10.0 hunter wishlist

no. let it die already. so tired of seeing this.

this i am fine with and support.

Yes

that and just make pets fun to use again.

eh i guess.

Honestly Id be happy if survival dropped a cluster of bombs when they died kinda like Junkrat. Give more traps to sv to use. Make aspects come back and work like stances again.

2 Likes

Honestly would be ok with this, or some kind of talent setup to hearken back to Cata-era survival (like having a “Black Arrow” talent that would replace Raptor Strike with Black Arrow and Carve with Explosive Shot. Obviously would need iteration because Marksman kind of fills that niche.)

Sure, seems cool.

I’m on the fence about this. Having pets should come with unique benefits and challenges as that differentiates Hunters from other classes, but maybe it should just be improved pet pathing to make dismissing them unnecessary? There’s a line here between the game playing itself for you and unnecessary chores of dismissing/re-summoning pets and I’m not sure where it is.

I feel like they’ve been consistently doing this for the past few expansions and I appreciate them. Lots of pet families added in Shadowlands!!

I might be wrong, but isn’t there already a pet family that has this option?

It might be disabled in PvP, I’m very inexperienced there.

As far as other things that could be added, here’s a quick list of mine:

1. Return unique pet utility for Beast Master. Even if it’s only for Beast Master, having unique pets that can snare, stun, battle rez, etc. would bring some powerful utility to a class that’s still missing a little bit from Mythic+. I am always for adding more utility to classes in Mythic+, and don’t get me wrong, there are certainly classes that need it more than Hunters, but with having Binding Shot being a talent, it would give Beast Mastery a better niche over the other two Hunter specializations!
  2. Please revisit some of the talents for Survival and Marksman. Their talent trees have lots of talents that could be awesome playstyles (Calling the Shots, Butchery, etc.) and they go completely un-used in Mythic+ and Raid because they’re crowded out by other talents that are just numerically better or feel better to play. Using the Marksman talent row of Lethal Shots, Dead Eye, and Double Tap as an example, Double Tap is numerically Superior to the other two talents in every PvE scenario and also feels better to play. The on-pull combination of all other cooldowns and this is huge damage! But if your Mythic+ needed more consistent DPS because you had 2 other burst specializations (Fury Warrior and Retribution Paladin as examples), the other two talents could dramatically raise your consistent DPS at the cost of on-pull burst, if they were tuned well to fit in that area. But even with that example, there’s just no reason to take any of the other talents even with the synergy between Venthyr’s Flayed Shot and Dead Eye.
  3. This is purely personal preference, but as someone who played Beast Mastery a lot during Mists of Pandaria and Cataclysm, has there been any consideration from moving away from Barbed Shot focused gameplay back to the Stampede style with summoning loads of Dire Beasts? It would be a banger of a refresher for the specialization, but again that’s my personal opinion with little to no proof or data.
  4. Can we revisit the numbers behind Survival’s Mastery: Spirit Bond? From the description of it, it doesn’t seem to buff Wildfire Bomb which makes it sort of a dead stat for the specialization in Mythic+, and if that were fixed, it still wouldn’t address the issue of Survival being a melee dps but having no more survivability than the ranged specializations. Usually melee dps bring extremely powerful survivability tools (Spell Reflection, Die By The Sword, Evasion, Divine Shield, etc) to make up for the fact that they are in more danger than the ranged specializations. As it stands in Mythic+ the only slight benefit Survival has over Marksmanship or Beast Mastery is the addition of Harpoon for extra mobility, often negated by Marksmanship being able to talent into Posthaste given that they receive Binding Shot as baseline. Adding more baseline healing for Survival onto a class that desperately needs it or another survivability tool to the class, or even an amp to an existing ability (stronger Tar Trap slow, minimum duration for Freezing Trap breaking, built-in damage reduction from Feign Death much like the conduit, lower Aspect of the Turtle cooldown, etc) would be awesome!

