10.0 Most Wanted Features!?

So it seems like 10.0 is being worked on right now so now is the time for input! Please put what you want to see in the next expansion so the devs know what we would like to see in game! Either for this next expansion or onward!

Here are some of mine.

• New Races - Murlocs, Naga, Mogu, Jinyu, Hozen, Ethereal, Centaur, Kyrian, Venthyr, Sethrakk and many more! Would love to play. Eredar for horde would be nice.

• A system where you can change race anytime you want ingame would be nice. Perhaps add a product that lets you buy a race any of your characters can switch to anytime they want if you really need the financial incentive. It would make rewards such as customization more valuable if many players can switch races more frequently since gameplay for alts is not fun.

• New Classes -Bard/Tinker/Bloodmage/ Weaponmaster a spec that uses a bunch of different weapons, like Noctis from ff15 / Gunmage/

• Mixing of allied races to similar races on the same faction with a new system of Identity tags. This would lead to mixing racials to allowing you to pick them much like the Zandalari trolls do in one slot, but you would pick the racials like a little talent system at there home bases. Another layer of customization would also come here because you will be able to pick voiceline packs.

• So I would like to see the orc options mixed, there classes mixed. And allow you to identify more with more clans. So instead of Mag’ar orc you can specify the clan from Draenor. This way we can use for example blackrock warlocks like we see in the Dark horde.
  • Removal of Race/class Restrictions for all races. It would be nice to just make our own stories for our characters, they don’t have to make much lore sense or little lore sense. This could be activated in a certain server types with no lore restrictions or like a toggle like warmode where we can be way more lenient in this game mode. Perhaps this toggle lets us switch races whenever we want through the barbershop. Disabling this mode returns us to the normal game and race we chose. We need a mode that isn’t tied so much to the story to just have fun.

• Cross Faction Gameplay, - Allow us to group with each other, pvp with each other, mix both races in pvp so no one complains in the pvp queues one faction has dominance. We can still make this work with asymmetrical maps. Players will play both sides of the map and share strategies. Something like overwatch pvp. It would be cool if we do achieve peace in the game to use both factions mounts as well.

• Allow us to transmog different armor types. The cosmetic gear already accomplishes this. It ruins your “silhouettes”. Please remove the armor type restriction, allow us to learn any transmog we loot on any class. And if you need these class silhouettes for competitive stuff apply a dresscode to those things for pvp if they are important there.

• Wing mounts - Would be nice to get mount spells of us flying with our covenant wings, or add new magical flying wings as a mount.

• Please but timewalking up every week. This is a nice acvity, this game has plenty of dungeons, it is a shame we can only queue for current expansion dungeons. And only have timewalking once or twice a month. If it happened every week it would be nice for people that want to do that. We will reach our 10th expansion. Each new expansion effectively removes dungeon content, so this would be nice. Perhaps adding old raids to an lfr queue would be nice for some people as well.

• Player housing System- perhaps not a house persay, it would be nice to design our own miniworld island such as Animal Crossing. With all the divine gods, it would be nice if they maybe allowed us a pocket dimension for our own to shape as we see fit. This would tie new profession items to this place. Allow us to pick the type of buildings architecture, skybox. Perhaps I want my mini dimension to look much like Bastion. Or maybe I want it to look like Undercity on my forsaken. This would be a nice place for trophies and personal accomplishments. Bulidings related to stuff you do such as professions. Taking inspiration from garrisons on some stuff like having a fishing well from fish all over your traveled universes. This pocket dimension could also be linked to stuff outside the game for cosmetics not from WoW. Just a fun place to invest your time. It doesn’t have to be canon stuff.

Scaled ilvl pvp queues. Please add a queue in which anyone can join and have there stuff scaled. I have no interest in doing arenas for a gear advantage, I can not compete with people who do Arenas. If I want to enjoy Casual pvp I must do Competitive Pvp. Please add a mode for casual players to queue without gear advantages. Games with casual pvp usually have something like this such as Destiny, the competitive modes have ivl advantages set. This is why the Aniversarry AV is fun, anyone can play it and enjoy it. This hasn’t been the case in pvp since Legion, even then you still had to grind ilvl to get improved stats. Let us enjoy a scaled pvp casual bg queus where it isn’t feast or famine on the players. Players who are not interested in this type of pvp mode will have the regular queue available to them. You do not need everyone in the same queue, not everyone wants to play the game the same.

