1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

Just kill LTs and Commanders, then if your faction typically loses, go fish and let the other side win in 15 minutes or less.

…it’s all about the honor. And it’s faster to get some and lose than get some and struggle for that win; after 40 minutes (or more).

Nah, the biggest one was doing that and then putting the better version of AV in retail instead of giving it to us.

/middle finger emoji

3 Likes

yeah its pretty rough, big middle finger to the classic players. like "oh you want old AV? why dont you just give retail a try! :slight_smile: "
my desire to play just keeps dwindling each time blizzard launches updates out of schedule or makes these arbitrary changes or lack thereof. the low/minimum effort they have put into classic is astounding considering all the money this has raked in for them. they just didnt want to spend the money on actually giving us the classic experience patch by patch. we arent playing a remake of vanilla we are playing a remake of private servers lol

3 Likes

Insane how with 1,400 likes Blizzard still ignores this thread. Literally proves posting on the forums is a big waste of time and they don’t care.

3 Likes

this is true, but some nights you could probably stand in AV queue and hear a pin drop.
CRZ might ensure there is at least one going though.
It is really hard to say, unfortunately.

I remember logging on on a friday night, entering AV #1
literally eventually winding up falling asleep, not from boredom, just cause it was 5:45am and it was still going.

having stuff to do saturday, coming back in sunday afternoon, queueing up for
You guessed it, AV #1
We had enemy down to about 60% reinforcements and were going to make an attempt at moving elementals up.
Midnight, they still have 58% strength, and still trying on the elemental and we lost a mine.

You simply had to love that or hate it, i know a lot did hate it even though i liked it.

yes normal folks are enjoying the 7 minute Alterac Valley. Just enough time to skip all of the PVP and kill 1 mob.

1 Like

After multiple hour long games yeah it is kind of fun to have a 7 minute zerg from time to time.

Bingo, stop trying. This game is the wild west. There is nobody coming to save you from what you created.

None of that statement makes any sense but I feel like there was an attempt at saying something clever?

2 Likes

Very well said. Thank you.

What, fifteen years ago? lol

Time to time? What game are you playing?

3 Likes

Classic and since I’m not running in a premade most of my AV games are 30-60 minutes. The super short zerg is a rare exception not a rule.

AV 1.12; still a huge, huge mistake.

7 Likes

thats all i see anymore is zergs to the last boss, 30 min sit for 8 mins isnt fun

I doubt Blizz will make any changes to AV at this point.

I dont know if they will or will not, but it wont be minor changes.
They would need to do like they did in retail, and take the map itself and start from scratch on the rest.

Sending 1.12 toons into an exact replica of 1.05 AV is like sending level 70’s into a level 60 raid.
They would have to rebalance the NPC’s and such against 1.12 demigods.

When players are downsized to L60 in retail when entering AV 15th anni, are they at 1.5 character abilities or 1.12 character abilities?

Look, the 15th anni version was extensively tested before being released. Why would or should it be expected that it would not get the same amount of testing for classic? (if blizzard actually comes to their senses and moves that version to classic)

1 Like

When blizzard wants to start modifying 1.12 maybe they will do something like that. Why you think that if they went that route they would just go with the 1.5 version of AV which was a limited time thing and not some modified version I don’t know.

But then I’m totally cool with blizzard just offering both version of AV so everyone can be happy.

1 Like

u were super right btw

er neither
L60 toons in retail, after the level squish, will function as they did at L120
And no, in classic 1.12 we are demigods. Godlings if you will, in retail?
We ARE the Pantheon.

Apples and Tomatoes
The special AV in retail, was hand built, using how it was in 1.05 as a template to keep the design authentic.
But they hand built the data to factor in BfA characters and their gear and abilities and stats etc.

As for classic, they could lift AV from an archive of patch 1.05 (if they have it) adjust as needed to run in the game client properly and on the host properly, but other wise, leave the data exactly as it was.
And it would in fact be a nearly perfect 1.05 AV with #NOCHANGES
And no one could accuse Blizzard of not testing it etc.

But, we are still no longer those early fragile 1.0x characters.
We are much improved compared to then, and would tend to bully our way through AV from that era.

Now, on the other hand, if they did for classic what they did for retail
and hand rebuild AV and completely retune it to provide the same level of difficulty for a 1.12 toon, that it did for a 1.05 toon, that is a different story.
But it is also #ManyManyManyChanges, and also becomes an active development project and absolutely requires a dev assigned to it with skill and experience in the under the hood aspects of NPC’s and Characters etc.
I would assume those guys are assigned to retail development?

If they did that, i’d definitely come play it with you, even if you and i were the only guys in it.

Im not having fun with PVP in this game. I played in vanilla and had tons of fun, but I didnt have to deal with the 30 min queues for 7 min AV losses and the fact that WSG is just completely irrelevant.

I played horde in vanilla and my queues were about 10-15 minutes and AV never ended in 7 min. Kinda killing all my desire to play, I’m just raid logging now.

1 Like