BG's wont stop world PvP - it will make it worse

Let’s just use the server listings. There are many more pvp realms than normal realms. Since the server populations are listed as time averages, we don’t have to care when we look. All of the “full” realms are pvp realms.

The pvp realms, as a whole, slant horde biased (how much, we can’t say). The pve realms, as a whole, slant Alliance (how much, we can’t say). Thus giving us, with Classic as one battlegroup, horde has longer battleground queue times. There are just more of them.

Let’s assume that people who are on pvp servers care more about battlegrounds than the people on normal servers. This leads to horde doesn’t just have longer queue times for battleground; they have much longer queues for battlegrounds. You all enjoy that. You can sit at the battlemaster/instance portal and talk about how awesome your racials are…

If the pvp servers are a battlegroup and the normal servers are a battlegroup, then pvp server battleground queue times will be astronomical. Normal server battleground queues will probably be close to the same, mildly shorter for horde (less horde, but probably more pvp interest).

1 Like

See, the thing is I was asking for recent data, or at the very least before free server transfers started going out and everything got skewered. The situations changed a great deal since then.

You might be surprised at how much pvp happens on a pve server. There has been a virtually nonstop pvp war on Bloodsail Buccaneers ever since the honor system released.

2 Likes

What happens is people queue for BGs, and then they duel or farm. That’s pretty much my recollection of it. I do think it’ll ease up the wPvP quite a bit.

Well, as I said that’s all we got and that’s probably all we will ever get. But look at the sample sizes. They’re quite large. The chances of that data being wildly inaccurate or having significantly changed over time is pretty low.

Server transfers would have no impact on overall faction balance between all realms. If there’s 10 horde and 10 alliance and 10 horde transfer we still have 10 horde and 10 alliance.

1 Like

Players did ask for CRBGs. The only who didn’t want CRBGs are people who win trade for rank.

There’s also the fact that you have to queue in town at the PvP battlemaster. You can’t just go out and join your 500 person horde raid and farm HKs while bringing up a menu.

I think that will deter some people since the travel back and fourth will get too tedious.

2 Likes

no 1.12 sucks

1 Like

Can you cite a single instance of this prior to the announcement of 1.12? Not a response to a pro early AV, but an actual thread that asked for the late version of AV.

How odd. I suppose you believe I alone gave the OP of the 1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake thread over a thousand likes, and prevented the Alterac Valley in Classic thread posted by the CM from getting more than FIFTEEN likes on the EU forum and 128 likes on the US one? Apparently all of the posters responding to the blizzard thread on the EU forum, they were all me.

Uhuh. It is me pretending, when there is actual evidence as to which version has more support.

And the generalization made by the OP has what evidence?

1 Like

Broken…my dude… are you really gauging the popularity of something off of forums posts likes? You understand that threads of people asking for classic use to get shut down nonstop with 1-2 upvotes. Does that mean it’s a bad idea or no one asked for it?

You have got to stop being so disingenuous and obviously biased with your arguments. It’s makes them illegitimate.

Imagine for a moment how many people would stampede to the transfer option if there weren’t CRBGs.

I haven’t had any problems with PvP since phase 2 hit.

1 Like

Nah I dont like being able to queue up for BGs whenever I feel like it. Sorcery it is.

It doesn’t matter if you get 100 honor or 100,000 honor, you only need to be top standing.

In fact, if I was the only alliance person on my entire server to get 15 hk’s in a week, I would get rank 14 just as fast as the top standing on any other server or faction.

If there were only 10 alliance on my entire server to get 15 hk’s this week, we could all just stack brackets, and we would all get bracket 1(BR1) rank points.

If anything the PvE servers have an advantage in getting their PvP gear.

Census addons also indicate that the faction balance overall between alliance and horde on retail is fairly even (and to my knowledge, you can still take census data on retail). Despite that, the horde ques are 5-15 minutes long with mercenary mode being available 24/7 (it’s only supposed to activate when one side outnumbers the other by a large margin). That’s without Blizzard artificially opening transfers that created a very unhealthy long-term world pvp phase for players (mostly alliance) on large pop realms. You can’t reasonably expect PvE realm alliance to be as enthusiastic about battlegrounds as PvP horde players when history’s already shown us that doesn’t happen.

I’m unable to watch the linked video.

Is this correct? PVE will group up against other pve only? Hope not, as im in the oceanic realm and I REALLY don’t want to be playing BG’s with US ping…

Furthermore, lets not release BG’s for another 3-4 months. That’s what I left out of my original post

… every poster on this forum could agree with you, and it still wouldn’t amount to anything.

People on this forum. DO. NOT. MATTER.

They dont represent the majority of players, who never post on the forums, ever.

People happy with something are even less likely to post.

Any time you can actually pony up some facts other than “well a couple hundred people on a forum that post in a game with millions of players”, let me know.

Until then, stuff it.

You weren’t right then, you aren’t right now. You’re just trying to assert that YOUR preferrences should matter and the preferences of the majority should not.

Basically, you’re being a self-entitled, arrogant jerk.

No, this is not true.

Even in Vanilla, the Battlegroups had all types of servers in them.

And the “but this will be unfair, because the PvE realms wont have any PvP gear!!!11?!?!ONEONEONE” whinge is silly.

T1 Raid gear is better than the blue gear, and nearly as good as the epic gear. Which almost no one will have because of the nature of the honor grind. Its FAR easier to get PvE epics than PvP ones.

Just going to leave that steaming pile right here.