10 levels and no stronger than the end of BFA

Sad thing about this is this isn’t their first rodeo when it comes to scaling which makes me think it was done on purpose to keep people in the Shadowlands as much as possible for as long as possible.

4 Likes

Besides the fact that everything takes far too long to kill has anyone noticed your hearthstone now takes 10 seconds to cast when the old hearthstones take around 5 seconds ? I used a stop watch on my phone to time them today because hearthing felt really slow and the hearthstone to shadowlands takes 10 seconds to cast whilst the ones to garrison and Dalaran take 5 seconds.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure hearthstone has always been 10 seconds because as a paladin i like to bubble hearth my way out of stuff that doesn’t favor me and i know i need to hit bubble then immediately hearth or i wont get out in time since bubble lasts 12 seconds.

Hmmm weird, maybe it was because I used to use the fast hearth enchant /shrug. I didn’t hearthstone much in bfa unless it was to dalaran or garrison so now that I have to hearth more often its probably just odd for me.

Anyway that’s enough from me about hearthing this thread is about that crap job blizz did on level/ilvl scaling along with the squish.

I was just checking a WQ mob in Zuldazar on a few random 50s and 60s at various ilevels and they seem to scale up to at least around 140 or so ilevel but I have a few gaps in ilevel which prevent me from being 100% sure.

1 Like

I think that they’re buffed by Pathfinder. We’ll get a similar buff in SL around the time it doesn’t matter anymore.

Opposite effect on me…I’m not even going to get Shadowlands until this is fixed. If it’s not fixed by the time my month is up I’m just going to let the sub expire again.

5 Likes

Same. Tried again even at ilvl 170 and still can’t even pass that 3rd boss in Mythic Nighthold (I am talking about about the boss who runs in a circle in the courtyard). BfA almost could beat her, now, can’t even get her to 50%.

Not sure how this has been addressed yet at all.

5 Likes

This is depressing to read considering I could solo Mythic Guldan pre-squish at ilvl 479. Yes, it required numerous wipes, but it could be done. Now people are struggling to get a couple of bosses down.

1 Like

Here is where it gets fun kiddies: THIS IS NOT A BUG. This is INTENDED. That’s why the radio silence. They have no intention of changing this. It’s how they want it to be. By ignoring it they are hoping we’ll eventually just shut up and accept it.

2 Likes

If it’s intended then why are they bothering to put hotfix notes in saying it’s fixed? Seems like a waste of time when they could just say it’s intended.

1 Like

Bait and switch basically. Their hotfix didn’t fix anything at all, it’s still exactly as it was. If they say it’s intended then this will blow up in their face bad.

Except that’s not how they work…we had all these same issues after the 6.0 squish, and it took about a month to get it all ironed out.

If it were intended, and they wanted to keep it quiet, they wouldn have either said intended or not said anything, not put in hotfix notes that weren’t real.

Radio silence. A hotfix that didn’t fix. That’s all I need to know this is intended. I no longer have any faith in them to do right by the players. Until I see it actually changed, it’s intended. And even then, well they intended no-flying in WoD didn’t they, that wasn’t going to be changed until several million players unsubbed.

1 Like

Right, that’s a reasonable stance to take and I can understand. As for myself, I’m not going to get Shadowlands or subscribe for more than this month until it is either fixed or at least acknowledged.

2 Likes

It’s frustrating as hell even with the ilvl scaling in SL. This has potential to be really fun but that scaling is ruining it. My main got great gear and now everything’s HP has doubled and it’s hitting me so hard I get killed in three shots. This is not ok at all. But to have stuff scale to our level and/or ilvl in OLD content? Holy shizzle Batman! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO UNSUBBED.

It only got to be “normal” once iLvl scaling was introduced, the single biggest wrongheaded move in the history of the design of this game, but by god they’re sticking to it. Just because you go up in “level” and get better “gear” and get “stronger” you think you’re supposed to be able to kill things faster and survive more? Hah! That’s not how things work in modern WoW.

In modern WoW you’ll stay exactly as strong compared to the things that you fight no matter WHAT you do and you’ll LIKE it. You’re not entitled to have an easy fight against that same Gorm you fought a thousand other times just because you specifically did content and got gear with bigger numbers on it! You shouldn’t get to fight for less than ten minutes against a mob that’s supposed to be ten levels under you - what would our shareholders say??

2 Likes

Leveling is fundamentally broken in retail, and I think one of the biggest culprits was the removal of spell ranks and base damage/healing.

This can be observed in classic. Every 2 levels you get a new spell rank, and every rank has improved base damage/healing, making it noticeably more powerful. With every spell rank, the base damage and healing of the spells was increased. You were guaranteed an increase to your baseline dps/healing every time you leveled.

In retail there are no spell ranks, and there is no base damage or healing in any ability. Every ability scales purely off your primary stats. Unfortunately, levels do not reward enough primary stat per level to give the same boost that classic gave with each spell rank, so the scaling is heavily reliant on gear. Also unfortunate is the fact that gearing has become a slot machine and it is very possible to not get an upgrade for multiple levels. This means your abilities continue to do the same amount of damage while the health of the mobs grow.

This could easily be solved by adding back base damage and healing to abilities so you would be guaranteed some boost in power as you leveled. Adding back in spell ranks would make leveling more psychologically rewarding since it’s satisfying to see the moment when your earn the increased power to your abilities as the leveling pop-up appears to show you your newly earned rank.

1 Like

It is depressing for us who love running old raids for mogs and mounts. I was stoked to finally finish Mythic Legion raids once SL dropped and instead now in an even worse state.

8 Likes

There were no issues in BfA when they level squished nor ilvl squished. I was able to do the same raids killing within the same time or better. The problem is they either kept the scaling accidentally once SL launched so scaled with 60 or they went off stats going off of Corruption gear, Azerite gear and our neck or both. So now that those are gone it is making it harder.

I know people pointed out things in BfA that mobs health have increased which shouldn’t scale with us. All old content should not be scaling. So then likely that is why the old raids are so much worse and not faceroll like they should be 2 expansions ago.

2 Likes