1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

As others have pointed out, you cannot expect a small indie company to have the resources to reconstruct what is virtually the pyramids. You cannot expect a small company to produce content like that for a paltry $15/month per each of millions of players.

1 Like

“Spears shall be shaken, Shields shall be Splintered,
A sword day, A Red Day, ERE THE SUN RISES!”

Forth Eorlingas!

https://youtu.be/aMH7Cal4zGY?t=141
Fight. Fight! Do not tell me that we cannot win.

Then don’t pay. Trust me, someone who is this upset that .000000000001% of the game isn’t precisely what they want leaving will be a net gain for the community.

Yeah, even if Blizzard has completely lost the code, they act as if they are incapable of recreating simple mobs or mechanics, especially given that it is on a modern engine of which they are currently creating much more mechanically deep content in modern WoW. Do you think that Blizzard has no developers? Or do they think that the official development team is less abled than fans that made private servers?

6 Likes

Do you honestly think that they would get it exactly right? And when they don’t, do you honestly think that the same people moaning in this thread wouldn’t then moan about that?

This never ceases to be absurd, no matter how many times you blurt it out.

2 Likes

Interesting argument strategy. Is there term for a logical fallacy that misrepresents another’s argument by absurdly reducing its relevance?

Put yourself in the shoes of an early WoW dev. Pretend that you struggle to make end game content. You look at all the content to discover what is missing. You realize that players need a dedicated OWPvP zone. A war that is always hot. You know that it won’t be “hot” if it is no different than the unstructured manner of OWPvP, so the dev team puts all of their creative talent into designing new NPC interactions and objectives, a victory condition most importantly. Later you attend a dev meeting where it is decided that this zone must be made into a queued instance to make it more accessible to more people, and to aid with future design. You create the Alterac Valley instance with the expectation that it will serve as a significant time sink for high level players, especially those who are done with content that was primarily made for character progression.

Now answer. What percent was Alterac Valley supposed to be, given that it was the only “always hot” battleground instanced version of OWPvP?

This fight over the version of AV is fueled by knowledge. Respect that.

5 Likes

Exactly at what you’re doing?

It also never ceases to be correct, no matter how many times you complain about it.

Why do I realize that? AV has been much, much worse than 1.12 for a very, very long time and WoW is still here. Which would heavily indicate that no, I do not need a dedicated OWPvP zone (which AV isn’t anyway).

You might want to learn a few things about logic before attempting to again expound on it…

I don’t recall these issues until after reinforcements were introduced which then created that time limit. From what I understand and others have already confirmed here is that this won’t be an issue with 1.12

I do recall, and it will be worse now that there has been 10+ years of confirmation that rushing to the generals unimpeded is the most efficient strategy.

Reinforcements did not create rushing the generals. It merely taught it.

See now, I understand your past experiences as you remember them and maybe it will happen, maybe it wont. I think the key issue you pointed out is “efficient strategy”.

You will see some AV groups that rush and others that will enjoy the time and long drawn out fights.

You will also likely see a lot of yelling in chat to “rush the general” and some will try to follow while others will not, thus creating a lot of conflicts and scattered skellies all over the field.

Wait and see, but it will ultimately come down to each player’s choice and mindset of what they want to do. Maybe we will see more “fun” in AV over what is most “efficient” ?

No, reinforcements forced the rush. Without reinforcements playing D is a perfectly viable strategy so if you don’t like the rush do something about it.

What i really liked about AV 1.5:

Quests were interesting.
You could summon IVUS, The Ram Riders, and the Infantry Rush
There was an EPIC feeling in winning.

I also do not understand PVE people not supporting a huge BG. Do we really want warriors getting a 2-handed mace over the course of a weekend? Yes holiday weekend you can get AV exalted from nothing if the “race” is fast enough.

If any BG needed to be nerfed its WSG. Those game can go on for quit a long time in Vanilla.

If anything I wish they would 1.5 it and later 1.12 it. Let people actually enjoy it the way it once was, Goblin Shredders and all.

1 Like

I posted this question on the other thread.

Would you guys accept a gradual change to AV?

Phase 1: no av
Phase 2: 1.5
Phase 3: 1.7
Phase 4: 1.8
Phase 5: 1.10
Phase 6: 1.12

That would give you want you want. Then it would also faithfully recreate what happened in Vanilla.

If you don’t want that and want one static version. Please explain to me the difference between you and the person asking for 1.5 talents to be in the game forever.

Sorry but at 39 and with work and a family I don’t have time for 6 hour long AVs.

1.12 is the right call for an aging player base with lives.

The other 2 BGs cater to that lifestyle. In vanilla there was no rule that you couldn’t play AV for as long as you liked, making meaningful progress.

1 Like

There’s nothing stopping you from playing 1.12 AV as long as you like either. And in fact it was common for games to last hours.