1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

Is the 15th anniversary old AV still in testing?

If you really wanna play 1.5 AV, or any vanilla BG right now, there are, uh, ways. I’ve been playing WSG this whole time, gotta keep those pvp skills sharp.

h ttps://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/45464-new-alterac-valley-15th-anniversary-details/

sounds like they are done testing, at least externally

1 Like

You should probably play retail then boss. AV is not AV with the nerfed version the massive long battle was what made AV freakin fun as all heck and it was ALWAYS populated and you ALWAYS had to wait to get into it on Darkspear in vanilla. People LOVED long AV.

Before CRBG’s you had to wait because AV was so unpopular there simply weren’t enough people to get a queue to pop…

You have bad memory then because I remember very clearly fighting for over an hour in mid alone.

And hour.

Then I logged out, ate food watched a movie got the urge to play AV again, logged in and boom. Was in the same instance.

How did I know it was the same instance? It had a ton of the same people barking orders over chat and the map was still in freaking mid!

AV 1.12 is still a very very bad decision.

1 Like

This is what actually made older AV epic. Why does all the BG needs to be done in a short time. The old AV was unique in this sense. I remember leveling and doing AV. In old AV everyone had a role even those who like doing PvE.

Early AV was hell. I don’t have that kind of time to commit to a battlegound. I also hated leaving a battleground, then reQ a few hours later and get in the exact same one I left. And no, I don’t want to play retail AV because I don’t want to play retail. My issues with retail are sooooo much deeper than a few ‘new features’ from BfA that apparently a lot of people hated. The reason I play classic is because WoW after WotLK does not appeal to me at all.

I enjoyed 1.12 AV immensely, I loved the scale of it. It was that time when I seriously ground Stormpike rep. It wasn’t a painful slog anymore and the games went quick enough (for AV) to keep games interesting.

I sincerely hope Blizz keeps with their decision to give us the shortened AV.

Plenty of people didn’t have time for raid content, yet raid content persisted. You have 2 other BGs that are quick fixes.

I bet raiders hated raid lockouts and weekly resets too.

There was no need to complete early AV, (pre cancerous marks of honor) as you could make meaningful rep as well as honor, simply playing as long as you liked.

I sincerely hope they do not once again cater to players like yourself.

So you are saying I have 2 battlegrounds to get my fix? Raiders by this time had at least 5 raids to get their fix. That’s a stupid argument. I’m not asking for PVE raids to change to fit my casual play style, I am just asking AV remains the way it was when Vanilla ended.

Early AV was fine for raiders and raid groups, but I do not raid, let alone pug raid. 90% of your early AV games were pretty much pug raids, and just as painful and annoying as the PVE ones. There was a reason Blizzard shortened AV the way they did, and it was a valid reason: unless your battleground was lead by a guild pvp raid, it was a slow painful disorganized chaotic mess. You can make the argument that even after the changes, they remained chaotic messes, but at least they weren’t as slow and not nearly as painful.

AV was designed to mimic open world PVP, complete with PVE objectives. I reject your belief that it would only be fine if played as an organized raid team. I NEVER played in a coordinated premade/raid group. In fact the most fun I had in AV was prior to them auto-adding all players to the raid group. You did not need to be in a 40 man well-coordinated raid to accomplish most of what AV offered. a 5-man group working together was a force to be reckoned with.

1 Like

I think it’s safe to say your experiences with AV were very different to that of mine. I didn’t start enjoying AV until it’s ‘nerfing’. We can just leave it there.

Man I am excited for the AV phase to get here if they go with the latter version. I am just excited for BGs in general, which to me were peak WoW.

AB>AV(later)>WSG>AV(earlier)

The earth is not flat.
The earth is more like a Frisbee. That way the water bends back underneath the oceans.
Everyone knows that.

AV was changed during vanilla for vanilla players because the original AV just wasn’t very popular, sounds like picking the version they are is actually catering to vanilla players.

1 Like

Just stop with the "authentic vanilla experience, its quite cringey and overdue. Multiple things have been fixed and messed with so the #nochanges is already dead.

No, Zyrius. Enough with the tired and trashed idiocy that you keep spouting. It has been shown to be false over and over and your bad faith posting in the AV threads is simply tiresome. You have demonstrated that you are just here to troll because you did not get your pet changes to the druid class.

I mean sorry but there were some things about vanilla that were not that good initially. AV was one of them hence why it was changed during vanilla. And in this case the version of AV we’re getting falls perfectly within #nochanges :slight_smile:

Troll’s gonna troll.
Suffice it to be repeated once again for you to ignore once again:
Popularity is not a metric for quality.

1 Like

No, but sometimes, as is the case with AV, popularity goes hand in hand with quality and the original AV just wasn’t very good.