10.0 hunter wishlist

Personal wishlist

• DW Survival as viable as Spear/Staff survival
  • Warglaive proficiency added to the list of hunter weapons
  • Let us respec pets again.
  • Melee/Ranged slots restored and visible melee/ranged weapons on model. Lor’themar and Vereesa get to do it when running scenarios with them. Make that ranged weapon what we use for SV ranged skills.
  • Displayable backpack quivers that don’t require sacrificing the cloak slot or permanently keeping Thas’dorah as the only aesthetically viable bow.
  • Let us transmog both mail and leather gear pretty please

Call pet off the GCD, so many times ive forgotten to call my pet only to have to just stand there during that first big pull calling my pet. Yes its not much, but its still annoying.

2 Likes

Make the gold and green Cloud serpents in Pandaria tameable.

Give Kill Shot the heal it it provided in WoD, when it successfully killed something.

Take Camo off the 1 min duration, or make the cooldown start when it’s activated. I believe it was like that in WoD.

Make DireBeast a Focus generator again.

Let us change pet Spec again. There are so many pets we can’t use because they are so fragile now.

1 Like

Can we get some better animations and sounds too? So many of the gun sound effects are terrible. Volley needs a bulletrain version, aimed shot sounds terrible, and rapid fire looks silly with a rifle.

1 Like
2 Likes

a few talents need to basic hunter stuff for all hunter specs. and make better spec specific talents.

1 Like

Oh yeah silly ones

• Dire Beast baseline for BM so I can use the glyphs without feeling I’m forced to sacrifice the second pet.
  • A Glyph of NOT THE BEES for Murder of Crows also pretty please, and buff murder so it can compete with the meta picks for all specs - I loved the trinket (was it a leg?) that made it the bis pick on its talent row in Legion
1 Like

You also started with a ranged weapon at level 1 and were meant to use that most of the time. Hunters were deliberately poorly equipped and tuned for melee combat. Even as Survival, the talent tree with a talented buff to melee damage (which was high up in the tree and taken by all Hunter PvP builds, by the way; something often ignored by people trying to label vanilla SV as melee), you would try to be at range as much as possible.

The post-Vanilla SV was a natural iteration on its SV roots. Using elemental shots i.e. exotic munitions was a good way to extend a utility/support tree into independent damage dealing. After all, both utility and exotic munitions imply resourcefulness and versatility. If you look to BC SV v.s. WotLK SV it was mostly an additive, iterative change (not entirely; a couple things were modified/removed, but mostly).

Melee SV stans like to portray it as a sudden, abrupt shift away from SV’s roots with Legion SV being a return to form but that’s revisionist history. In reality before Legion you could see Survival iteratively evolve from each expansion to the next while Legion was the abrupt shift to something out of character for the spec.

7 Likes

lol, lmao

The starting gear for hunters in vanilla was a greataxe and a ranged weapon

Belf hunters got dagger + bow in BC (I forget if they got a secondary melee and whether it was dagger or sword but they definitely had a melee slot weapon and it’s pretty damn useful in Eversong)

Yes, that’s true. Is that meant to disagree with what I said?

SV never lacked a ranged weapon before Legion.

5 Likes

SV has ranged skills so once again what are you crying about

Vanilla to BC SV was a rarely picked tree that only benefitted MM indirectly unless you went melee.

Like half of SV was just passive buffs to various damage types or trap efficiency none of which was exclusive to SV in the old system, otherwise it was a melee tree.

Hunter until Cata was literally designed like EQ and LOTRO Hunter: a primarily ranged hybrid class. That’s what 2 pure range and 1 melee w/ ranged spec are already. At this point some people have been boo hooing about SV longer than it’s ever been a ranged spec

It does not have a ranged weapon. If it’s such a good thing that it has ranged abilities and is so capable at range, why not just make it a proper ranged spec again? What’s the point of keeping it melee? To make the Rogue mains like you happy?

It’s true that it was rarely picked but not for the reasons you think.

Firstly, SV in BC had several talents that exclusively procced from ranged attacks, including the most significant talent of the entire tree and the reason raid groups wanted to bring 1 SV Hunter to the raid: Expose Weakness. So any talk about SV being partially melee/intending you to deliberately fight in melee in BC is dead on arrival.

Secondly, in Vanilla the main talent of the SV tree that gave most of its damage potential was Lightning Reflexes which increased agility by 15%. This was too far down in the tree to be reached by MM Hunters and Agility gave +2 ranged AP and +1 melee AP per point. So your ranged damage would start off better than melee and only get better as you got more gear. So you certainly weren’t melee-focused in Vanilla either.

Since you clearly don’t know anything about Vanilla/BC Hunter despite trying to pretend you do, I’ll help you out: any talk of Survival being melee focused or wanting to deliberately close the gap and fight in melee in any situation beyond 1.7 (1 year into Vanilla) is dead on arrival. The capstone talent, Wyvern Sting, was itself a ranged ability. The ONLY talent that exclusively buffed melee damage was Savage Strikes, which was high up enough in the tree it was taken by all Hunter PvP builds for situations where you got stuck in melee and needed a burst from Raptor Strike. It was just a stupid idea to ever deliberately fight in melee beyond melee-weaving weirdness which itself was highly situational and not exclusive to SV.

Before 1.7 is more interesting and more helpful to your case (it still doesn’t work the way you think it does, though), but that’s for you to find out. I’m not here to do your research for you.

Nope. That just wasn’t the case. It was first and foremost a ranged weapon user and it was deliberately designed and tuned in such a way that sticking to ranged was the best option. If you could spend 100% of your time at range you would. Even as Survival. You have a very romantic and misled vision of what Hunter was before Cataclysm.

That’s the WoW manual page from 2004. Note the emphasis on ranged combat as a distinguishing feature of the class.

4 Likes

Common weapon skills: 1h axes, daggers, guns, bows, unarmed

Hell one of the melee skills is on the sample skills list and 2/3 of the description is about pets

Bursting Shot is also a melee ability. I guess Marksmanship in SL is a melee/ranged hybrid ¯\(ツ)

3 Likes

My wishlist for every class, in every expansion, is less shared talents between specs and more talents made baseline and replaced with new options.

2 Likes

not to be replaced by tinkers if they are launched mages,boomies and locks arnt going anywhere but you can bet they will take the new over powered ranged class with a gun.

Nor after.

I want more rare pets to tame. Sucks SL has none besides the frog?

2 Likes

Visual redesign for SV would be nice. While its gameplay is nice, the visual on some skills (serpent sting, kill command) leave a lot to be desired.

My ideas:

Both bow and a melee weapon equipped, both are visible at the same time
Instead of the 2handed polearm you would use a single one handed weapon

Abilities used from range are now shots from bow

Ranged abilities used in melee get a melee attack animation

Kill command replaced with an upgraded legion flanking strike (you and your pet hit the target at the same time OR you shoot a bow and pet attacks at the same time). If you are not in range to use it, but pet is, only pet hits, if pet can’t hit, you still hit

5 Likes

You trolling or ?