1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

Here’s the thing though. While thousands were lobbying for early AV, they put the effort in that you outline, but for a completely different group who were not asking for it, and arguably are made up of numbers that absolutely loathe the thought of anything vanilla related. It was such a mismanagement of effort and misjudgment of target audience that truly boggles the mind.

I do not buy that taking the anni version and tuning for classic would take more than simple stat and power adjustments. Why on earth would they need to hand rebuild it again?

1 Like

Has Blizzard even bothered with an explanation for the AV they gave us?

Screw the “no changes, this was 1.12” because they set fire to that when the increased the realm population beyond that of retail vanilla.

They should explain WHY they dropped this atrocity on us. Or, better yet, update us on the pre-nerf AV that they’re working on.

3 Likes

Basically it amounted to “we read all of the reasons why 1.12 AV was a bad idea, but we used 1.12 for stuff, therefore we chose 1.12 for AV. Stuff in early av was too hard and was a challenge for players. Clarity. Also, body parts, gross, lol.”

1 Like

Kind of weird how the community warned that 1.12 AV wasn’t fun and that it would ruin PvP and…

That exact thing happened.

Bravo, Blizz.

Yeah we warned people, it is the worst version av has ever had do to mostly cross realm, but at the same time do to npcs being removed it turned av into a honor zerg bg. I mean before 1.12 it was usually a guarantee that the giants would be summoned and wolf riders.

Blizzard told people who were asking for early version or unerfed version that they were wrong, and 1.12 had the best npc balance etc.

Before the release of classic a month or something before I believe.

iv not seen the wolf riders sense vanilla, least early on turtles got the big bois going.

Yeah wolf riders were usually hard to get out, sadly we will never be able to see them again. Back when it was server only bgs it was indeed common on my realm for them to come out do to balance on the server.

1.5 AV was changed during vanilla because vanilla players didn’t like it.

I love how zyrius insist on coming back into these threads to make absurd claims about early AV, even more so in light of just how bad 1.12 AV is, as many of us predicted.

Apparently he still believes that participation is a metric for something.

3 Likes

Apprently you still don’t understand just how bad early AV was.

And unlike you I want everyone to be happy, just offer both versions.

Well hes been like that I believe there was one time he said he never played classic and started talking about how much of an export he was.

Look at all these people helping turtles make it to the water! People must love these world quests - Blizzard.

1 Like

Seriously… why isn’t Brokenwind just playing retail…

At this point I have little doubt that they see anything beyond participation numbers.

Look at all of these thousands of koala bears burning to a crisp! Clearly dying in a fire is popular!

1 Like

Do you understand the low participation numbers can mean something is just bad? Not unusual, not high effort, not esoteric, just bad?

///Beep boop beepbeep, numbers high, popularity achieved, fun factor confirmed... boop beep end transmission///

What makes you think that 1.5 was fun?

Just couldn’t bring myself to PVP during the week this week, knowing how aimless the games are. I did hop on tonight- got put in against a premade of course, it was over in 8 min and I got 6 hks. I requeued but then stopped to think…lol why?

It’s a disgrace. Zergfrest ally premade AV ERA SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

That is because of how terrible the honor system is, not because of AV.