10.2 - Guardians of the Dream

You do realize the Kaldorei dark rangers were allowed back into the Alliance and likely back into night elf society. There is also Sira, I’m still waiting for whatever fate ends up befalling her.

The Undead Night Elves basically didn’t do anything against anyone. They only show up with Delaryn at the end of the Alliance taking back the Darkshore Warfront, and you can just skip right passed them and not even have to fight them.

Delaryn’s feeling guilt for taking up arms, but she’s rather making a mountain out of a molehill, given that Tyrande wanted them back the moment they were raised and Maiev and Shandris even went the extra mile for Sira.

However, the Human Forsaken are a different matter, as Belmont was the one that pointed out:

There’s people in the world with good reason to hate the Forsaken.

And Belmont was one of the Forsaken leaders at Darkshore:

Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: Ah, but you’re just in time! The Banshee Queen has a keen interest in your heads, night elves.
    Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: Make it quick. I have a forest to blight.

Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: Your tree… was just the beginning. This entire shore will fuel our armies!

It was stupid that Tyrande left Belmont alive. Tyrande even misinformedly complains about having spared an enemy moments before confronting Belmont:

Tyrande Whisperwind says: Teldrassil burned because I chose to spare Saurfang’s life.

5 Likes

A new helm is available for orc and mag’har players, while everyone else just has a fist weapon.

3 Likes

Vyranoth recruits her loyalists, kills traitors, and we get to see Fyrakk just up murder a Primalists for daring to question him.

Im starting to wonder if the other races will get shamans from Primalists defecting to their respective racial government when its all said and done.

3 Likes

I think we have just a little more reasons than just that.

Forsaken: “You just hate us cus were different!”
The world: “You are literally killing us.”

7 Likes

I guess the helm would be kinda redundant on Worgen.

1 Like

That’s exactly my take on this. Forsaken want us to treat them with respect and are trying to show the world they are more that just evil killing machines but then we have Characters like Belmont who takes any chance to start a killing spree and relishes in the idea of murder and destruction.

I dont even think they believe that, just ask Leonid Barthalomew. We literally have dialogue in game as far back as Vanella from ex Forsaken talking about how evil the Forsaken were.

What I was trying to say is that the text of them being shunned by the dryads is an appropriate reaction even if the forsaken had never done anything ever. From their perspective, simply being undead is seen as an aberration and not to be trusted.

I never denied that the forsaken don’t have a reason to be hated at this point, but as far as I know, this dialogue’s only being reflected through the nature spirits and not the night elves as of right now.

1 Like

I remember around these parts that Alliance partisans were claiming the Horde needed to contribute to helping the Kaldorei in their rebuilding efforts, as reparations and proof that the Horde was taking responsibility and honoring the peace.

Looks to me like the Forsaken are the only Horde faction that showed up to do just that, sending one of their new council leaders as well as a few members who have connections to the Kaldorei. Seeing as how the Kaldorei might get a major settlement/capitol in the near future before the Forsaken even fully restore their own, I find it amusing the response to their involvement is…

Alliance Partisans: No, not like that…

3 Likes

I don’t mind the Dark Rangers. Heck, maybe the Kaldorei accepting in the High Elf Dark Rangers along with their Night Elf ones would give more lore to the Void Elf Dark Ranger customization option.

Darkfallen-Kaldorei relations… I would be surprised if they suddenly warmed greatly, but I imagine they could occupy that fringes of society spot DKs and DHs have. I imagine questions about their loyalty will always linger on the back burner as there is no good way to tell a forsaken darkfallen from a non-forsaken one.

1 Like

I think it would be neat if the Alliance-aligned undead Nelves made some kind of arrangement with the Winter Queen to be her emissaries or something. Give them a role in the society besides just being goths.

5 Likes

Plus, Voss is cool with me. Worked with her quite a few times. Especially on my Night Elf Rogue.

Voss is not the problem but as long as someone like Belmont remains in a position of power, Forsaken will always be a potential danger to anyone.

1 Like

Speaking of updates, the portal room in stormwind was apparently updated to hold another 10 portals on the second floor. And won’t need another update until 20.0. Which would mark wows 40th anniversary

3 Likes

something they did not mention is all but two portal slots are filled with crates and whatnot… which makes me curious why they are going to need two new portals soon. perhaps one to the new world tree? hm…

The hell, I might be dead by them. A part of me was kinda hoping Wow would still end in our lifetime.

Yeah, it’s coming with tomorrows update I believe. I guess they’re just getting it ready for future expansions. WoW still seems pretty popular that they’re planning that far ahead :smile_cat:

It’s nice to see that the game still has a healthy enough population that they hope game survives that long

New dragonriding mount customizations and new Ebyssian model.

4 Likes