10.2 - Guardians of the Dream

Tam and Koya Windtotem, Ironhoof, Nawa, Baine, and Mayla were all datamined for 10.2. Hopefully we get some tauren representation and a continuation of their story in the Plains maybe building ties with the centaurs to protect the Dream and the loas and spirits.

4 Likes

Would love a druid-exclusive mount this patch, given in Legion the order-hall ‘Mount’ was just a different flight form variation that made many feel cheated.

However these mounts are all pretty cool; keen for the content. :slight_smile:

Would love some more Wild God & Loa lore. :grin:

Actually it’d be neat if the Dream ‘opening’ allowed various Wild Gods & Loa that were lost in the Dream (potentially due to the nightmare & the nature of the dream itself) were able to come back to Azeroth and introduce a whole lot more – Both friendly and 
 not so friendly :smiling_imp: such as blood gods (But allied with us against the common foe – For now)

A little late to this, but I am a bit disappointed that Sabellian isnt the one we go to Outland with. Really feeling like a missed opportunity

4 Likes

It really is.

• The raid features two distinct types of bosses: Defenders of the Dream will test players, while Fyrakk’s Druids of the Flame seek to destroy them.
  • There will be a lot of cameos for various characters in story content that isn’t tied directly to the campaign, including the Tyr saga, which will have its big, epic conclusion.
  • Patch 10.2 is not the end of Dragonflight, but an awesome turning point in the sotry, with lots of cool activities and stories ahead, though no word on what that might encompass or entail.
10 Likes

Nah they don’t matter. Maybe in next expansion. Although Vol’Jin has a chance to get cameo in Darkspear heritage. But Honestly? I wouldn’t count on that.
Heck there isn’t even Gonk in here to justify presence of Troll druid NPCs.

Trolls only exist to be loot piñatas. Even when we finally got an entire, functioning troll empire that wasn’t already in ruins when we arrive
 we raided it anyway for phat lootz. Their Loa only exist to show how much better the Ancients are because “luls Trolls are dumb savages”. I’m really not expecting much from Blizzard to show the Loa any modicum of decent storytelling.

1 Like

To be fair I wouldn’t say that Ancients are better than Loas. Bwonsamdi was hands down the best death God out of them all, he displayed the biggest care and was actually saving Trolls from the Maw and keeping them safe. Compare it to Elune, if I was nelf and saw it all I would get serious crisis of faith and would dump her forever. Every other god turned out to be a joke compared to Bwonsamdi, although I am willing to bet that it came out completely unintentionally.

And Loas actually help their followers, Ancients didn’t bother to asist nelves when they were attacked by the Horde. Meanwhile you saw multiple instances of Loas assisting their followers. So I see even less reason to follow Anceints. Heck Lo’gosh was more upset about Varian dying than any elf ever. I looked at this Wild god all sobbing and pitiful and I thought “wow this guy is pathetic”.

But I agree that trolls are always treated as an afterthought, it is clear that devs would rather focus on humans and elves or literally anything else.

And when it comes to Zandalar, I was hoping for Pandaria 2.0 where we devote all the screentime to explore their culture. What instead we got was Titan facility right in the center of their land, azzpull blood trolls nobody ever heard about. Some weird Sethrak snakes which cause even more questions than provide answers. It felt like Zandalar wanted to focus on anything BUT Zandalari.

I so much wanted to see Academy for all chroniclers and scholars that record their history, and for them to have copies on paper but always making stone tablets to make sure that these won’t be destroyed. Kinda like Rio Poneglyph in One Piece, now THAT would be amazing. And would fit their culture.

Zanza the restless first ever introduced Loa of Zandalar, completely skipped, and I was hoping to see him as I have a huge snetiment toward him since Zul’Gurub raid.

Heck Zul could’ve been used to change narrative toward trolls finally, but nah let’s make out of him blood slug worshipper, don’t ever bring up the situation that trolls are in, - and it’s not in a good place.

AND on top of that Kill off Rezan AND Rastakhan. Because we just can’t keep prominent troll leaders to last. We can’t. Let’s replace him with his much wiser and much more active daughter, who becomes irrelevant after the expansion is over. Which makes this change even more egregious. I’d so much rather see Rastakhan get redemption story, than what’ve got.

