10 levels and no stronger than the end of BFA

Because they screwed the pooch the last time, I expected the squish to screw up my ability to run old instances and, surprise, after trying to solo a normal BfA dungeon, the devs succeeded in screwing the pooch again.

With as much leadership as the company has bled in the last two years, I probably shouldn’t be surprised they keep screwing the same things up.

4 Likes

I’ve been saying the same thing. He shouldn’t be leading this game AT ALL. It’s almost like he’s blackmailing someone to keep his position. He’s an attorney so who knows maybe they’re scared of firing him. He has been destroying all the fun factor since he took over.

4 Likes

I mean, you are a DK. I think you’ll be golden.

people just like to throw around negativity when they don’t get their way. i mean, show me a company that doesn’t talk stats to their investors. but they like to twist it all around and make it as if that’s all he sees in the game. that type of person doesn’t really care about reality, they just want to try to smear the one they want to blame for all things they dislike.

Here’s Wowhead’s article on when Ion said our power shouldn’t change…

~https://www.wowhead.com/news=317630/game-director-ion-hazzikostas-on-soloing-legion-content-in-the-pre-patch

I guess something’s not quite right…

8 Likes

Not only that, but for me anyways as an Arcane mage the extra minute meant I was low mana and all major spells on CD (Arcane power etc) so I killed the boss with my health getting low and I know there are some bosses in Mythic Nighthold like the girl who runs in a circle in the courtyard I would never beat, nor that green machine dude at the end of the walkway and the one boss in the garden that spawns a new boss (spawns 3 total) that I wouldn’t be able to beat with this issue.

When I should actually be able to faceroll Mythic Nighthold now.

5 Likes

He’s an elite raider and only sees the game through that lens. This is the same reason why WoW has never developed, say, a dye system, or a true housing system, despite the fact that these would likely be relatively minor overall talent and time investments with potentially massive payoffs in player retention.

In a larger sense, this is a problem with Blizzard that predates even Activision’s involvement, much less Ion’s tenure - they have always been a company that dictated rather than cooperated. This was all well and good when their judgement was sound - it’s hard to get upset with a good king when the land is all milk and honey. But now that we’re under the yoke of a much less talented, non-visionary numbers tyrant, the cracks in the façade are there for all to see - it’s Pride Rock under Scar, and the savannah is so very parched.

Rather than recognizing that this is an old product, and that the majority of people who remain invested in legacy MMOs linger in large part because they are comfortable with the same systems they have spent years enjoying, Ion seems determined to strip the car down to its frame, catering only to an extreme minority clientele who will most definitely not keep the servers humming when the more casual crowd has departed. And trust me - making transmoging and open-world content more frustrating? - will drive casual players out of the game. I’m one of them.

16 Likes

Same here.

I always said if they go down the level scaling route I am done, and it looks like this might be exactly what is happening. I hated and quit GW2 for this exact reason.

9 Likes

The old forums has been gone for over a year now.

3 Likes

He wont go out that way.

He’ll move on as the guy that oversaw one of the largest MMO’s on the market, with xpacs that sold into the millions.

Because anything else will be attributed to the games age. “It’s a 20 year old product, of course the subscription rate has dwindled.” There will never be a metric by which to measure it against aside from conjecture.

We can point to design decisions and there’s the problem, players have been saying it for years. But this is a business and the numbers are still good enough for them to turn the cheek and ignore the people speaking with their wallets as not knowing what is best for their game.

People still gave Brad Mcquaid money to make another game, and he was still looked at as someone special in MMORPG development, even after his studio was laid off in a parking lot. Why? Because a major publisher bought his studio and failed game, and that amounts to success.

And what would you do if I did?

This, just wait until you are fully Heroic Teir 1 geared with BiS Legendary and Conduit.

Stat Squish, we leveled 10 lvls but the stat boost we got out of that wasnt much, the gear most of us have really isnt much better than what we had before and we are missing azorite stuffs and corruptions.

This is true, you’ll get stronger as you gear, but guess what. We are two expansions worth of gear stronger than Legion. Doesn’t matter if its green or purple gear, we are two expansion stronger. We should be able to smash through that content like we were able to in BFA (before they screwed everything up with the squish). That’s logic.

Also the green quest gear we got in Shadowlands is stronger than the last tier raid gear of BFA otherwise it wouldn’t be getting replaced while leveling. With that in mind, yes, I expect us to be able to clear Legion mythic raids.

10 Likes

I noticed same in Mechagon. My monk did some quests there at level 50 in ilvl 80ish while waiting for SW portal to open up on launch day. When she went back at level 60 to finish up those quests, she wasn’t doing any better. I’ve given up on scaling in this game a long time ago.

I mean eh. I honestly don’t need to feel more powerful with that kinda stuff. Bfa was last expansion and become the place holder for the pew patch changes. So Of course you can’t solo that stuff

We should be able to solo Legion dungeons and Raids. Also BFA dungeons. Maybe BFA raids. Whatever the scenario its quite tragic and Blizzard definitely needs to address this issue with its players.

3 Likes

I’d ask why.

agree that this design path isn’t as fun

everyone gets restarted back to the same exact power level at the beginning of each xpac now

devs wanted an easier, cheaper, and simpler hamster wheel

instead of extra content we get temporary extra layered systems to make the content take longer, and it all goes in the garbage once the xpac is over

look at corruptions, had them for like 8 months and then turned off completely

at the end of it, bliz isn’t valuing our time as highly these days

all they care about is our tolerance for more grind for the hamster wheel

2 Likes

Ah, I thought you were going to put your hand through my phone and strangle me.