1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

Patch 1.5 - AV ADDED - June 7th 2005 (Original AV)

Lasted 35 days

Patch 1.6 Changes to increase the speed of the game - July 12th, 2005

Lasted 63 days

Patch 1.7 - minor bug fixes - September 13th, 2005

Lasted 27 days

Patch 1.8 - big changes happened - October 10th 2005.

Lasted 85 days

Patch 1.9 - tooltip change - January 3rd 2006.

Lasted 84 days

Patch 1.10 - nasty items removed/ korrak removed - march 28th 2006

lasted 84 days

Patch 1.11 - most NPC guards removed - June 20th 2006

lasted 63 days.

Patch 1.12 - one bug fix - August 22nd 2006

lasted 105 days

Patch 2.0.1 - TBC PRE-PATCH - December 5th 2006.

What does this show us? 1.12 is the longest unchanged version of AV in Vanilla. Make of that what you will.

Carl Sagan
American astronomer

Carl Edward Sagan was an American astronomer, cosmologist, astrophysicist, astrobiologist, author, science popularizer, and science communicator in astronomy and other natural sciences. He is best known for his work as a science popularizer and communicator.

Born: November 9, 1934, [Brooklyn, New York, NY]
Died: December 20, 1996, [Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

There will come a time when the time Carl Sagan has been dead will be the longest unchanged version of Carl Sagan. Does that mean that dead Carl Sagan is better than live Carl Sagan?

Much like death, blizzard is loathe to undo horrible things they cause.

“Longest Unchanged” is meaningless.

2 Likes

No, but it does mean that the Dead Carl Sagan is the version you have to live with :wink:

Im not saying it’s better. I was replying to a person who asked how long each version was out for.

You’re reminding me of many other people who post here and complain.

They complained when they didn’t get a cheaper subscription. They’re still here.
Complained when the subscriptions were tied together. They’re still here.
Complained when they got temporary sharding. They’re still here.
Complained with the compromise on loot trading. They’re still here.

I’m sensing a pattern here. I bet when Classic launches and if we have 1.12 AV, you’ll still be here.

Unlike dead Carl Sagan, bad versions of AV are under the power of blizzard to not implement into a classic version of the game. If someone wanted to go to a museum and see all of the cool stuff Carl Sagan did and spoke on, it would be rather dumb to simply have a reproduction of his corpse.

And you will note that I dealt with that immediately, as opposed to your wall of dates.

Game isn’t out.
You know who you remind me of? A common troll.

I would also be dumb to have a recreation of Carl Sagan age 10, instead of a Carl Sagan age 40, if they’re showing off all his achievements.

Simple fact is, they’re reproducing 1.12 in every way possible. For all the “Blizzard already changed it” things, none of those are to use an earlier patch once CP6 comes out.

You could justifiably ask for AV1.5 for CP3 and then AV1.12 in CP6, but you’re going to get CP6 by the end of it, because they’re working on that as the template snapshot they want to reproduce. All the content patch phased introduction is a concession to us. Not for their benefit. If AV 1.5 is too hard to do as a phased element, they’re not going to do it.

Well BFA is out and I pay money for that and to access the forums. A long time ago Bornakk said they may turn off access to the forums for non-subscribers because of harassment and no productive discussions.

You’re not being very productive dismissing everyone with a different opinion and telling people who play retail they’re opinions don’t matter.

I’m actively paying Blizzard money. Why do I need to deal with someone who isn’t paying money actively trying to derail discussion on threads?

I don’t get harassed when I’m shopping at the grocery store by the non-customers outside. So why the heck is it allowed here on the forums?

You’re just showing why they need to flip the switch again. Zero room for discussion. It’s all “My way or the highway, you’re wrong, leave.”

1 Like

You know what. I have to conclude that you’re either

a) A bully and a troll, who accuses everyone of being a troll to bully them into not responding, or heaps abuse on them to try and discredit them ad hominem style.

or

b) Really really … really… insecure.

Please stop accusing everyone of being a troll because they don’t agree with you, or point out the HUGE GAPING HOLES in your argument.

I actively paid for D3, WC3, and other Blizzard Titles. You are not currently paying for classic, so you and I have the same right to speak in the forum dedicated to it.

YOU are not being very productive simply repeating what you read on the internet rather than speaking from experience. You habitually argue against those who HAVE that experience. You even admit you would play either way. So what is your agenda beyond getting reactions?

Also, “derail discussions”? You of all people beyond those with ZERO vanilla experience, who only has “Ion said” as a reply has been derailing since you created that alt to post here.

2 Likes

We are both standing outside of the store that has yet to open. The only difference is that I have shopped there in the past.

“Zero room for discussion”
Suggests removing those from the discussion who actually have experience with the subject matter

1 Like

I do think they’re a troll.

This thread isn’t going to go anywhere. I had moved my position from a strict 1.12 to a progressive AV release with the changes experienced in Vanilla. But they want 1.5 or nothing. Despite 1.5 only existing for 35 days without changes.

They don’t even talk about other peoples points. It’s always “you didn’t play it so you don’t know.” Well I guess no one is able to write history books or teach history because I know my teachers and professors weren’t born in the 1400s, so they have no first-hand experience. :slight_smile:

This thread isn’t going to go anywhere. They’re preying on each new post bashing down any sense of the discussion. It’s sad really because I think we could honestly reach a nice middle ground.

I was certainly moving in the other direction when people provided posts about their experiences and not bashing my lack thereof.

Yet more falsehood. I have repeatedly pointed to 1.7 as the high water mark. This is how little you actually read and understand those who you are arguing against.

Getting a decent version for a couple months compared to getting the bad version for infinity is not “middle ground”.

At this point I truly could not care less what you get behind.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

1 Like

1.5 or 1.7, you’re not going to have either at CP6. That’s a given. If you want to have 1.5 or 1.7 for any length of time, start a new campaign to have progressive AV. It would be achievable and we’d all get behind it.

I tried progressive AV, with Prufinnor. Shot down immediately. Zero room for discussion. They’re almost as stubborn as a Tauren you may know. :slight_smile:

But at least the Tauren isn’t insulting and has moved my position on AV. I actually credit him to moving from a strict 1.12 to a progressive AV to have that experience. He gave some really good reasons and provided some first hand experience in the early AV topics.

That pretty much sums up my position.

1 Like

Cool. We get that. You’re not going to get that, pretty much guaranteed.

Yes you told me repeatedly.

You got upset when I threw Blizzard quotes at you. So I tried other points of argument, such as length of existence. Player mindset being the same. Progressive AV.

Every time I tried to change up my argument. You refused and dismissed. You though provide the exact same arguments. And they’re not even first-hand experiences. It’s just insulting others who want something different. It’s not nice.

Boy, why would someone get upset at the return of the “Wall of No: AV Edition”?

See the Carl Sagan response.

?
Player mindset is vastly different than it was during 1.7, during 1.12 and during the current incarnation of the game. What is your point? If anything the current player mindset is full throttle path of least resistance, and you want the AV with the least resistances.

You have yet to give an actual argument as to what about 1.5-1.7 would detract from your experience, making you argue against it.

I do not need different arguments. My goalpost has not wavered.

How do you figure?

Oh, is that what it is? You stated it wouldn’t matter to you if they gave us the early version. Yet you argue against those who DO care about the differences.

Your tossing shade and building yet another wall-of-no results in people not seemingly acting “nice” toward you.

2 Likes