1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

Having a choice would be a bad thing for the health of the BG.

Naw. I dont’ want to get a deserter debuff cus people want to farm the same undergeared people over and over. I like BGs to finish.

Good news, you already have 2 BGs that are precisely up your alley.

Bro just stand infront of SW endless death right there. I give solutions to your problems.

Ironically right now you can play the better version of AV on Retail

Good news, you already have dozens of dungeons and raids that are primarily about killing NPC’s those should be precisely up your alley.

1 Like

Ah good old Zyrius, once again ignoring that AV 1.12 was when it peaked (in vanilla) at killing PVE and avoiding PVP. Each patch post 1.7 that fudged with AV caused less and less actual PVP to happen.

Holding out hope that it is used in classic as well.

Maybe they’ll see how much people like it.

They were wrong with how popular they thought classic would be. They would be similarly wrong by going with 1.12 AV.

5 Likes

Killing NPC’s isn’t PvP.

And no the map didn’t become a rush fest until reinforcements were added which was much later than 1.11.

1.5 is much more pvp than 1.12

1 Like

100% agree, give us the old AV!

1 Like

Depends on how you choose to play the map I guess.

I got a ton more pvp out of the map without NPC’s getting in the way.

And yet you (although you have admitted to doing so just to troll) champion AV 1.12, which out of all of the vanilla patches of AV, saw the very least PVP, the most avoidance of it, and the most focus on PVE in the BG.

And here come the blatant lies.

There was literally less PVP in 1.12 than the early versions.

Sure you do.
How’re those druid balancing changes coming along?

3 Likes

/shrug maybe your BG differed but very few games I played in before reinforcements were zergs.

Oh and if you play the old version on retail people do zerg it disproving the claim that somehow the map forced you to not zerg.

Maybe for you, and if there was it was your own fault for not making it happen.

After playing the old school AV they created on BfA, I can safely say that it does feel much more complete and it is more enjoyable.

I can also reiterate the stance I took months ago that caused people to accuse me of being anti-Classic. The extra, buffed NPC’s and landmines do very little to prevent a zerg. 1.5 AV and 1.12 AV would be nearly identical in terms of game length.

If the players want a zerg, it’ll be a zerg.

2 Likes

the people doing the honor grind will be in wsg not AV new or old.

Truth 100%

5 Likes

In 1.5 AV players did not zerg. In some of the later patches before 1.12 I did witness some full Alliance top-tier guilds zerg 6 minutes (I think that was the cited time), but unorganized groups with who-knows-what gear absolutely will not be able to zerg, no matter how hard they try.

The NPCs over time were massively nerfed in number, health, and damage. Before the nerf powerful NPCs slowed progress on both sides allowing front lines of players to form.

Fact of the matter is, no matter what version we get it will not last very long. Private servers have old AV and the games dont last long. People know how the game works now it was different back then

1 Like