10 levels and no stronger than the end of BFA

BFA did not have a level squish. I think it had a MINOR ilvl squish but nothing compared to 6.0 or 9.0. The problem is when Shadowlands squished BOTH level and ilvl and introduced scaling with “expansion caps”. They messed up something bad.

1 Like

Legion->BFA had a huge ilvl squish. iLVL cap prior to BFA was 1000. The squish wasn’t perfect (we saw the same problem as we do now with old content being hell) but Blizz actually nailed the issues down very quickly. That’ hasn’t been the case this time.

haven’t run any transmog since SL release

have they still not addressed this…???

Largely no. There may have been some level of tuning done for BFA mobs, but nothing I’ve really noticed. In fact there are BFA mobs that are literally level 60.

1 Like

While I understand your complaint, that statement does not compute.
Not being able to solo content, is anti massively multiplayer?

I’m sure with time and feed back, they will fix this issue.

…wow!

I forgot, there’s at least one known WoD mob that’s scaling too.

https://imgur.com/HPwl5EA https://imgur.com/ZdyNi9b

I assume that we’ve all made posts in Bug Reports (or in game bug reports) in addition to just posting in this thread right?

2 Likes

What happened to that, we are going to level squish, but you can still solo things you used to solo? … :roll_eyes: :unamused:

2 Likes

This because I have a feeling blizz doesn’t read their own forums ><

2 Likes

Went to the panda assault to kill the mount rares there. Non-elite 50s in here also have a stupid amount of health - Zan-tien raiders have 20.6k for example. Other mobs, such as silkfeather hawks, have 10k health. Onyx Warserpent (level 50 elite) has 62k health. These are about on par with SL mobs and killing these level 50 mobs are taking just as long as killing SL 60 mobs. Hali has 643k health.

3 Likes

Ongoing issue, the most frustrating part is it being in the patch notes as fixed

1 Like

funny thing, in bfa i could solo agrammar in lfr quite easily, still could do that in shadowlands but at lv 50

then i lv up to 60, got more ilv, and turns out i could not kill him anymore, i actually got 10 levels and more ilv and i became weaker, i had to grind more ilv to be able to kill him with difficult.

7 Likes

So some more proof,

Stone legion something or other level 60 ravendreth normal mob, 23000 health.
Black empire Beheader level 50 Nzoth forces normal mob, 20500 health.

Like honestly?

(First random mobs I happened across for comparison purposes xD)

Can blizzard please fix this already, this is beyond a joke now. I noticed once again a blue posting that they are nerfing loot drops from raids. So once again quick as hell to jump on anything that benefits the player, while this glaring issue has remained totally ignored other than some dubious patch notes which appeared to do jack all.

5 Likes

I have been farming mythic Hellfire Citadel for months now. Post squish, my level 56 warlock is MUCH weaker in that content.

I unsubbed until they choose to address it, that is the only thing that will get their attention.

2 Likes

Nope. I equipped azerite gear and tested on mythic Hellfire Citadel. At level 56, it was much harder than it was at 120.

1 Like

At level 56 I have a harder time on mythic Hellfire Citadel than I did at level 110. Is that clear enough for you?

Here you go buddy. He said it many times, it’s just hard to locate. Th intent was we could solo old content easily.

www usgamer net articles wow-director-says-patch-80-was-not-the-experience-we-wanted-to-deliver

“Hazzikostas said that the power curve is pretty stable from Blizzard’s point of view. With a single expansion’s distance, the average solo player should be as strong a full dungeon group of five players. Two expansions later, that same player should be as strong as a raid group. Blizzard doesn’t want to immediately trivialize the content from the last expansion.”

2 Likes

This is straight from Ion’s fingers:

I guess “work is still ongoing” is better than nothing. :expressionless: I wish there would be a timetable. That explains the multiple hotfixes recently that haven’t seemed to change anything.

The tweet was from August and was addressing a level 50 in beta.

2 Likes