Burning Crusade Classic Arena Match Making System

Over the first few days of ranked Arena play in Burning Crusade Classic, we’ve seen some feedback and inquiries from players that we’d like to answer with a brief explainer.

There are multiple PvP performance ratings used by the game. Every Arena team has a team rating that starts at 0 and increases as the team plays Arena matches together. Additionally, each player who is on a team has a personal rating that is calculated based on the results of the Arena matches they’ve played as a part of their team. If a player leaves a team, their personal rating associated with that team will be reset. If a player joins a team that has already played matches, the player will join with up to 1000 rating points of the team’s current team rating. These values are displayed in the PvP frame, and they are used to determine end-of-season awards and weekly points.

To keep players matching against opponents of similar skill, the game also calculates a matchmaking rating (MMR) for each character. After each match concludes, your MMR is updated to better reflect your skill level, and your team rating and personal rating are updated depending on the match result and the matchmaking calculations. This MMR follows your character from team to team, so when a player leaves a team and joins a new team, they will immediately face similarly skilled opponents, even if that new team starts at a team rating of 0.

Ultimately, the more games you play as part of the same team, the closer your personal rating will get to your MMR.

I haven’t seen a single post asking about MMR issues, but alright.

Where’s the honor grind blue post? Please?

26 Likes

Let me guess, like OW did, it will average the teams MMR?

Your questions are dumb and make no sense. Why would Blizzard answer a question about Merc Mode or other features that don’t exist in TBC when they basically answered that years ago when they stated their intentions on involvement with Classic to begin with?

6 Likes

This benefits high end paid carries in a way.

1. Paid carry joins established glad 5s team.
  2. Gets carried.
  3. Kicked off team.
  4. Goes to new team but queues at ridic MMR from being carried.
  5. Original glad team profits from more scrubs at the high end to farm.
1 Like

You’d be a lot more credible if you didn’t post on a vulpera, and instead from your TBC main.

It’s cute tho

1 Like

Thx for addressing something I’ve never even knew was an concern by anyone.

coMuNiCaTiOn

8 Likes

Thanks for the communication Blizzard, always appreciated.

Thanks for you continued hard work on TBC classic!

1 Like

Imagine thinking which toon you post on lends credibility to a statement about which threads you’ve read on the forums.

5 Likes

No…

Stares at Fox like creature…

And where’s the Group Finder interface blue post?

Really weird that issues nobody was talking about get a blue post, but things that people have been asking about for months get continued radio silence.

4 Likes

We need Andycloud to make a topic about honor gains & faction change.

1 Like

umm sorry I only listen to male gnomes

I bet.

1 Like

dont hate because alliance lacks such beauty

oh wait let me swap char before someone throws a hissy fit

1 Like

Hi im blizzard

I fixed something else that was irrelevant

But you are still on servers that have the opposite faction 15 to 1 odds on every square inch of the map

Or

The opposite faction with 1 hour queues for BG.

Im glad to assist you today.

And here we have Blizzard in it’s natural habitat, by addressing things no one cares for the PvP realm.
Meanwhile, Horde tears overflowing have created flooding in UC, more at 11.

Welp, there you have it, kiddo’s. Reroll Alliance or buy a boost.
The choice is yours lmao.

3 Likes

The game was good for a whole 2 weeks blizzard
Then you removed the layers
Good job.
Now the only sustainable away to increase reven…

Wait its pay to win… guess the only way is to buy gold at this point.

I see what you’re setting up blizzard.

Big think yo.

Big think.