10 levels and no stronger than the end of BFA

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I can’t do the same things at 60 (now ilvl 171) that I could at 50… and not anywhere CLOSE to the things I could do at 120 (even without corruption).

Specifically, OLD legion raids. Old legion raids on Mythic (sans a few bosses) up to Antorus were soloable (by me on my toons… not anecdotally someone else’s). Now they are not.

10 Likes

Welcome to the scaling trash system Blizzard put in the game when Legion hit (another reason Legion is the 2nd worst expansion)

2 Likes

I made a post about this during Beta when i tested out scaling with BFA trash mobs and open world elites.

BFA mobs actually scale up their stats past level 50. I took a level 50 character out to test kill times and noted the mob’s health. Then I took the same character levelled up to 60 in beta out and the mobs health had scaled up by 30% or more.

I did the same test for Legion mobs and their health and damage did NOT scale for the level 50 and 60 characters. So, BFA scaling is off; mobs are scaling up past their level cap to match us at 60. This (to me at least) seems to be the issue.

Every past expansion, in my experience, gaining 10 levels has always made the previous expansion’s content pretty much trivial. This is not the case now with BFA, at least for the moment.

8 Likes

Mob scaling . You know something they said they wouldn’t do but ended up sneaking it in and players noticed it anyways.

11 Likes

i found it very odd that there was 0 change in power between 50 and 60 when I was doing legion DUNGEONS, OUTDOOR and RAID content. In fact, in one nighthold mythic run, level 50s were doing more dps than 51+ by a noticeable margin.

and before you ask why I do legion content during shadowlands, it is because I am still collecting balance of power appearances

6 Likes

On point.

I expected legacy raids to be messed up as far as power levels and scaling…that happened at the start of every xpac where they did a squish. But for overworld mobs to be just as hard? That’s a little ridiculous.

Hopefully Blizz fixes this soon.

3 Likes

Something is broken if this is true…

1 Like

Ok, this actually explains a lot. So either Blizzard have done a real sneaky and silently coded this MMO progression killer of an idea in to their game (not the first time they have done something like this, that legionwide stat increase for mobs played out the exact same, they kept silent until there was enough outrage on the forums to prove we knew the crap they were pulling)

Or that isn’t intended and is indeed a bug.

Either option isn’t acceptable and blizzard need to address it immediately. Taking the same amount of time to kill something that is lvl50 when we are 60 as it is to kill something that is 60 when we are 60 is demoralizing. Makes me feel I wasted time bothering to level.

10 Likes

Soon
Addressing the typical broken stuff when soloing legacy content.

Also: Soon
Tunning mythic mechanics from all legion fights for solo players.

Soon

2 Likes

This whole topic reeks of entitlement. I don’t know how anyone expects to be able to solo any raid, at any point in the games history. If that is a thing, consider it a blessing not something Blizzard is obligated to do. As if they don’t have enough on their plate they’re now asked to rebalance antiquated content? Holy smokes

1 Like

Oh you must be brand new to WOW, welcome. For your refence, it’s the way the game has run the last 16 (?! it’s 16 right?) years. And the reason lots of people play and bother to stay subbed. Not everyone likes to do current content all the time.

And a great tip, the “entitled taunt” kind of loses all meaning after the gazillionth time it’s thrown around. Do people even understand the actual meaning anymore? Clearly not :joy:

27 Likes

Someone clearly doesn’t know what the tmog community is.

Also, for those who claim that getting geared is the answer - it isn’t.

LFR Aggy

Prepatch Level 50, 132 ilvl - 73 second kill time
Freshly dinged Level 60, 141 ilvl - 72 second kill time, no issues with health
Slightly geared level 60, 155 ilvl - 87 second kill time, burnt both Charges to mitigate Flame Rend and was knocked down to 21% health by the end

14 Likes

Exactly. People keep referring to raids but it’s not even that. It’s the entire content like open world and normal dungeons. You should be able to go back 10 levels higher and just smoke open world content and normal dungeons. Right now you feel zero percent stronger in those areas than you did at 50.

9 Likes

Its something that was easily soloable for most of the game’s history. I guess you’re either new or a very bad troll. Holy smokes expecting them to actually not break things is ‘entilement’? lol k continue your brown nosing

9 Likes

Yeah, nothing’s more great than getting my face wrecked by beastbot while level 60 and mid 140s.

6 Likes

Sooo… you think we shouldn’t be able to get infinitely stronger because reasons?

4 Likes

It was only a matter of time before the swarm invaded with buzzwords…

:rofl:

17 Likes

Yes this is exactly my point, I can’t even describe the level of ‘deflated’ that I felt not being able to quickly dispatch a measly world mob npc. It was just your basic run of the mill mob, wasn’t even a rare or elite LOL! I think one of the posters above nailed it when they said they are scaling past 50, and that should not be happening. My only hope at this point is that it isn’t intended. Please don’t let this be something blizz have actually sneakily coded in!

7 Likes

WoW Community: Blizz make the old world content relevant again!

Also WoW Community: Blizz this is outdated content, I should be able to steamroll it!

I love you guys :rofl:

3 Likes

Ion is single handedly destroying anything that isn’t high end raiding. He doesn’t seem to understand or care that the majority of players LOVE to go back and stomp on bosses that used to be hard to kill. It’s the sense of progression. Also farming mount, transmog, etc… is very popular but he doesn’t care. This must change. Ion needs to go.

12 Likes