Create your own April fools Blue post here!

New movement perks for gnomes and dwarves with accompanying animations. For dwarves, there is “Toss”, a racial ability that allows dwarves in groups to be quickly thrown forward 25 yards. For gnomes in groups, there’s “Flick”. This ability allows a warrior in the group to place his thumb on the gnomes head and flick its feet, sending said gnome flying end over end for 25 yards. Both of these racials come with a 10 minute cooldown.

3 Likes

I wonder how many people aren’t getting the 867-5309 reference here.

3 Likes

Not everyone listens to good music :stuck_out_tongue:

I read this as “I am Groot”.

1 Like

“10 Quartermasters coins can be turned in for a Warlords Trophy” April Fools!!!

My name is Bornakk. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I knew they couldn’t ride raptors or undead horses. Wasn’t 100% on wolves, so you’re probably right.

By the way, Bornakk now has a catch-phrase. :wink:

Okay… I’ve gone through every cinematic I can find and I can’t figure out for the life of me where this grab came from… little help? Anyone?

To immerse players in the world, foster community spirit, and test out our new advanced AI, we are launching a new game mode wherein players control quest mobs while the AI perform quests and run around killing them.

Players can choose to control any kind of mob they like as they walk back and forth in set areas alongside other like-minded players, chatting and wondering if they’ll drop the quest items the AI needs to complete the quests.

A reverse image search popped up with Warlords of Draenor Reveal. Not sure if that is it, but seems fitting to me.

Oh crud, he deciphered the code and knows the truth!!!

Succubi have been hard at work improving their social skills and are now much more friendly to nearby players. To reflect this positive and outgoing attitude, they have been renamed to Succuhello.

The spell “Summon Succubus” has been redesigned and now summons a bus full of Succuhello.

Divine Protection and Reincarnation have had their effectiveness reduced by 80% in PvP.

Voidwalkers have been renamed to Voidslitherers because honestly, it was silly calling them Voidwalkers when they don’t have any legs.

To reduce the feeling of the big open world becoming small and unremarkable due to conveniently available portals to all popular destinations, mage portals have been removed from the game. We feel this will positively enhance the experience of getting around and make the world feel more alive and interactive.

In addition, we are adding Portal Rooms to Stormwind and Orgrimmar. Portal rooms can only be accessed via mage portal.

In the spirit of providing a fair and fun game experience for everyone, Balance druids have been given the ability to adjust the combat effectiveness of any of their raid or guild members at any time. You’re welcome.

Thorns is now automatically cast on any nearby player whose name starts with “Rose.” Every rose has its thorns.

The boat from Menethil to Theramore has been delayed indefinitely as Captain Placeholder has taken a detour to search for his lost coffee mug in the South Seas. If anyone finds it, you can leave a note for him at Menethil Harbor. He’ll probably be back by next month.

Divine Protection and Reincarnation have been removed from the game.

Alchemy trainers have learned a new recipe: Bug Spray. When applied to a friendly player, all Insect Swarms affecting them will go find someone else to bother.

Insect Swarm can no longer be dispelled by any other means.

Feral Druids are now 50% more likely to attack each other on sight while yowling loud enough to wake the entire neighborhood.

Fixed a bug where Turn Evil would sometimes not cause the paladin to defect from the Alliance and join the Scarlet Crusade.

Tom from Marketing lost his wallet somewhere in the cafeteria and would really appreciate some help in finding it.

Added new abilities for Paladins and Shaman in order to strengthen their class fantasy.

New Paladin ability:
Divine Protection: Shields the caster from all harm for 10 seconds. Hearthstone can be cast while shielded. This will help reinforce the fantasy of being an unkillable avatar of the Light and make Horde players ragequit in PvP.

New Shaman ability:
Reincarnation: Allows the shaman to revive themselves once every 30 minutes. Requires an Ankh in the player’s inventory to cast. This will help reinforce the fantasy of being an unkillable avatar of the Elements and make Alliance players ragequit in PvP.

Devouring Plague now requires consumable items in the inventory to cast, and devours 1 consumable every time it deals damage.

To alleviate the annoyances of managing a limited inventory space, companion pets and mounts have been removed from the game.

4 Likes

I’m late, but I don’t care.

New Brawl: Huge Thungus
The Brawl Arena floor is littered with various types of food, from chicken legs to large banquets.
The Brawl Announcer yells: ‘OH ELUNE HE COMIN’!’
In the center spawns Huge Thungus, a pandaren male. He has a large health pool, making the fight a tight DPS race for a moderately-geared player.
Huge Thungus will run toward random piles of food on the floor, moving slowly.
Each time Huge Thungus eats food, his size increases. The player can slow this down through crowd control.
When Huge Thungus eats all of the food (about 1 minute into the Brawl if uninhibited), his size should be roughly equal to the Brawl Arena floor.
When Huge Thungus reaches maximum size, he will begin casting ‘I say, I say, I sit on you!’ 10 second cast, uninterruptible. If the cast finishes, Huge Thungus will sit on the player, killing them instantly, and the Brawl Announcer yells: ‘Don’t worry, %Player%, we’ll find someone to get you out of there.’
If Huge Thungus is defeated, the Brawl Announcer yells: ‘I’ve never been so scared in all my life.’

2 Likes

This was very well done.

1 Like

We have decided to buff mages.

oh darn i missed it
did it say that necromancers are the new class in the game?

1 Like

I lol’d. :rofl:

SoM2 in May 2023: all retail characters may be tranfered to the fresh vanilla som2 realm, and keep all of their gear and abilities they previously had…

lol some of these are good

• Starting with this weeks maintenance, we are hiring a handful of GM’s to actually ban bots and RMTers!