10 levels and no stronger than the end of BFA

Yes, but the fact that we’ve seen more hotfix notes about this issue in the last week indicates that something is still happening. So I’m a bit more hopeful they will EVENTUALLY address it. Soon™.

Still not optimistic. The hotfix was worded specifically for BFA mobs, and that hotfix - if it were actually implemented - basically did nothing. They didn’t address this in alpha or beta and I have little hope of them addressing it now. It really seems intentional at this point.

3 Likes

Oh I share your cynicism, but if Blizzard really did want to completely ignore it, or if it was intentional, I don’t think they would’ve put the hotfix note they put in a few days ago. They just wouldn’t have bothered at all.

Bugs that provide an unintentional benefit to players are jumped on like a starving person at a buffet. Bugs that have a negative impact on players take forever.

1 Like

Maybe tomorrow it will be addressed? :sweat_smile:

I want to do more than solo what I could solo at 120, I want to solo stuff I couldn’t solo at 120, like that dungeon at the end of the KT unlock quest.

5 Likes

Oh of course. The tweet was made in reference to 120->50, which never panned out. Then people started whiteknighting and saying things like “wait until you get to 60” and “get mythic geared at 60” and even some said “wait until 9.1”. And some of the same people who make these sorts of comments are on their Youtube stream saying how much the people they’re running keys with suck and how they can’t wait to run with “real players”. It’s absurd.

1 Like

You are missing the date of that Tweet. That was in Aug. And he says, “Feel slightly weaker” and that is wrong also. I feel A LOT weaker. 10 lvls higher. 50 ilvl higher and I do even worse than I did in BfA trying to solo Legion Mythic raids.

So I doubt it is ongoing and an actual bug because others have said they have seen BfA mobs and even in WoD mobs as level 60.

4 Likes

Can you elaborate? I only know of one on the 7th Dec and it did nothing. Has there been another attempt to address the problem since then? I can’t see anything since the 7th?

Players above level 50 now properly retain their full combat bonus when fighting enemies from the Legion expansion.

That was from Nov 24. But yeah, there hasn’t been anything new since the 7th…we’re still waiting since that apparently didn’t fix it (I still can’t test it myself).

1 Like

I can confirm this is not the case. As of this past Friday 3rd boss in Mythic Nighthold only to around 60% before dying. BfA I could get her down to 30’s% or so.

1 Like

Is that on a level 50 or 60? He did say removal of corruption would make a difference, and while level 50 content was adjusted, how overpowered it would make you in older content might change.

That Ion guy from blizz seems to make it look like this is all intended /shrug he says

" * Old raid tuning had a bug in the first week of Shadowlands for Legion content that made it harder as you leveled.

• Old raids might be a little harder at max level now, but part of that is from your stats going down as you level. Things should get better as you get more gear and Soulbinds. Eventually your player power will exceed what it was at the end of the last expansion."

So basically we aren’t getting a fix any time soon because they think we will “eventually” be as strong as we were at lvl 50, am i the crazy one here thinking how stupid that sounds ? We are now 10 levels higher with much higher item lvl yet we are meant to be weaker and it will take raid gear and extra conduits to get the same power as lvl 50. So its going to be months before we can do old content as well as we could before not even exceed it , just be equal to it lol.

7 Likes

I came to post the same. They made old raids harder. I leveled this toon for almost 10 years and they took away my power. F@#$ Blizzard. Sub was canceled a few weeks ago.

3 Likes

Bad news guys, Ions words straight from interview on wowhead:

Q: Any plans to fix old raid tuning?

“They’re curious to hear specific examples. There was a bug in the first week of Shadowlands where the scaling benefit against Legion content went down as you leveled. That should be working as intended. Players who compared themselves at the end of the last expansion and the beginning of this expansion and find that it’s talking longer is an unfortunate thing about leveling up in WoW and the way combat ratings work.”

1 Like

Issues with scaling was expected, but even though I expected it, it is disappointing to know even at 60, soloing mythic argus for transmog will likely be impossible still with regular gear from WQs and LFR.

Those of us who do not raid, play the game for other reasons, especially farming old content for transmog, mounts and pets. It is a huge aspect of the game, and it should not be ignored by the dev team. Improving old content will allow us to farm the old raids for weeks or months to get what we want, and it keeps some of us engaged and motivated to play.

I haven’t purchased SL yet because I know even when I hit 60 and get some gear, Legion content will still be a pain. I had a friend who is 60 carry me through Mythic Nighthold, and it was as slow as it was when I did it with a geared friend at 120 (we couldn’t kill mythic gul’dan at 120 either, was pretty sad lol).

3 Likes

I’m so happy someone linked this, lol. What a cop out.

Basically: ‘We couldn’t be bothered to scale the content properly, and we’re not going to scale it, either.’ Disappointing

10 Likes

Yeah it’s unfortunate how leveling in WoW makes you weaker.

He’s actually saying that.

6 Likes

Exactly, if this is the norm now, they have done something wrong…

3 Likes

The damage multiplier was added back in, and while I can’t solo Mythic KJ, I am doing a lot more damage than I was doing at the end of BFA, even with a low ~175 IL, and after getting my spec nerfed to the absolute ground.

We’re all disappointed that we can’t just stroll in and solo everything in greens, like a fresh 120 could do in Draenor raids. This is a byproduct of the squish, but one that will hopefully resolve itself once we cross the 200 IL barrier, as gear scales exponentially in legacy instance.

It’s unfortunate, but it’s what it is.

That’s all well and good, but it means Ion outrighted lied to us all then when he said after the squish we will still be able to do all the things we did prior.

He didn’t say after the squish and with the added tedium of weeks/months worth of gated play to get really good gear we can do what we did pre squish.

And there is something wrong regardless, my level 50 toons both with and without heart/cloak/azerite can kill level 50 things faster than my 60 toons killing those exact same 50 mobs. It wreaks of totally broken scaling/squishing to me.

9 Likes