• Wildhammer/ Ironforge/ Dark iron mixed options from a whole race. Meaning yes you basically mix the dwarves and allow you to pick which clan you want anytime much like a skin from other games.

• Trolls get mixed so Zandalari can look like Darkspear. If they feel like it some days. This would also let Trolls use the dinosaur options like raptor travel form or the cool dino swim form.

• Tauren would get mixed. Dranei mixed.

-Humans mixed (4 bodytypes to choose from). Kultiran F/M and Stormwind Male/Female
Humans would get many clans of voiceline packs so they can identify with other alliance clans such as Arathi, former lordaeron, Gilnean, Kultiran (with skinny jokes). Open up the skinny bodytype that people want.

• Void elves get mixed options. Allowing you to identify as Void elf or High elf.

• Nightborne through them letting the Night elf undead and the moonguard into the nightborne get some of those options and identity tags.

This system would allow us to get similar looking races for our characters as rewards eventually such as Jungle and Frost Trolls for Trolls. Frost Dwarves and Metal dwarves for dwarves. Taunka and Yaungol for Tauren.

Here are some ideas for additoins to each race.

• Orc -Dragonmaw, Hellfire/demon orc, Moknath’al skins and bodytype,
  • Undead - Lordaeron Human look, Lightforged Calia look, Vrykul Bodytypes, Pure Skeleton look Like Maldraxxi, Lepergnome Bodytype (since some serve the forsaken)
  • Tauren - Yaungol, Taunka, Grimtotem, Progenitor Tauren
  • Trolls - Frost Trolls, Jungle Trolls, Bulky bodtypes.
  • Blood Elves - Tattoos, Fel Elves, Felbood, Darkranger, San’layn, Light Tattoos, Illadari looks baseline for all classes.
  • Gobline - Kelfin stuff, Ideas for something like more elemental like skins like Fire- Hellgoblins/imp sort of look, a Lightning based one with Lighting Eyes, some mechanical enhancements, Maybe like a swamp kelfin sort of look as well.
  • Nightborne - Felborne, Moonguard night elves, they welcome in some of the undead night elves that chose to stay in the forsaken and offer an identity tag option for night elves on horde.
  • Vulpera- Vulpine fur colors. Probably would need another new race similar or related to them, which maybe they could be nomads on the other side of the world.
  • Pandaren - Furlborg bodytype, More fur colors such as artificial colors. Different bear race fur colors besides pandas. Maybe add a neutral race category for them to share barbershop space with other neutral races in the future.
  • Humans - Stormforged (titan construct) skins, more bodytypes, mainly voice packs of different clans and customizaiton based on different clans. Merging kul tirans and stormwind humans is a start. Eventually have 6 bodytypes to choose from.
  • Dwarves - As mentioned above Frost Dwarves, Metal Dwarves, Earthen trolls
  • Night Elves- Highborne stuff and identity, Illadari night elves. Maybe open up a Satyr questline. Nightwarrior tattoos, Undead night elf options (some chose to go back to the alliance, some stayed on horde)
  • Gnomes - mixing of mechagnomes. New full robot option look, the mechagnomes we wanted to begin with. Sandgnome options (new look for sandgnomes), Lepergnome skins shared with forsaken lepergnomes.
  • Dranei - Mixed lightforged. Broken bodytypes. Rangari options (customization based on Draenor living)
  • Worgen- Tail options, Night Elf worgen options (able to use night elf form instead of human form), Perhaps more were creatures.

Edit: Forgot to put class skins!

Class skins are like green fire but for other classes/specs. I would love if we got this as an ongoing feature. Greenfire right now is only for destro warlocks, it would be nice for a customization system like this to be put in the game and as a way to legitimize some race/class comboes and add to what options we have to represent our characters!

Original thread on reddit.

15 Likes

If there was to be a housing system I think it should be like the one that was in Wildstar, with our own instance thats fully customizable with placement of objects and perhaps could use furniture types themed after different expansions

5 Likes

Brief storyline? The heroes who successfully defeated the Jailer along with the former Forsaken leader Sylvanas Windrunner. Finally leave the Shadowlands, with the Arbiter’s help. Upon returning to Azeroth and going back to their respective home lands. Everyone from both Factions are shocked to find things have changed.
(Honestly I’d take anything over a Void & Light based expansion/plot.)

• A New Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, having progressed decades. Multiple zones having finally fixed the damage from the Cataclysm and uncovered new enemies.

New Capitals:

• New Lordaeon, the re-built stronghold of the third neutral faction of the Forsaken.

