1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

So why should you be compromised with?

:thinking:

1 Like

Because Blizzard listens to everyones feed back, including mine. I hope they don’t just listen to people who whine and say they’ll quit. Just because I’m not threatening to quit doesn’t mean my opinion isn’t valid. Everyone should have a voice. :slight_smile:

If they did give in to people who threaten to quit the game would be so different.

I pugged AV around 1.7-1.8 (don’t remember the exact version) - it was the most fun I had in the game. The premades are going to do their thing no matter what version they put in. The question in my mind is what version is truer to vanilla.

One final thought - going with 1.12 is the only cut to content they have proposed so far, and that is a bit disappointing.

2 Likes

Funny how it’s only the forums that have a problem with 1.12 AV.

Blizzard themselves said they changed AV because barely anyone was actually playing it. So clearly it wasn’t the best thing ever.

1 Like

I had fun in 1.5 and I had fun in 1.12. I would like to see 1.5 because it has more content even if it is a mess.

2 Likes

Right, they should worry more about appeasing those who say they will pay/play regardless of what is produced. PS: whatever I choose, it would not be “quitting” as I am not subbed.

Different from BFA? Heaven forbid such a thing.

That is what she doesn’t quite grasp, seeing as she keeps comparing 1.5-1.12 as “progression” akin to the rollout of raids. She also did not respond to my “compromise” of a couple months of 1.12 AV and then 1.7 from there on out. Which would be more in line with progressive addition of content.

Reasons for which have been posted repeatedly in this and other threads.

2 Likes

It was progression. It was on the timeline from 1.5 - 1.12. Vanilla progressed forward down the timeline.

You may think it was a step in the wrong direction. But it was a step forward in the timeline. Not in actual content or it being good.

I really wish we would just let this thread die already.

You are completely welcome to mute the threads you do not feel like seeing. Click on the paw icon and choose to mute it.

3 Likes

Actually i think Reddit had a few post on it as well, though to be fair the majority on the forums seems to be against 1.12 av.

That being said it’s just the forums. So who know’s.

1 Like

Reddit appeared to be mix at first. But then had a meme that made it to the front page with over 1,400 upvotes.

Then people said it was because some private servers use 1.5 AV and that people who wanted the 1.5 AV are private server players who want blizzard to emulate private servers.

No Private server in history has used 1.5, most of them use 1.8 or 1.12

I don’t know what private servers use as I don’t play on them. Just heard people said they use 1.5 or 1.8.

I also think reddit is a better medium to gather feedback then the forums, aside from the blue posts. Reddit seems to have more activity from a greater number of people.

I feel like I’ve interacted with most of the regulars here. Whereas reddit just has so many opinions.

I got to experience earlyer versions of AV on Pservers and grow a likeing to them there and prob most people get the idea of wanting 1.5 or whatever version it is from there.

But ye blizz does have the time even if they miss alot of code to work for us and making an earlyer version, with av releasing months after classic does.

That said… these versions on Pservers also left in the backdoor walljump, which gave horde a way to not have and cross the bridge and avoid 2 towers of bowman…

I think it depends more on the topic then anything else. How many users from Reddit would even play on Classic compared to those posting on the forums my biggest problem is that you don’t need a sub to post here yet people don’t. So i’d take either site wit a grain of salt.

So I was browsing the EU forums to see what they’re thinking about this is. Surprise, surprise most didn’t like it but found someone on the thread link something TipsOut said.

Seems hard to argue with that. Blizzard said it gives them the most clarity. Not the most clarity for the players, but for Blizzard.

2 Likes

But nobody actually argued about that sentence? “Clarity” could very well equate to “least effort”.

You went on the EU forum, saw more overwhelming dislike of the decision, but managed to find and post a nothingburger.

:man_shrugging:

By the by, what on earth is with the expiration date on threads there? Can the EU only fit so many threads onto their interwebs?

1 Like

If we’re making a Classic server, why not have Classic AV? The whole thing kinda fly’s in the face of “warts and all” and making a “Classic Experience”. We had AV 1.5-1.8 for how long? How long was 1.12 AV there for?

2 Likes

Again it is “warts and all” except where Ion or whoever is making the decisions deems it “gross” or “hard”.

I would caution you from the “how long was X in the game”, as time something existed does not directly relate to the quality of the thing.

1 Like