Classes and Item Tuning Incoming - May 3

I’m not FoTM reroller, I’ve played DK exlusively all expansion long and never complained or rerolled while doing less than healer DPS, having to spam taunt just to keep threat against pallies or frantically trying and failling to keep mobs off wars in M+. The strawman allegation was not needed and unproductive.

Historically, overpowered/degen play styles, like pally glimmer, are met with adjustments that don’t ravage the playstyle in the middle of a tier. This is because it’s understood that, while maybe it should not have gone live as is, it’s butchering a playstyle that players have already spent significant time and resources on, creating very negative player experience.

Never said not to nerf if, rather, instead of a knee jerk reaction from watching MDI I’m advocating for blizz to open a thread about addressing the issue; Here’s the issue, we’re capping strength stacks at 30 for now, here’s what we’re thinking in the coming weeks, please discuss, let’s address the DRW uptime issue without making guilds drop their DKs on M jailer because 95k melees are too much for them without DRW up. Maybe a look at CRW legendary, Shackle spread in M+ or Tombstone all giving DRW massive CDR/infinite runes to spam HS.

What’s misunderstood is that BDK’s power has all come from Borrowed power stacking on top of each other and synergizing to create an inflated packaged, from tier to leggo to shackle to gavel. Baseline BDK is actually very weak.

1 Like

If you are 251 ilv and 1.3k M+ score after 10 weeks into patch 9.2 of course you won’t understand as this min/max conversation is so irrelevant to you.

Imagine you can only keep 30-40% uptime of Brewmaster staggering in combat.

1 Like

What nerfs for destro? Their ST was bad and is kinda meh now.

Why not compare DRW to actual defensive cooldowns like fortifying brew, metamorphosis, shield wall, etc.?

Not to mention the massive offensive buff DRW also provides.

People trying to equate it to stuff like demonic spikes and stagger and ignore pain for some reason like that’s an applicable comparison, not to mention the offensive aspects of it.

Yeah, if fortifying brew was now 80% uptime AND gave a massive dps bonus that would get nerfed pretty hard.

Tbh the brewmaster 4p should be nerfed some as well.

Why do they do things like this?

Calling nothing “something” makes players angry when the wrapper comes off. Blizzard could have done nothing and caused less ire than they did with this fix.

The time for token motions is over. How in the world can that company not understand this? Blizzard almost needs a talented PR person to edit every single outward facing action the company takes. The folks working at Blizzard don’t seem to appreciate the genuine anger and dissatisfaction of so many players.

I guess it’s hard to take it seriously when you get death threats, but… /sigh

I dunno.

I am so amazed and filled with wonder at the disconnect between the creators and the players of this game. It’s fascinating in its dysfunction. Payers want and purchase one thing. Creators accept payment and deliver something else.

How long will WoW’s initial successes allow the product to coast? It’s been coasting with small taps to the accelerator for at least 12 years now.

/boggle

We’ve worked through a couple of modifications to our plans.

Classes
Death Knight

• Blood
    • The First Eidolon’s Soulsteel (2-piece) set bonus: Heart Strike now increases the duration of Dancing Rune Weapon by 0.33 seconds (was 0.5 seconds).
    • The First Eidolon’s Soulsteel (2-piece) set bonus: maximum Strength stack cap is now 40 (was 75).

We will modify the planned adjustment to the Dancing Rune Weapon extension from the 2-piece bonus, reducing the maximum stack cap of the Strength bonus down to 40 from 75. Our initial goal was to rein in the power from the overall set bonus as it far exceeded our expected value for a tier bonus when played well. However, this nerf also hit the lower end harder than intended while also making Blood feel worse playing around optimal gearing and mechanical play to maximize the potential of the bonus. We will instead shift to reducing the maximum Strength cap so that the playstyle of the set bonus remains relatively unchanged but the damage capabilities (and to a lesser extent some of the defensive power) are pulled back some to a more appropriate value.

Rogue

• Outlaw
    • All damage abilities increased by 4%.

We’d like to extend our thanks to the community for all of your discussion on the proposed adjustments. We really appreciate being able to harness the power of your feedback before making changes to the live game.

23 Likes

Thank you for listening to the feedback. You made a lot of DKs very happy.

5 Likes

Hoping some destro lock nerfs are coming this week for arena. Also can we get an improvement on the resolve tuning?

We really do appreciate you all taking the time to listen to what the community is saying and taking being more pre-emptive and communicative.

1 Like

I missed April fool’s day this year, but is the lack of updates to mages a joke?

2 Likes

I give blizzard credit here. They listened to the community feedback! Awesome job! Keep up the good work.

1 Like

I want to emphasize how positive this change is. The dev team listening to the feedback on how big an impact this was really continues to give me hope for the future of this game. Positive steps and wins, appreciate you all.

1 Like

Thank you Blizzard, this is a much more acceptable and reasonable tuning!

2 Likes

Are you happy with Unholy DKs tier set performance? Even after the buffs its still way behind Frost and it takes some effort to proc it properly unlike frost’s passive buff.

Thank you for listening to the feedback. You made a lot of DKs very happy! And this change makes a lot more sense !

Imgur

5 Likes

Sure right after MM and survival.

Very good change. No spec should be shafted by destroying their gameplay. Now, I’d also like to ask once again for the [Frozen Orb] change to be reconsidered.

1 Like

I don’t even play rogue but what’s with this obsession blizz has with not uncapping blade flurry so the spec can actually be fixed?

2 Likes

Thank you.