• Nordrassil, after losing Teldrassil Shandris Feathermoon took over as leader while Tyrande was away and made a new home for the Night Elves in the world tree in Mount Hyjal.

• New Class: Tinkerer

~A mixture of play-styles of Shaman, Monk & Hunter involving mini mechanical turrets. Can be all three roles, Tank, DPS & Healer.

Primary Weapon: Gun or Crossbow (Not Bows)
Armor Type: Mail

New Races & Faction:

• Forsaken Officially the Third Faction, neutral. After losing their leader and finding one in Calia menethil, guided by Lillian Voss. Forsaken left the Horde and became neutral among both factions. No longer part-taking in their wars or conflicts, the Forsaken were solely for themselves now.
  • New Horde Race: Ogres, with Thrall & Baine gone the horde had to find new strength. And they found that in [INSERT OGRE CLAN NAME HERE]
  • New Alliance Race: Sethrak. (Doesn’t a whole lot of sense, but I can’t think of another race right now for the Alliance. Sorry :sweat_smile: )
  • Player Homes and Guild Halls

• Overhauled Professions

• Integrated System, akin to the systems in Legion, BFA and Shadowlands. With WQ’s on all four continents on Azeroth, progression like Renown, but without the drawbacks of borrowed power. Because this system is permanent. (No more borrowed power or adding new system just to ditch it an expansion later)

TLDR; another world overhaul but instead of destroying things progressed and allowing some new life to be breathed back into this game. Change ups of core systems that we’ve had for years, improvements across the board.

3 Likes

How about free flying on 9.2 release instead?

No time gates or rep grinds attached.

2 Likes

A lot of these ideas are terrible.

Look, if you want a game that’s more about customizing your character and house, Animal Crossing is right there.

4 Likes

No; No; No; No; Maybe; Yes; No; No; Sanlayn over Venthyr; no and the rest are probably no. Because that requires work, something Blizzard has been very lazy with as of late.

This doesnt need a system, you either buy it with money or WoW Tokens, though a free race change once per expac would be nice.

No; Yes; Mages would just get a 4th spec; and Warriors are weaponmasters.

Again, this requires work, something Blizzard isnt doing.

This was done but poorly executed, if we just had a sandbox house and put our cool armor sets on it and stuff, great im all for it, but we dont need another WoD repeat. Keep that crap out.

*be able to play balance without chicken or astral
*shadow priest without having to be in shadow form
*4th specs
*guild halls
*crafting pre raid bis with a “have to work for” ingrediant possible only comes from mythic+10 or higher
*more classic races model updates (better looking night elves and upright undead, etc.)
*mount racing
*trial by style all year long
*3 new classes
*zone transmog sets rewarded for quest/story completion achievements

1 Like

I’m going to say no to player housing.

How would we display our trophies?

We already have an achievement system.

We don’t need a place to hang out cool armor, since we can mog it.

It’s just too many resources being wasted for such a small and finite thing.

Like a million players are proud they downed Infinity Dragon. A million players get a scale to put in their house.

A million players will have the excruciating pain of determining if they want to put the scale on shelf A or shelf B.

Much customization. I can’t control myself.

You are free to criticize my ideas, but telling me to play another game when I would love to improve this one is iffy. You can also tell me your ideas so we can criticize those as well.

I mean other games and systems have done it. Such as the mii system. Garrison’s did this to a degree so those types of assets exist. If you see how Garrisons were envisioned in the blizzcon it was presented it was supposed to be way better. You could have put the garrison in any zone you wanted, and customize it, it was made far worse by release. As a collector a player housing system sounds really good to me. WoW already has a nice gameplay system and it can afford to have some allocation to other types of players.

Would be nice to get like Avatar like forms so basically it’s caster form with like a ghost moonkin over your body or something when casting so other players can tell you are in moonkin form. Then again when you are in a disguise it doesn’t even do that.

I would also like fourth specs, I just can’t think of many. Maybe a system where we can learn more specs then 3 from other classes would be nice. It feels sort of weird on demonhunters only having 2 for example and 4 on a druid. It would also mean less characters to play since you can do more on your main.

1 Like

Um i can think of 1 trillion 4th specs

Love class skins +1 for support

3 Likes

And they ask why the game is becoming senseless and without any of its former epicness.

To a forum full of diminishing returns talk, people really cant grasp the idea of diminishing returns if it is about what each one want.

More playable races, more classes, everything just dilutes what the existent ones are, those already being poorly executed.

What really new classes might add the wont be taken from others ?

