10.2.6 was based on Community Feedback?

Exactly right. However, what I’m irritated with isn’t this battle royale feature being added. What I’m irritated about is this feature is not what I play WoW for and I don’t want to have a patch last 8 hours for something I will not do. Not to mention this being a secret I was excited only to be disappointed.

5 Likes

There seems to be some weird hangup with that game. Why are people so bent out of shape about Fortnite?

Yeah. The people who don’t play the game and wish-post on GD all day about changing wow into a single player game.

This is a big miss with wows player base.

2 Likes

My feedback is I signed up for an MMO and would like content related to that. I dont even use my own character here.

6 Likes

so you admit you just havent read the community feedback at all huh lol

Sure, but you’re already using a loophole to dismiss any complaints.

“Someone somewhere asked for something. Blizzard gave something. These other entirely different people that weren’t asking for that thing still complain. Checkmate.”

1 Like

This is not PVP to me. At least not WoW PVP.

Every piece of content where the interface is not your class does not qualify.

It’s more like a giant vehicle quest that I will skip.

6 Likes

Except it’s a limited time event.

I suppose this could be fun if they kept it as a side mode for when people just want soemthing that doesn’t affect progress or anything. But making it a time limited event just smacks of being out of touch completely.

1 Like

I’m ok with it being limited time, my only regret is that limit is probably above zero.

This is just a different game. It’s wow resources and a wow update spent giving us a game that isn’t wow.

We already have games that aren’t wow. You think this baby’s-first-BR game is going to be better than the actual industry standard?

No. You’re not wow. You’re worse than actual BR games. What are you? A novelty. It’s a waste. It’s Diablo immortal for wow. “Don’t you people have phones?” Don’t you people have focus groups?

Stop listening to people who don’t play the game.

2 Likes

For years people have been asking for pvp where gear doesn’t matter. A mode that is easier to access for new players to where you aren’t just a HK farm for geared players until you get enough currency to start buying gear.

This is that. I’m not much of a pvp player, but I can see the appeal for those that are.

I want to play WoW pvp not a stand alone, nothing to do with my characters, battle royal.

2 Likes

On the plus side, the new set of TFT comes out tomorrow. So now I have no reason to log into wow and can focus on ranking.

Its literally a double edged sword.

But lets not kid ourselves.

The development team has gotten bigger. Like way bigger.

10.2.6 only has one event. One and that is catered toward pvpers.

good joke , it made me laugh

2 Likes

Players have asked for:

• New pvp content
  • To steal from other games
  • Not to know everything about patches before they released.
  • No addon gameplay
  • Pirates.

This patch hits on a lot of what players have asked for.

1 Like

A relatively tiny number of players has been asking for a battle royale for years. I say “relatively tiny” because whenever the subject comes up those who wanted it were overwhelmingly outnumbered by those who didn’t, like 10 to 1. I’m sure they were able to put together a focus group of players who wanted it in order to find out what would make them happy.

To bad its not actually in the game and you don’t play the characters you have sunk countless time and money into. It’s a side thing that has nothing to do with the main game.

1 Like

It has .
They have a group working on TWW another on the early stages of Midnight amd they have people working on little events like this and the remainder of content for DF .

All the layoffs were for support staff not developement staff.

World of Warcraft recently revealed it is doing work on both The War Within and Midnight concurrently. According to general manager John Hight and executive producer Holly Longdale, there are three teams working on [World of Warcraft](http: //gamerant .com/tag/world-of-warcraft/) simultaneously: one on each expansion, and another on the current updates to the live service game.

The true bloat is management. They need a major internal reorganization that would allow them to respond promptly to real issues by eliminating levels of management that shield other levels from quick action. Teams are not responsive to other teams, as they are in games that are developed with a small fraction of the size of WoW employees. That’s why it often seems that the game was developed by a committee that was not coordinating with other committees - because it is.

But I imagine there are still way too many managers jockeying for power. Cronyism is a strong motivator. Much easier to lay off the workers who actually do the work.

1 Like

but does it say anywhere that they hired more developers?. in other words they just split the dev team in half so contents gonna get shonkier and have told the new interns to have at it and create a 10.2.6 event.

there is no realistic reason to work on 2 expansions at the same time when they can hardly even manage to get 1 right. TWW is gonna be the tipping point cos if they dont get it right alot then its gonna be their downfall

2 Likes