 100% why I’m pissed off. I met a new group of people this xpac, joined the guild, then transferred 6 toons (29s and 120s) and leveled 4 more to 69 within the last 3 months…SO MUCH TIME AND GOLD AND ACTUAL US DOLLARS WASTED.

8 Likes

I know this sounds cold, but nobody asked you to do that.

If I change races and the racials get nerfed into absolute uselessness, that was a risk I took.

7 Likes

Same - and we tried on several different brackets .There were times prior depending on time of day etc that the q’s were decent 5-15 mins per but with this separation we are getting nothing. I really do believe that there is something wrong with how Blizzard processes (or whatever you want to call it ) the q’s an the wait times .

2 Likes

You’re a lvl 120 twink to my fresh 120 at iLvl 250 - stop ruining my BG experience - go to a different bracket for only high iLvl people

4 Likes

You are missing the point. Yes, 5h1t happens, but we are usually notified well in advance, and the changes are implemented on the PTR first. In this case, there was no communication until after everyone started posting about it on the forums. Maybe you’ll care about this one day, if Blizzard ever decideds to obliterate the one aspect of the game you still enjoy; I hope you never know this feeling of being blocked from experience the joy you paid 6 months in advance for.

5 Likes

Oh, I absolutely agree that it was wrong not to give you notice. That was wrong and unethical. We got weeks to months of notice for several things, this should have been no different.

3 Likes

WoW is not just a game. We pour HOURS upon HOURS every day into this game. It is a way of life. Any real gamer knows that it’s not “just a game”, no matter what game it is.

Sure, it’s a game in the sense that you’re supposed to put real life things before it. And you’re not supposed to hurt people over it whether it’s in the game or out of the game. But other than that, it’s a real part of our life and if someone wants to quit it, then they should at least be able to say why and bye without getting snarky comments like this.

10 Likes

bliz stated flat out that unless hard scaling is applied to low level bg’s, xp-off will ALWAYS be separate from xp-on

i.e. bliz agrees that a huge power delta created by mixing twinks with levelers (who spend minimal time gearing as they level) is not compelling for most players

it isn’t gonna change unless bliz adds scaling lockdowns to low level bg’s which would eliminate the benefit of being a ‘twink’ entirely

the lower level bg’s level out very quickly, even if you bail before the win/loss. At higher levels you can stay in a bracket for quite a while even with xp-on.

Just face the reality and deal with it accordingly, you can still twink bg’s but not for as long per bracket and you stop at the beginning of each bracket to gear up real quick - it’s not that bad

1 Like

Yet another loss of subs over a uneeded change. Seriously just take your BG beating and level to 120 where its equal and GY camping never happens.l ahem cough cough.

They fixed something that wasnt broken again much like portals

4 Likes

Go do some timewalking dungeons this week. They drop 365 gear which will let you queue up for LFR/Warfronts after you reach the minimum requirements

You guys say WASTED like you totally do not have the ability to twink anymore.

Q times aside…you CLEARLY have the ABILITY to still do this. Your gold and items did not magically disappear.

…but your fodder did…

2 Likes

No, the games did… It’s not all about you, you know…

1 Like

Maybe there aren’t any Alliance twinks? I’m not sure I see any posting. Maybe the underlying problem is, I hate to say this yet again, disparity in racials.

Also, just how much better geared are twinks than people in heirlooms? If it’s not a huge difference, you could just twink by wearing heirlooms for the whole bracket, leaving XP on.