It is like the game turning into a TikTok influencer version of itself.

4 Likes

I can think of some.
Mage- time healing spec
Shaman- Tank spec based on earth and volcanoes
Priest - Ranged holy dps spec, with maybe a bow.
Rogue - Ninja/samrui tank spec
Demonhunter - old demo lock ranged fel spec. Maybe with chackrams
Warlock - Fel healing spec with healing demons.
Warrior - weaponmaster spec. Able to equip like 8 weapons. Get stats from one. And abilties use the weapons you have equipped for the animations.
Monk - Ranged fire/jade caster spec, that weaves close combat with ranged magic. Return of jade fire blossom attack. Uses Yu’lon.
Dk- Fire based spec dps/tank
Druid - Class skin based on botanist/arcane druids
Hunter - pet tanking spec, pet shares hp pool with you. Ranged/melee tanking spec mix. LIke rexxar.
Paladin - Sort of want to see a dark naaru tank spec. Like the void class from destiny. Void shields would be nice.

Hi if you enjoy the current races good on you! I enjoy many of them, even some that aren’t playable and I would like to play. Some of these you can play through disguises. The disguise system is tied to toys which is why I think they can work that in with new races. I play all the classes, I would love to play new ones. I like the gameplay systems we have now and looking to play this game through the eyes of a new class or race can feel exciting. You are playing a combo available since Vanilla wow, so you obviously are already satisfied with your own choices. I like playing new races, learning about them and enjoying there transmog/looks/ play experience.

This is a blizzard problem, since they have had to take from others to add stuff like demonhunters. But there are other fantasies that can be explored my favorite being gunmage. Which can play basically like a new overwatch hero if they wanted to add like a Bazooka spell with magics. Ammo that summons adds like devourers. Shooting magic through gun weapons, and maybe even healing allies.

Or stuff like an alchemy healing spec, often played in final fantasy games would be a nice healing spec. Sort of like Ana from overwatch.

People dont really graps the idea that these two freaking games cater to different demographics.

Most Asian MMOs of success, and most things here in Asia from all kinds, cater to different publics because here most people are different.

If you live here, you might need to get used to length texts, instructions, protocols, and the need to understand things without having to be hand held for them.

The same way, most people are not moving to FFXIV even if they “say” it is better, it is because it is nice to say it is better, but these people like the lazy game design and the lack of detail in WoW.

A game to have many classes, many races, many professions, it needs to either occupy a small pool of knowledge with all of them, or expand with them. WoW does what it does, it is not because they cant do other way, it is because the WoW demographic wants it simple, and one line explainable.

The concept of TL;DR is not something many people really want outside its “demographic” reserved to certain kinds of content consumer. Many people like complex and knowledge demanding things, and that is not wow.

In WoW, more classes, more races, more anything will always mean less for each.

People are really mesmerized by some aspects of FFXIV, but most people talking about it here are clueless how to play it in an effective way.

Alas, in most games, from EVE online to FFXIV, one form of referring to a inept player is calling them WoW dropout.

2 Likes

Mage: blue magic
mage: force field barrier tank
Druid: Nature/forest DPS
shaman: earth tank
Shaman: Lava burst dps
shaman: Lightning storm dps
Priest: punishing sins as dps
rogue: fencing/samuri/muskateer style where 1 handed sword with 1 hand side stepping and back stepping as dodging
demon hunter: using wings as weapons
warlock: heal with summoning demons for ripping their souls out like guldan in the movie and putting it into allies
warlock: constant demon summoning as using them to tank
warrior: glad
warrior: praying to norse gods for buffs then hitting an attack with it for big dmg
dk: domination magic
dk: soul magic
dk: blood dps
monk: spirit spells/spirit bomb
hunter: pet tank
hunter: seperate bow and gun as sperate specs
paladin: plate shadow priest

That was based on design. And it’s only a problem because WoW has been trying to market itself in esports. The simpler design would be more attractive to players watching those sorts of things but even then trying to make wow and esport made issues for players. The simple design is part the wow gameplay. It’s not bad. Usually it’s easy to play hard to master sort of thing where you need to sim your stuff if you want to do the content, and the content designed around the community using sims and addons.

I am not focused on an effective way to play, more like an enjoyable fun way.

4th Hunter spec

Based on the playstyle found in Survival prior to Legion.

Removal of all faction walls.

3 Likes

More bank tabs! Bigger bags! Or just let me move in with Archivist Roh-Suir, I see more of him then I do my family.

2 Likes