Raid Rewards Experiments in Season 4

I hope that the Fated system is going to be the foundation of better raid loot, because currently raid loot is kinda off eclipsed by M+ stuff, both in acquisition and longevity, especially if you try to gear with just raids.

1 Like

We know what we’re getting in DF. You’ll earn badges from the raid that you can use to “craft” (buy from a vendor) up to 5 items to fill slots for bad-luck protection.

Where did you find that information?

I’ve said the same thing. Why can’t we have just one universal upgrade currency that drops from all content? Blizz never seems to follow the KISS principle.

3 Likes

Blizz seems to be trying to find a balance that I’m not sure exists.

Either you design your game around performance/competition and make all the tools to participate highly accessible (if not outright available), or you design for farm/grind gameplay and the content becomes easier to allow people to casually romp around.

These systems they’re coming up with for ‘bad luck proctection’ are an acknowledgement that RNG can really bless some folks and completely destroy other’s experiences of the same game. It’s a lesson they should have learned in Legion with RNG legendaries.

The weird thing is they discovered the bad luck issues in Vanilla and gave us universal currency from dungeons and raids with vendors in TBC, WotLK, and Cata. It’s like they forgot and had to relearn it all over again.

It’s not really the same when back then dungeons had no fleshed out progression path. They were just badge factories.

And the badge gear always sucked compared to the raid gear.

That isn’t the case anymore. Dungeons are a standalone progression system and can gear with items on par with the hardest raids.

If you want to go back to buying 1 heroic equivalent item every 3 weeks from badges while removing mythic+ gearing entirely you can champion that, but I don’t think it’ll be popular.

Sad but true. I just with M+ were fun rather than tedious if we have to run it.

2 Likes

experiments in a 20 years old game :wink:

you should know what we want and how we want it by now :stuck_out_tongue:

They are fun though.

2 Likes

They do know what we want.

However, it keeps conflicting with what they want, which is for people to stay subbed. Blizz, for whatever reason (idk maybe they have metrics on it), decided that people will unsub and not play if they actually get the gear they want, so they try to find ways to give us just enough so we don’t feel it’s hopeless, but not enough to ever get those things outside of some lucky folks.

I personally find it a disheartening and cynical way to design a game and firmly believe that people will play as long as they’re having fun.

Obviously you find them fun. That doesn’t mean everyone enjoys them. I’d much rather be free to raid.

Maybe you’ll be right and players will want to raid heroic for shards to upgrade some of the nicer vendor items from SoD and SFO. That would be nice.

My dude, people are using LFR-ilvl loot in 9.2 right now in some cases because some SoD loot is just that good.

People WILL use heroic Veinripper, heroic Gavel, heroic Jaithys, heroic OWS, heroic Aegis, heroic Edge of Night, and so forth.

1 Like

but higher ilvl… it shiny… the big number…

More like “wah wah why does the guy who does content harder than me have a higher ilvl than me”.

Legit folks thinking their Heroic Jailer (who I 2-shot) is harder than a M25. The delusion is real.

Dudette. :wink:

Good to know! I’ve been running heroic Aegis when I tank but I didn’t realize “real” tanks were running it. (I bear tank low keys on guild alt runs.) I was lucky enough to get one late in the tier for offspec.

What is the philosophy behind adding Season’s Limit to acquiring Dinars?
Would this result in players planning ahead so that they would spent their Dinars wisely, as to not make a wrong choice buying an item early on, later looted weeks later?

By achieving the Season’s Limit at earliest 6 weeks, will the quest still be available? Or any replacement incentive on doing fated raids?

1 Like

the sylvannas bow will have an item to be upgraded. Expect RNG thought.

At this point so late in the expac i dont get their choices on making it 3 only . Like gee thanks only mf 3 ? how am i supposed to gear my alts ? like you would think by now theyed just let everyone have some fun .

i liked at the end of legion how they showered us in leggos . Why cant they shower our alts in catch up gear ???!?!!?!?!