1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

Why you mad?

For one, AV classic is one of the most unique and cool experiences I’ve ever had in a MMO. You aren’t forced to play the whole AV for 20 hours or whatever, you can leave and come back…you have a choice. :wink:

Proof? You just talking out your backside? Yeah…what I thought.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

People want classic AV, not 1.12 AV…why go to the trouble of doing this project and do it half-!@#@? We already have AV 1.1.2 its called BFA. Why have the same version of AV in classic? Its lazy and its a slap to the community. Them not doing Classic AV will make PS still be a viable option for people that want to play a REAL classic experience.

We get it, some of you people don’t care about AV or for that matter the Game, you’re just like other humans that want to consume and then leave…you don’t care and the project doesn’t matter to you, only what you can get out of it. Short term that’s fine and dandy but long term that’s the kind of crap that got Blizz into trouble with Retail WoW.

Long term gains are always a better strategy then short term gains. You might not care about the big picture but some of us do and some of us care about this project and have been fighting for this for YEARS!

Unless your a worthless, jobless deadbeat parent.

Damn you’re a mad human, what happened to you? So jaded and angry…hope you don’t have access to firearms.

7 Likes

Words of a minority that falsely believes they’re a majority. AV was one of the fondest memories I have of Vanilla and TBC yet I still prefer v1.12 and afterwards. Massive turtles did have their appeal but honestly they weren’t sustainable. They had their epic moments in hours of game time but they weren’t rewarding enough to play day to day, week to week. I think Blizzard is doing well in performing a very challenging task where they must interpret what the majority of the classic fan base want. They can’t tailor so many details to make everyone happy, that’s simply impossible in more than a few aspects of the game.

When all you expect/demand is mediocrity, all you get is mediocrity. :man_shrugging:

Excuses are like A-Holes, everyone has one…it being hard to do isn’t a valid excuse. Anything worth doing in this life is hard, hard to build a chair out of a block of wood, its hard to build a car from a block of steel. We do hard things so we can enjoy the fruits of our labor after.

We were once told that “classic can never happen” because it would be to hard and it would be to tough to do…technical limitations,etc,etc,etc. How did that work out?

8 Likes

With the mix max mentality taking over classic you can expect 1.12.1 to stay even if they revert the AV changes.

Look at the thread, what’s funny is you dismiss forum posters for not being “the majority” but its one of the metrics we can use to gauge things is places like the forums. What metric do you have to back up your claim? I would love to see it but we all know its “your feelings” not what you can prove with facts and stats. :wink:

How so?

I “think” is the key word…I think you’re wrong. Its pretty easy to gauge what the community wants, you just have to read and pay attention. Stop making excuses for a Billion dollar company.

Cool story

Classic AV isn’t impossible…and they can tailor to their base just fine…people that are just there to consume will just consume and leave,their not the target audience for this project, yet we have to make exceptions for them cause they don’t care they just want to consume.

6 Likes

They are even creating an old version of AV for the 15th anniversary in retail. If they are willing to put in that effort, one would hope they would share it with, you know, classic.

9 Likes

Lithriel is Activision even paying you to white knight their lazy excuse to run 1.12 over what the majority of the fans want?

4 Likes

holy hell this thread is still going…

1 Like

Based on the tone of your comment, I don’t think you fully understand the scope of trying to retrofit anything.

Old house needs plumbing and electrical, but you want to keep the overall character? That’s very challenging, costly, and time-consuming.

Workplace needs to update its old file system? SAME THING!

Do you have instrumentation at work that requires legacy hardware to run because it’s really the only thing in the world that does what you need it to do? If so… what happens when the legacy hardware finally craps out?

Change sucks, and it’s implementation never perfect. Things won’t be the same. Period. Also, you’ll get a lot of people who’re bent out of shape for whatever reason, and they usually have no clue what they’re talking about.

Blizzard is trying to do something here for its fans (we can all debate on WHY, but that’s moot at this point because the ARE.)

1 Like

I aint mad at all. Just a realist.

Also stop crying like a child. It doesn’t fit you.

I’ll copy/paste my answer from a similar topic.

My memories concur with the other pro-1.5/1.7 AV people.
It’s pretty vivid actually, as I kept thinking about it since Blizzard pruned it patch after patch. My lvl 60 game loop revolved around AV. I farmed, went to dungeons, raids, just to be stronger and go back into it.
It was a perfect endless PvPvE microcosm.

I acknowledge pro 1.12AV are a lot, even if I think they only want their rep/honor on easy farm and that completion OCD scratched.

That said, complaints won’t stop, ever. Because we are quite a lot too asking for its return. For some of us, Vanilla back meant 1.5/1.7 AV back. Yet here we are.
For me, a compromise has to be done, with the option to choose between 1.5(or 1.7, which I’d prefer) and 1.12 AV at the battlemaster.

It’s a change ? Yes, layering is too, so is leeway, mount/mount skill cost, old epic mounts and TCG goodies nowere to be found, etc.
Would it split the community ? We already are. Besides, I truly think we will be more than enough playing Classic so both AV queues would be fulfilled.

We can keep trying to pull the blancket off of each others, or make everyone happy. No downside.

4 Likes

Remember when they said they couldn’t do Classic,cause it would be to hard and time consuming? That it would be to tough to go thorough it all and try to re-create it.

Good times…:sunglasses:

Keep making excuse for mediocrity…keep making excuses for a billion dollar company with MASSIVE resources. Act like their some small start up trying their best! :rofl:

Not only can they re-create AV pre 1.12, they’re doing it for the 15th anniversary in retail as a poster above me said…I guess that means your excuses for them are moot uh?

9 Likes

:rofl:

You’re so mad its not funny, dude it shows…you’re not fooling anyone with that kind of lingo. You’re not as smart as you think you are.:wink:

The best you got? Damn this gen is weak…come on, you can do better! :grin:

4 Likes

No one is making excuses here. Just explaining how things work in the real world!

Act like their some small start up trying their best!

*They’re

excuse

ex·​cuse | \ ik-ˈskyüz

, imperatively often ˈskyüz\

excused; excusing

Definition of excuse

(Entry 1 of 2)

1a : to make apology for

b : to try to remove blame from

Just explaining how things work in the real world!

Kinda like back in the day when Blizz said they couldn’t do Classic? Yet they were able to do Classic…funny how that “real world” acts uh?

*They’re

Really? Yeah that’s called deflecting and its a thinking error, you do know what thinking errors are right? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

The free pass people give blizzard, a company with the clout and resources to perform, is just some stockholm syndrome bs and its quite sad to see it when you do.

How could a company with the resources to hire the absolute best in the biz be expected to put out a product that would be the best in the biz, they made some old game and now some people will give them a free pass until the day they die.

3 Likes

With all respect, please consider that many players enjoy playing the game for itself, and consider that playtime to be pretty darn rewarding. I think when players begin putting other rewards as the number one priority, it’s a slippery slope all the way to BFA.

10 Likes

Again, they should just patch backwards to bonechips and NPCs. That’s the AV that was fun. The newer version is crap, just like warfronts. Crap crap crap

THIS…THIS RIGHT HERE!

I didn’t experience this in Vanilla but I did in BC: Started a match. Went to work for 4 hours of Overtime. Came back to the SAME MATCH!

4 Likes

Not really. Keep trying. I literally don’t have feelings. Was diagnosed as sociapathic tendencies. Nothing you say or do could upset me.

I do encourage you to try.