Dragonflight Preview: An Eye on Professions

Dragonflight Preview: An Eye on Professions

In this preview, the World of Warcraft development team takes you further into the new profession updates and what it means for crafting in Dragonflight.

View Full Article

36 Likes

Hell yes. I’ve been waiting for some profession news.
Here’s to hoping I don’t come back to edit this post with an angry face in 15 minutes.

22 Likes

Nobody asked for professions to be more complicated. We just wanted more useful products.

69 Likes

Well at least we can make weapons again

13 Likes

FF14 runs circles around you guys in the profession department. I hope this is a step towards resolving that.

Speak for yourself.

Also, I truly weep for anyone who unironically thinks anything they’ve shown is “complicated”.

74 Likes

quality on mats is a not good idea.

quality in items is fine. but please do not make it random chance.

38 Likes

I will give the benefit of the doubt. This might be a good thing. But only time will tell.

4 Likes

This looks like a step in the right direction for an alternative path for gearing. One thing I didn’t see though is how these changes will apply to previous expansion recipes and materials.

Should those of us who choose the path of the crafter or the gatherer work previous expansion recipes and skills? Will recipes from previous expansions that are still in high demand, such as mounts, also get the quality and inspiration treatment with recolor options? Heck, same question for transmog recipes, will this be a path to offer recolors since we cannot implement a dye system?

5 Likes

I overall like the direction with professions in Dragonflight. But the whole quality on mats-thing sounds like a lot RNG for me and i don’t really like it. This could break the new professions in my opinion.

25 Likes

And stupid limits strike again with the five item limit. Come on, just get over yourselves. :roll_eyes:

39 Likes

5 items is a set or more specifically, Tier pieces.

7 Likes

Blizzard I’m super stoked on this this is gonna be dope I can’t wait for dragonflight

4 Likes

In ff14 you can craft a normal raid quality set for every slot. It’s just a silly limit because they are worried you won’t jump through their hoops otherwise. Betting the mats are unnecessarily soulbound too. Because these devs love making everything soulbound.

55 Likes

Please don’t make ranks or tier recipes purchase via vendors for stupid gold amounts like in bfa, the collector in me cries.

18 Likes

I like just about everything I see here, except the crafting quality section. Seems like unnecessary fluff when you consider all the other goodies we’re getting. Looks promising, overall.

7 Likes

I can understand making some components soulbound, because otherwise you’d be able to buy your way through gearing which probably isn’t their intent. That said, yeah, it’s annoying if everything is soulbound.

7 Likes

This looks like it could shut down those AH bots. I like it.

6 Likes

I’d like to point out that “difficulty” is apparently being equated with “getting lucky with the rng crafting slot machine”.

Unless I’m missing something.

19 Likes

If the crafting quality affects the appearances such as recolors and minor alterations, it could work and ensure a demand for each quality level of item, since the gearscore differences will be minor.

6 Likes

Yeah I do not like this, at all.

Ever since Warlords of Draenor when this was first introduced it was annoying. Remove the limit on how many crafted items you can have equipped. Sure, 5 is better than 1, so you know, credit there, but if someone wants to go out of their way and farm the materials they need for this really powerful gear, and then have a crafter make it for them, they should be able to equip as many of those crafted items as they want.

No other MMO with crafting professions does this. It’s a completely pointless restriction.

56 Likes