I could go on and on. But yea it’s obvious that in this patch Trolls aren’t meant to be revelant, and I actually would be fine with it IF they wouldn’t put any Troll NPC in this expansion. Both Darkspear and Zandalari, becuase both Zandalari and Darkspears were against Peace treaty. If they’d be sour about it, why would they go rush and help nelves out of all the people? They had perfect in-universe explanation why would they not be involved.

However what surprised me the most is that Worgen aren’t there either - or I didn’t see them on the screenshots. They are very close with nelves. But then again Worgen are the afterthought race in the Alliance. So I guess it fits.

6 Likes

I guess what I meant by “Ancients are better than Loa” was in the way Blizzard portrays them.

Most of the time, what kills a Loa? Betrayal. Their own Troll worshippers thirsting for more power.

What usually kills an Ancient? Demons. Old Gods. Elemental Lords. Ya know, some epic and powerful being that is equal to or more powerful than the Ancient.

Even Rezan, the great and mighty Loa of Kings
 dies because Zuul betrays Zandalar. It wasn’t even G’huun that does it
 just a Troll hopped up on blood magic.

EDIT: Bwomsamdi was sort of an outlier that even Blizzard admitted they had planned on making a villain until they saw how much people liked him.

I guess it depends on how you look it at. The only thing that would put Loa down would be their own worshippers.

But at the same time, Zandalari - a priest society would never raise a hand against Loa, becuase what would that make out of them?

I might not remember it well, but I think Ghuun was involved in Rezan’s downfall. That blood magic had to be something else if it put the Mightiest down, but I agree it shouldn’t put him down if he was the strongest. At worst it would weaken him/ lock him down/ and knock him unconcious. But to kill?

1 Like

Wait
really?!

1 Like

Yeah. He was supposed to die in shadowlands originally. But blizz changed their minds because people loved the character so much

Yeah, I can’t remember which interview it was, but Bwom was suppose to be the end boss of Da Other Side dungeon. However, when they saw how much the playerbase liked him and the performance of the actor, they changed it last minute to be Mueh’zala. That’s why the cutscene of him making a deal with Rastakahn seems so sinister and then it’s like he does a 180 in Shadowlands.

5 Likes

Damn, I didn’t realize that and I’m glad they didn’t go through with it. Bwonsamdi is one of the best characters to come out of BfA. I still get super tickled whenever I die in Zandalar on a different class and he has something unique to say about it!

8 Likes

One of my favorite lines when you die is when he says Looks like ya got in ova yer head again and then laughs about it.

His voice actor is amazing and really bought the character to life

5 Likes

If Bwon would be down, then both Zandalari and Darkspears would be ooked. Bwonsamdi was their patron for years and helped reclaim their islands. Imagine losing your patron to villain bat. But to think we were this close :ok_hand: (there is no better emojiignore those fingers that are up). It’s just
 really hard to describe.

Death of Vol’Jin didn’t teach them anything.

I also laughed out loud when certain dragon died based on his visage form in DF. Old habits die hard, eh Blizzard? You’re so predictable it’s laughable. Especially now.

Not to mention that Mueh’zala was being set up as a major antagonist for the third Traveler novel but never showed up.

2 Likes

Alot of it is information that was mentioned in other interviews and what not but more detail is given with Vyranoth and Wrathion seeking out the Storm and Nether dragons.
To quote:
"One storyline in 10.2 involves Vyranoth and Wrathion “forming a kinship with one another, this feel of they are almost misfit dragons, you know they don’t necessarily fit in, so they form this really nice bond with each other” as they reach out to new allies in the Thorignir Storm Dragons of Stormheim and the Netherwing of Outland - two groups who also remain apart from the primary dragon flights.”

7 Likes

Yes! Storm Dragons are my favorite and was hoping to see a return of the Thorignir this expansion.

3 Likes

Dreadlord armor set data-mined. Though it’s unclear if it will actually be in the patch itself or a future one.

2 Likes