1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

I don’t care which AV we get, I just want everyone to know that participation metrics on retail are in no way indicative of what will happen in classic.

Retail is trash and if you still play it you should be ashamed of yourself for playing candy crush

1 Like

Wait a minute you can’t say this while at the same time say

You are actually the most disingenuous person I have ever met. When the popularity favors your side, you instantly jump on it talking about how this should mean blizzard should change it to that. But then someone shows you how it was actually the least popular choice in another case and you instantly jump on

This is the main point I was trying to explain to them. The 1.5av or whatever version you are after, is not going to be played out like it use to be. It just simply isn’t. Back then people were just running around aimlessly for the most part. Over 15 years it’s basically become common knowledge for what you are suppose to do in AV.

And this is also a very good point.

If they are pushing for 1.5 av they need to be just speaking about facts.

You say I’m trolling all the time, and I have never once said that I’m trolling. You just don’t like my questions because you can’t answer them.

1 Like

Whether you want to believe this or not, then those bgs are proven to be better. Better is subjective, obviously. But by an objective view point of ‘better’, then the older AV does fall short. If no one is playing the bg and ques are taking a year long, or there is only ever one bg going at one time because no one wants to play it. It is objectively ‘worse’.

Irrelevant. If this were the case then we would also have seen low participation in high level WSG and AB.

Also irrelevant and quite honestly just a really childish thought.

“Why does no one want to play AV, Fred?”

“Well Jack, just give them 2 years to understand it then they will play it”

“But, how are they going to understand it if they don’t play it?”

“…that’s not my problem.”

Dude come tf on… lol could not be more irrelevant.

Possible, even though AVs final changes was patch 1.11 and CRBGs was 1.12 and patch 1.11 improved AV participation so idk man.

He is talking about things that actually happened and then posting his personal views of it.

You are posting bias nonsense gibberish that has no basis at all.

Honestly I believe there could be a good argument behind patch 1.5av. It just needs to not come from you.

Gimme dat old school AV

1 Like

Almost as though voting via likes for a more complete version of AV is not the same as the number of players in a watered down AV purely there for the loot. :thinking:

3 Likes

Wait so does popularity mean something or doesn’t it?

Also, which one makes more sense if it did. Someone pushing a button on a forum, or actively participating in it?

Do you really not understand how these actually make sense?

Dude, I am done mincing words with you. Take a victory lap if you like. You are simply not worth the time.

4 Likes

Why can’t you just answer my questions? Does popularity matter or not? By your own words it does and it doesn’t so excuse me if I am a little confused here.

Early AV is the only AV. Dunno what the 1.12 version even is, it didnt exist when i played vanilla and the private servers i played never had it. Weird that classic will have it.

3 Likes

I personally hoped they would have had both. The early one and then the later one as time goes on. But if you didn’t play 1.12 av (which honestly is 1.11 version) then you missed quite a bit of AV in vanilla. 1/3 of it to be exact

Basically, it’s zerg rush to the enemy base, run in start fighting the General before the base GY is even capped; claim victory just as said GY caps; repeat.

The only time AV went long was when one side had idiots who decided to turtle. Man, like what the F. We’re here to maximize honor/hr, and you’re screwing that up by slowing down the opposing side…GET TO THE GENERAL AND NUKE!

((AV 1.12 in a nutshell.))

3 Likes

Also:
“hurry up and lose!”

3 Likes

Why do you think that has anything to do with 1.12 AV and nothing to do with reinforcements?

We’re not getting reinforcements which is what created the zergfest.

Okay so whats so what about it? People are saying it took to long so that’s why it was unpopular. Period. This isn’t untrue. They also say it’s not going to be played out like that today. This isn’t untrue either. Generally speaking these people aren’t the same people, obviously. Which you know that but you’re acting like this is all one person saying these things to make it seem contradictory.

The issue here is that I can also swing this same argument back in the face of your side.

When discussing 1.12- “ALL PEOPLE WANT TO DO IS JUST RUSH RUSH RUSH FOR THEIR HONOR AND THAT’S IT”

When discussing 1v5-“IT’S GOING TO BE SO AWESOME PEOPLE JUST SITTING IN MID FIGHTING OVER GY’S AND JUST COLLECTING EARS AND DOING QUESTS ITS GOING TO BE SO FUN”.

wut

Tbh it doesn’t matter what version we get. People are going to try to rush it tbh.

1 Like

Unlike you, I can discuss facets of vanilla without comparing them to non-vanilla.

But you’re talking about 1.12 av but discussing a concept that didn’t become popular until a non-vanilla era so I don’t really think you can.