10.2 - Guardians of the Dream

feels like they should of just made a Fae Drake total replacement option for the Highland drake… These do not really look like a Fae Drake proper.

Ebyssian’s glowup looks amazing, however. 10/10.

4 Likes

They don’t call it a Fey Drake they call it a Whimsydrake and merely a relative of the Faerie Dragons.

3 Likes

I’m doubtful, but I hope we be given a sliver of advancement for Ashamane, Hir’eek, Shadra, and Vol’jin in this patch who were all taken into the Winter Queen’s care.

3 Likes

The Whimsydrake’s face reminds me of the Goombas from the live action Super Mario Bros. movie.

2 Likes

I’m hoping someone sticks it to Shadowlands ‘lore’ and we see our boi Ursoc again. :grin:

Ursoc:

“The wild gods and loa of this world are connected to the Dream. It’ll take longer for my return here, as Ardenweald was just a shortcut to the revival process – but the result is all the same …”

2 Likes

Now I cannot unsee that. Thanks.

2 Likes
  • While Ysera is able to stabilize the Eye of Ysera, she’s unable to fully utilize as it rejects her.
  • The Djaradin are attacking to seize the Eye of Ysera.
  • We deliberately weaken the shield around the Eye to make the Djaradin believe it’s a safer to claim and then kill them.
  • Ysera makes it clear that Merithra must take her place and commune with the Eye.

Were all the people who got deleted in undeleted?

Pretty sure Ursoc got crushed up into anima and snorted by the Winter Queen. If the Winterpelt Furbolg questline is any indication, I think he’s perma-gone. Which is sad as heck.

I am loving his glow up. :face_holding_back_tears:

4 Likes

The Winterpelt questline was just rubbing salt in the wound, yeah.

Extra annoying, because the quest designer who made Val’sharah had said that the Queen’s Conservatory would have brought Ursoc back, but she stopped working for Blizzard before Shadowlands was finished being developed.

Still hoping that Malfurion can restore Ursoc while he’s napping in Ardenweald somehow. Malfurion has a lot of anima, after all.

4 Likes

I’m more concerned with any kind of Horde-related story thread or characters being present in 10.2, which is looking slim to none.

From what people were saying earlier in the thread, the Forsaken have a presence with Voss, Delaryn Summermoon, and the other undead night elves. Not sure if any others are included… I also wouldn’t be surprised if there was a tauren presence with Hamuul leading them.

Hammul and Zen’tabra are there as well as Zen’kiki.

4 Likes

Fyrakk claiming Amirdrassil is framed as a potentially world ending catastrophe, and the major horde representatives are nowhere to be seen. That is a problem.

That is because it isn’t a horde alliance thing. Tyrande isn’t there as a member of the Alliance. She is there as the leader of the Kaldorei defending what will become a sanctuary for her people.

1 Like

The threat of a catastrophe affecting the entire world is obviously more than just horde-alliance thing, which is all the more reason involvement from both sides should be present.

The problem is, currently, one side is more present in this patch than the other.

3 Likes

:face_with_diagonal_mouth: Yeah, because they made a trade off – Giving away something full of potential, loved, imaginative and filled with lots of lore → For something unimaginative, lazy & dull - In Shadowlands. :unamused:

So if they could be like:

• “Yo actually if you die in the Shadowlands, you actually reincarnate without memory if a pleb, or with memory as a mortal if you were a god.”

I’d actually be a whole lot more content & pretty accepting of that — Especially since you could have mortals ‘Rise up’ back to their former glory stories, and get some new villains as well as heroes back into the fold that way.

Like imagine the players being tricked by a former-god mortal to rise back up to their former power then find out upon achieving such feats that they were a blood god and then smirk & peace out for later? I’d be a tad livid but excited as heck for the future content they could unleash. :star_struck:

Personally hoping we see a wise Furbolg give us a questline to make sense of visions that they are having – Then find out they’re memories and he’s Ursoc reincarnated as a mortal, and then help him reunite with his brother Ursol. :heart:

2 Likes

Just head cannon that. That’s what I do for half this goofy game anyway. Who’s gonna stop you? Ion?

1 Like

I wouldn’t hold it pass them to try, lol
I mean heck - BFA & ever moreso — Shadowlands did that with a whole handful of players with various stories, lore and RP settings.

Hardly surprising to why most of the lore-content creators quit the game, alongside many popular roleplayers in the community. :pensive:

The scenario of –

Would at least mend a lot of other various stories of characters, other than just building up future stories too.

It’d also give Arthas & Garrosh fans some semblance of hope & continuation / redemption even, and could push the game to greater heights in gameplay through the story content the concept could lead towards.

1 Like

Here’s a the new mounts coming with the patch.

6 Likes