1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

Yeah, I mean people from my realm definitely held the middle for as long as possible, but once x realms came about, you didn’t know who you where playing with. The Downward spiral to the toxic bgs began in 1.12

1 Like

Tldr: your tldr was to long, please tlder the tlder :wink:

Your tldr was almost as big as your original post lol,

1 Like

So why aren’t we asking Blizzard for the real reason they chose 1.12 AV? Surely it’d make more sense to release a pre-1.12 version given all this vitriol if they have it available to them…

1 Like

Well hopefully they will address that in the next blue, and if not maybe we should start making threads asking what the reason is. Maybe they’re not releasing a date yet because they realize how much controversy there is on the subject.

I would hope so. I’d start that thread myself but given how many times I’ve been attacked by Broken and his ilk I’d be lynched and accused of being anti-1.5. Someone else should do it.

I’d ask you to cite that, but we’ve already seen how thoroughly you struggle with that.

1 Like

I think his evidence is anecdotal.

Nope but it only takes a few people to break a zerg.

There isn’t that much real vitriol AV 1.12 during vanilla saw much more participation than 1.5 did, there’s a reason blizzard changed it in the first place.

Okay, fine, but I’d still like to know why their stated reasons for choosing 1.12 don’t add up when you look at what was said about data loss during BlizzCon.

For me?

I am not asking them about the old data simply because I don’t care.

They managed to create 1.5 over a decade ago. If they cannot manage to recreate it (or modify the existing AV data they have) over a decade later, then that speaks volumes about their current staff. We are not asking for a version of a continent. We are asking for a version of a specific instanced zone.

6 Likes

Great Post!!!

100%!

I think it’s as simple as they don’t want to and the reasons they’ve said they don’t want to make sense.

Not to get in the middle of the lovers quarrel haha, but why do you care if people want something - despite the chances of it happening are stacked against them? It’s not like he/she is asking for LFR.

1 Like

Why do you care if someone asking for something unrealistic is told it isn’t going to happen?

lol. i don’t. It’s pretty entertaining though.

Anything can happen, we can’t program or create anything in wow, that’s why we’re asking for a change. It’s a realistic question because it’s just a bit of tweaking with NPCs and some coding, which is already in the game.

I could understand if people where asking to put eye of the storm in, or wintergrasp or something that they couldn’t ans wouldn’t do that. But something this minor does have a chance at getting put in. Like I said before, it’s mostly NPCs that are missing from, and some small game mechanics from 1.12.

These a serious forms, no fun is allowed here, now start belittling someone or else!

Or else what you ask? Exactly, you already know…

You are calling the Devs liars.

I think they are trying to get this right - that is why people are posting on this topic.

1 Like

I do not understand why people ask does blizzard even have the code? Private servers have AV 1.5. Private servers run AV 1.5. With Shredders, quests and all. What Blizzard chooses to do they choose to do. Stop saying the cannot.

7 Likes