Thanks for reading, have a great day.

I stopped to read here

“60 Nightborne Rogue” I stopped reading here

1 Like

I wish you would stop reading on these forums completely. You would do a favor to hunter community.

3 Likes

Sounds like when you comment on MSV but never played it. Idk why anyone keeps reading from that alone.

Its his only means to connect with other people. He obviously has no irl friends/significant other. Classic case of Asperger’s.

why cant we have pets generate zero aggro if not in combat?

To be fair, why would we need to replace any melee abilities, especially if the melee skill in question has no cooldown? You just consolidate it to replace the ranged skill while in melee range and said ranged skill is on cooldown.

1 Like

you literally base numbers off when the game had 10+ million players. By this logic literally every spec in the game had more players and was more popular.

2 Likes

better idea replace the whole melee spec with MoP survival so it will actually be playable again xD

5 Likes
  1. Dual pistols/revolvers as a transmog option for guns. Completely with some flashy akimbo animations.

2. Honestly, a rework on Marksman survivability. Exhilaration and Survival of the Fittest are garbage abilities. We need more passive leech, or those two need better talents to make hunters live longer.

3. Wild spirits baked into the class. It’s too fun to go without.

4. For the love of the almighty, some sniper themes tier sets. I am sick of the damn feathers/bones/skulls on every piece of hunter armor. It’s lazy and repetitive.

5. Ammo belts, knives, quivers, other little doodads to customize ourselves with.

3 Likes

How about a proper Defensive.
Survival of the Fittest baseline and reduce its CD by atleast half.
Turtle on a 3 min CD is fine, its an immunity and there is a talent/conduit to drop it even lower. There stands no good reason for Survival of the Fittest to be a 20% DR on a 3 minute CD, and it not be baseline.
This is just my PvE rant. IDC about PvP anymore, got my Rival in Season 2. That was enough tryhard for me.

Visual rework of SV. Gameplay is great, but the visuals leave a lot to be desired.

1 Like

More glyphs, and I mean REAL glyphs!
Like something to replace serpent sting from survival do throw [some ranged weapon]

Glyphs ? Glyphs for our pets!
Legion taught us about “catch” skill, and we can have Skoll/Hati throught quest… Why not keep the track ? Give custom skins (off course we can hunt it, or make a chain like fel fire), give us unic pet actions!

Transmogs for our class!
More quivers, hoods, crossbows… I wanna hang a bear trap (unarmed) in my belt, cmon!!

More pet families!
Mongoose, racoon, squirls, meerkat, I dunno, but we still have many RL animals that are interesting to bring to wow.

Have I said more crossbows ?
MORE CROSSBOWS!

1 Like

There is never going to be a class with 4 dps specs, all that old SV was has already been shoved into BM except for black arrow

Literally nothing from old SV exists in BM.

MM has Explosive Shot, Serpent Sting, and Lock and Load, but all in significantly changed/diminished talented forms with none of the interaction that made them significant for ranged Survival.

4 Likes

I definitely think that giving Survival hunters a choice between 2h’s and DW would be a good move…I never understood the mentality of “all of this class can use X and N but we’re gonna remove N from the equation”. Just let people use weapons they want to use (I mean they did bring back SMF), and give shamans back their 2h’s as well.

That being said…I kind of miss the old hunter range/melee mashup they used to have. If they bring back either of these two things, i’d main my hunter for sure.

3 Likes

what do you mean? hunter only has 2 specs since legion

6 Likes

For narrow minded people probably. But I’m not surprised , coming from a person who has same mentality like Beppe. You guys are embodiment of term “Forum Trolls”

Hunter Vanilla was melee. It was first designed like that.
Raptor strike was one of the first skills you learn…

post vanilla hunter sv was more an elementalist, using every kind of element in traps and shots with dots.

Its easyer to let survival more gore with bleeds and steel, and implement an explosive 4th spec focused on real bombs and traps.

1 Like