10.2 - Guardians of the Dream

From the teaser we know:

• New zone
  • New raid
  • New legendary

Meanwhile the patch content preview will be tomorrow morning (10am PDT).

8 Likes

The teaser is…kinda underwhelming. The roadmap said 10.3 will have “new open world challenges/content and features”.

The roadmap feels more exciting then this teaser.

3 Likes

Hoping for a Druid Legendary Weapon!

4 Likes

I can’t wait to see Malfurian and other Characters in the Dream.

2 Likes

That’s what the major guess even in article thinks. Since I think druids are the only class that doesn’t have legendary tied to just them yet

If we’re not including the class-specific Legion-daries, then lots of classes don’t have a unique Legendary just for them. In fact, I think only three of them have one:

• Rogues got daggers in Cata
  • Hunters got a bow in SL
  • Evokers got a fist weapon from Aberrus

All other Legendaries can be used by multiple classes.

2 Likes

Hunters got two legendary bows, if you count the one that drops from Kil’jaedan in the Sunwell raid. But it being a druid centric patch, it makes sense for it to be a druid legendary

4 Likes

I didn’t count Thori’dal because, technically, it isn’t restricted to just Hunters. Warriors and Rogues could equip it as well, even if it was designed for Hunters. Where as Rae’shalare is restricted to Hunter-only.

I think Green dragons (And thus, healing Evokers) are as much a part of this patch as Druids are, so my guess would be that the Legendary would be a generalized healing staff rather than something actually Druid-specific.

9 Likes

I wonder if the the legendary will be related to Seschenal, Eonar’s staff, which was just made official lore through the paracausal fragment in the time rifts.

6 Likes

If it’s indeed a Druid Legendary how would it work? We have 4 specs with different stats and gameplay. Will it have both Intellect and Agility stats depending on your spec? or will they just choose one spec to be the winner in the Legendary lotery?

The New Zone will most likely have Shadowflame Forests ruled by the Druids of the Flame.

I’ve always wanted a Zone with Glowing Orange Trees made of Fire. I also wanted a Zone filled with bulbous Fire Fungus Fruiting Bodies resembling the more ordinary bulbous Fungus of the Spawning Glen of Zangarmarsh: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpedia/images/b/b3/The_Spawning_Glen.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20200323212943

Basically I wanted something akin to the Regions of Guild Wars 1 & 2 with each Region being centered around a specific theme.

I had ideas for Fire Zones for this Fire Region:

1. Burning Forest
  2. Burning Fields(think Westfall but almost completely on fire)
  3. Burning City(filled with Burning Skyscrapers)
  4. Burning Refuse Dump
  5. Burning Oil Fields(the oil wells are pools of black oil shooting out oil well fires)
  6. Burning Tar Bog(contains burning trees and instead of water there is tar)
  7. Blue Flame Domain(contains volcanoes erupting sulfur burning blue instead of lava)
  8. Burning Lake Town(a burning wooden town on half of a golden burning oil lake)
  9. The Great Burning Oil Rig(a huge oil rig on the other half of the golden burning oil lake)
  10. The Burning Maelstrom(the center of the golden burning oil lake with the Citadel of Flames suspended over it)
  11. The Burning Desert
  12. The Burning Skies
  13. Fire Forest(Forest with Glowing Trees made of Fire)
  14. Fire Spiderweb Den
  15. Fire Crystal Caverns
  16. Fire Fungus Swamp

Now the Lava Zones:

1. Magma Deserts
  2. Volcano Chain
  3. Lava Rivers
  4. Black Lava Volcanoes
  5. Lava Lake
  6. Magma fields
  7. Molten Body of Unspeakable Eldritch Horror
  8. Ashen Mountains
  9. Lavalands Palaces
  10. Lava Orb Plains
  11. Magma Grasslands
  12. Lava Swamp
  13. Lava Springs
  14. The Molten Iron Grounds
  15. The Molten Iron Mines
1 Like

Some new druid forms would be neat. Perhaps some flame themed ones? An HD Flamecat form be pretty awesome, Perhaps a phoenix themed flight form?

1 Like

Somehow I doubt it and Blizzard will probably be spending their time making art assets for all non-druid races first so they can all become druids.

I think an int staff that doubles as an agi staff would be cool. Monks, feral, guardian, surv hunters should get some love in the legendary department.

3 Likes

They will likely need them for the druids of the flame anyways, us getting them as forms would just be a perk.

Maybe. I am actually curious to see which creatures get new models or if Blizzard will just reuse some of the old art assets.

1 Like

Is the video supposed to be out today? It says it should be up now but I can’t find it anywhere

More cringe

funny that its a druid zone, and the legendary is for warriors, death knights, and paladins

7 Likes