10.2 - Guardians of the Dream

This works when the fantasy of the race since Wc3 doesn’t have massive, intrinsic elements about the land they live in. To the point where they’ll kamikaze their souls in death to protect it.

Interesting than most of their depictions in WoW itself. Their core concept in older lore and their presentations in other places that actually lean at all into making them feel like more than big, somewhat smart animals has always been pretty good.

WoWs problem with Wild God depiction’s can be summarized by Ursoc. One of the first wild gods really shown in expanded lore after Cenarius, established to have personality traits with endearing qualities but also represented inspiring and multi-faceted ideals and had dual symbolism as raw strength to his brothers wisdom, the union of which defined the Druidic concept of True Strength. All that Ursoc is in WoW, is a big bear who dies a bunch and looks pretty in a cinematic where he gets deleted from existence, where the sole emotional reaction it garners is “omg bear look sad, now im sad” because our ape brains see sad animal and react on a basic level. No depth.

8 Likes

Smallioz, I’m waiting.

I’m waiting for my hug Smallioz.

The war is over, and we are friends now.

4 Likes

I have to wear protection before hugging any stinky undead

1 Like

You can use a c*ndom, it’ll fit right over you.

1 Like

How am I supposed to hug my new evil war criminal bestfriend without my cute little knobby arms?

Patch launches 11/7/23

4 Likes

Season 3 starts the next week on Nov 14th.

2 Likes

Has anyone spotted any August Celestial in the PTR?

I haven’t seen them mentioned or reported about. Were they supposed to show up or something?

No, mostly it is the standard Kaldorei-Hyjal specific wild gods who show up directly to defend Amirdrassil. Which I guess slightly makes up for them being AWOL during the War of Thorns.

Well, not really, I was just wondering since the dream is where all wild gods come from, just wishful thinking the august celestials would have something to do with it, since everything related to monks is in a limbo.

2 Likes

WoW-Entwickler verraten uns: Der neue Patch legt Wert darauf, dass auch Solo-Spieler viel zu tun haben (mein-mmo.de)

Couple of very, very, very interesting interviews that are new and/or flew under the radar.

1 Like

I think it would be a missed opportunity that the Horde is not included as part of the Fyraak’s forces. Like apparitions from War of Thorns conjured by either the defenders own subconscious or by the druids of the flame. So protecting this world tree has a catharsis of succeeding where there was failure before.

This is Dazaralor is mean’t to be vengeance for Teldrassil BFA interview all over again.

I do not think even an indirect villain batting of the horde would be wise. Lets not drag Horde players through the mud over things they had no power over to begin with.

This was interesting in that its the first time I think Ive ever seen them give a somewhat detailed breakdown of their development process. It is sorta fascinating that no one team actually hold the reins at the start, its sort of a communal group think project.

The story drags us through the mud all the time. Players from both sides but its not about the players. The Horde is a big piece of this puzzle, and them not being included in this takes away from it.

Its weird how they are being completely omitted from this scenario at every level. Lilian is now Shandris’ therapist, its crazy.

I do believe that the Horde not being present in the Emerald Dream is expected as they have done nothing but destroy and damage as much of nature as possible in every oportunity they’ve had.

What I do believe should happen is that some members of the Horde could act as a bridge between their faction and the Emerald Dream.

We should have more focus on people like Hammul, Zen’tabra, Zen’kiki whom would be the perfect representatives of the “good side” of the Horde. You can even throw in there Blood Elves Farstriders like Halduron Brightwing.

Bringing in races like Orcs and Undead whos hands are still dirty with blood and ash would be an insult to their victims.

3 Likes

Another huge one.

It says this.

1. buffed : Worgen and night elves have disappeared from Stormwind on the PTR. Will they live in the Emerald Dream from now on? Katherine Bankson: It’s potentially one of the new havens for the night elves, but I wouldn’t say it’s their only home. It’s certainly a place they can call home, but it’s not the only place. The night elves have experienced a number of tragedies over the past 10,000 years and have often had to look for a new home. They hope that they will find peace in their dreams and will not have to search for a new home again. For us, Amirdrassil is a place where you can rest until you find something new.

I think they might have gotten the feedback and it’s just too late to hard stop.

2 Likes

My problem is this:

Letting Tyrande have her moment and really explore all of the pain that she’s dealt with and the pain that the night elves, in general, have dealt with… It’s part of some of the best part of the job is being able to show that and really explore that in-depth,
Spreitzer added

At the hands of who Mr. Spreitzer? Why are we not mentioning them? Who did this? Who caused this? New tree or not we are not addressing the biggest issue.

6 Likes

I personally find it a bit weird that we see the forsaken having the largest role, while there’s a whole tauren tribe living right next door in the plains, with both Baine and Mayla on the isles too. The tauren who have a history of druidism and caring for nature are not taking part and aiding in the emerald dream patch with the portal right there in the same zone.
Not to mention the centaurs who have a bond with the green dragons.

All while Malfurion the strongest mortal that protected the dream for 10k years sleeps in Ardenweald, so Ysera can return. Ysera literally told Merithra that they didn’t need her, and she had acknowledged before that Malfurion was stronger than her. And so far on the ptr we’ve not really seen her do anything. What was the point of trading her for Malfurion again?

The story has so many of these issues.

12 Likes

I dont have a single horde character, and even then I have to say. For an entire expansion focused so much about the elements, there is a severe lack of shamans on the good guys side, and shamans are a horde dominated class in general. But now this patch seems to remove the focus from the primalists to the druids of the flame, So with emerald dream, amirdrassil and other stuff in the way, i dont think it is understated that this is a very night elf centric patch.

You can also see in the Key art, the only character in there that isnt a dragon is Tyrande.

3 Likes