1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

So hey, how 'bout that old AV was brought back as a limited time anniversary gimmick but not being put in classic?

3 Likes

The funny thing is that a number of people claimed that it would be too much trouble/effort for blizzard to create an early version of AV for classic. But for a temporary one in retail, which shares the same infrastructure? All the resources and effort readily available.

The anniversary early version is what should be used for classic.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why we can’t just have both options for the earlier version and the later version of the AV. I remember fondly playing AV in its earlier form. After AV was drastically changed I no longer bothered playing it. Looking forward to those epic struggles in the AV was a large part of why I have returned to Wow Classic after years of not playing. No earlier version AV will probably cause me to discontinue playing Wow Classic

Because players when given the option to get to the loot will take the path of least resistance. If AQ loot was available via the original raid as well as just riding throught the AQ map in a zerg a few times, bypassing everything, how many people do you imagine would choose the former?

Giving a choice of faceroll AV and time commitment of early AV, too many would take the easiest, fastest route.

Rincewind certainly does.

KIDS: this is how you create Scourge at home…beat necro thread to death eight months later

Nerfed AV was during this current patch. #nochanges

Because the true classic version is gonna be hard to re-create?

AV was always packed in Vanilla. It didnt take 12 hrs it took days and that is why people logged in. It is what we STILL want.

1 Like

And we’re getting the pre reinforcements AV so it’ll take as long as it takes.

1.12 was already a huge mistake.

2 Likes

The world turtle likes this post.

www.turtlecoin.lol
turtle love.

3 day AV’s? That won’t happen anymore regardless of the version they release. Players have learned to just death rush the final GY and just spawn and kill final boss.

“b-b-but muh 72-hour AVs!!!”

Those rarely happened, take off the rose tinted glasses. Furthermore, nobody was sitting in that same battleground for the entire duration, it was just constantly cycling in new people as old ones /afk’d out of the battleground. It was just an eternal stalemate until one side got enough people to push the objectives.

2 Likes

You did not need to be there but for a portion of the BGs duration to make meaningful rep and honor.

1 Like

:thinking:

1 Like

I want old school AV. I do not want to base race.

Old school AV was a major reason I wanted to play Classic. My bad for not researching if this information was available before then…but the fact remains, I want REAL AV back.

6 Likes

I just want the choice…

I 100% agree.