Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available -- Updated Nov. 22

and by this you mean with absolutely no warning while in the middle of transferring toons, and now cannot play with any of my friends who transferred the same time I was.

1 Like

Transfers to Whitemane are restricted, but there are no free transfers off (say to Eranikus); how come?

1 Like

I understand that paid character transfers are locked for certain realms. What is difficult me to understand is why it is locked for players with a character already active on the server?

For example: I can only play 1 character at a time. I spend 99% of my playing time on Whitemane on my priest at the moment. However, I want to be transitioning to my mage. My mage happened to be on Grobb, and now has moved to Eranikus. I don’t understand not being allowed transferred to Whitemane because adding a new character is not the same as adding a new player. No additional player is joining the server… I can only play my priest or my mage at one time. It is the same number of active players if I transfer.

Can you provide a reason to why paid character transfers are locked to players who have an active character on the server? All that would change is me as a player actively raiding and spending all of my playing time on the server as a priest, will now be spending all of my playing time as a mage.

I Can pay $49.99 to boost a 70 mage to play on the server, but I cannot pay $25 to transfer my mage over? Seems like the same exact outcome, but one is restricted and one is allowed…

Thanks.

This is why Im just waiting till the grob ques go away.

Yeah, the business-rule is silly, but I suspect it has more to do with coding functionality than anything else. Like, once a server is locked to transfers, no functionality for exceptions has been implemented in the codebase. In order to do so would require allocating development resources, which may not be a use-case that either anyone is bringing up to management, or that management sees value in throwing resources at.

To reduce further overcrowding, we’ve temporarily disabled new character creation on the Fresh Start realm Skyfury. New or returning players who wish to try out a Fresh Start on a PvP realm may now select the Angerforge realm, or the Maladath realm if they’d like a bit less PvP.

what about Earthfury? We right here being ignored, we could do with more people…

5 Likes

I’ve been waiting to transfer off of benediction until my friends who are coming back for WOTLK resub incase the server I go to becomes locked, those friends quit earlier on and are not on a mega server. With the removal of Sulfuras from the free character transfer the only pvp realm available to me now, Eranikus, is locked to paid transfers. So my friends on other realms can’t transfer or create a new character there. All of my characters are on Benediction so I’m stuck between two servers which are both locked from my friends. Is there any plan to open another server to free transfers or unlock Eranikus?

Editing to add.

The servers with completely dead factions(specifically for the faction that is dead) should be added to the free server transfers and they should include the servers available to the megaservers. Many of the players that are on the mega servers came from these servers that have completely dead factions. To allow server transfers from these dead faction realms to the same servers that are open to the megaservers I think would solve my main issues as it’d allow me to move off of a megaservers, allow my friends to move off their dead servers, and allow us both to end up on the same server again. I imagine many players are in a similar situation. Server population would need to be heavily monitored by blizzard of course still

4 Likes

Can you please unlock Mankrik, or allow free transfers off Mankrik so it can eventually be unlocked. This no-warning lock has caught some of my characters on other realms, and most on Mankrik, the some; sadly, including my main character with 200+ days played, and the one I care the most about. It’s now cut off from playing with my friends, family, and community built.

Since you guys already turned off new character creations on these servers, maybe allow transfers if you already have a max-level character on these realms. So you can continue to…

“…want to help players build friendships and deepen their relationships within parties, raid teams, guilds, and server communities.”

3 Likes

Blizzard could do a better job considering EAST vs. WEST instead of just “NA”
Agreed a medium pop. EAST PvP would be a great destination to open, could solve for @Torkaxe too

This^

It’s actually insane that they have completely ignored it for this long with zero communication of any possible solution as they continue to roll out new servers.

Just open paid transfers already and stop dicking around. We have friends from retail spread out all over the place.

1 Like

Blizzard continuing to make more problems they could have fixed a while ago :blush:

This is a good start but you’ve gotta open transfers from Skyfury to the new fresh server, otherwise that server is still a major problem. We’re still stuck there with time spent on characters, locked behind a 9k + que.

I finally was able to get on Benediction last night to delete the gold spammer mail and clear my characters arena teams. But it was too late to transfer to Sulfuras. I already transferred my 70 warlock and tried to transfer my hunter and paladin but couldnt because of gold spammers and arena teams last week. Now my toons are on different servers.

Can someone move my 70 hunter and paladin to Sulfuras please? That would be great.

@kaivax the moment Eranikus sniffs a queue you lock it down my man

Can we get free transfer off Mankrik?

1 Like

Queue simulator 8/10.
Could be a 10/10, but it has too much grind.

Why are there no free character transfers off of Skyfury? I do not want to sit in the queue for 3 hours, nobody does. These other realms are eligible for free transfer but Skyfury is not?

Thanks for bringing this up again. It’s really annoying that Blizzard keeps neglecting Earthfury.

2 Likes