Dragonflight Preview: An Eye on Professions

I just hope that if I’m a max level leatherworker, that the RNG of successfully crafting a high quality item isn’t overly frustrating.

16 Likes

I was about to lose my marbles over the RNG in this until they made it clear that you don’t have to rely on RNG for the Mythic-quality stuff. Phew.

11 Likes

This legitimately has me excited.

But this better carry on from this expansion, forward, and not simply die after Dragonflight!

Looking at YOU, “Tools of the Trade,” from BFA.

34 Likes

Definitely have mixed feelings after reading through the article. I really hope this plays out as a positive and not a negative experience in the expansions life cycle.

4 Likes

This has me more excited than I can put into words. Love the ideas put forth. Hoping the execution lives up to it. This is 100% what crafting needs.

1 Like

How about some stop expecting to craft mythic level items for every slot.
I like this system (so far).

1 Like
  • Up to five of these crafted pieces can be equipped at once, with 2-handed weapons counting as two.

Sorry fury warriors :rofl:.

21 Likes

If you work your butt off to get the mats… why not? Because I can guarantee one of the mats will be soulbound and only drop from mythic.

3 Likes

Looks like SMF will be meta :wink:

1 Like

“Quality” is garbage. Full stop.

Remove that nonsense.

THERE SHOULD BE NO RNG IN CRAFTING, EVER.

Why can you only equip 5 crafted items? So stupid. There are some good ideas here but it’s completely ruined by needless arbitration and RNG.

Just let people play the game and have fun for once. Jesus Christ. 1 Step forward 3 steps back, 2 to the side and then out the other door.

27 Likes

Looks like a neat system.

I just hope you give us some fun goodies for fishing. It was disappointing these past few xpacs

5 Likes

Personaly im not a fan of what i have seen of phails, one typicaly show off things they think are best first and hide the ehh things till later. A consumable item that gives you buffs but limits on how you play tour character just not a good idea in my opinion.

Dont get me wrong if its the best it will be used kind of like dreamless sleep potions, but i dont think kiss curse stuff should be applied to things like flasks. Not to mention having to juggle multiple depending on fights also sounds terrible, hey this fight has a ton of movement. You your int buff phial wont be usefull but on the next fight you can just turret so gon ahead, oh were gonna need you to stack on this fight so this one is worthless but next one you can stay spread out.

Also i dont recall seeing it but please no more maintaince buffs( stones and oils) that only do about 1% or less of your dps, while I apprecaite the idea of the throw back to burning crusade and classic, honestly those could not exist and i believe no one would really notice or care (not to mention oils should have been on enchanting to go with the throwback feel)

to also get to the point i think having phails as is is just going to push the majority of people into alchemy yet again, alchemy is the profession for consumables giving them more im not sure thats a great idea.

2 Likes

I did.

20 Likes

Good read,

This is probably the only concerning part from the post. Specifically, “a more powerful effect,” and what that entails.

2 Likes

Did you guys not learn that having ranks that increase in item level are bad this expansion with Legendary Armors? Nobody wants the low ilvl pieces, they’ll only ever want the highest ones, so there will never be work orders for players to upgrade their ranks after the initial wave at the very start of the expansion.

19 Likes

Blizzard proving once again that they have no idea what they are doing lol

8 Likes

You know, the more I read into this, the worse it gets lol.

13 Likes

I wanted them to more complicated. shrug I am looking forward to it.

4 Likes

I also hope they plan on introducing some crafters/gatherers gear to circumvent a bit of the RNG that seems to be coming with these rank/inspiration/resourceful changes.

1 Like

So…

1. This seems overly and unnecessarily complicated.
  2. This whole “best of the best” crafters can make the highest rank items can (and likely will) suffer from the same issues as base legendaries. Where every rank below the one needed for “max” will become completely worthless (r1-r3) and thus create a massive gold sink for anyone who doesn’t get in early.

I mean we still need to see it in action, but I see some giant red flags already, which worries me.

11 Likes