10 levels and no stronger than the end of BFA

yep. i remember when BFA came out i max leveled than went back and did some old MOP dungeons i missed. i obilterated them and one shotted most of the enemies.

I went back to BFA content and tried to kill a level 50 beast. it beat me. how in the blue hell can i be 10 levels higher, one expansion further on and still get beat? its pathetic

3 Likes

Agreed! They are literally grey (trivial) yet I am locked in combat with them using full rotations to kill them the same I would a level 60 mob. Hardly “trivial” then is it?
Is blizzard going to address this at all? This is a massive issue and they have been stone cold silent.

especilly when i can kill a shadowlands level 57 in 3 or 4 hits yet a 50 in BFA can drop me…

Yup, they haven’t said a thing about this screwed up scaling since August 25th. Ridiculous.

Yep… Ion is not only a liar, but a moron as well.

3 Likes

Wasn’t it 11 levels higher they set as the “legacy damage” enabled? I was hoping they’d squish that to 6 or 10 with the xpac.

And that makes the game unrewarding - and effectively pointless - unless you’re in the minor percentage doing raids or mythic+.

I guess this is what happens when the entire “world” of Warcraft starts being built around instances and “seasons”.

3 Likes

All I want for Christmas is an MMO that doesn’t reverse progression and make higher-level players weaker.

3 Likes

yep. I have 2 special needs kids and limited time to play. part of a expansion for me is going back and clearing old content i didn’t have time to do when it was current and they have nerfed this and killed a major reason why i play

2 Likes

That’s raids. We’re talking about open world content here.

They’re both screwed

Guys chill we haven’t even gotten to Keys yet lmao

Interesting wowhead article on this, level 50’s have a dps buff aura it seems, that we dont have at 60. Taking longer to do Siege of Org or uldum assaults than it did before.

You mean, 10 levels higher with gear which, regardless of color, has better stats than the purples we left behind, because if it wasn’t better gear we wouldn’t have bothered replacing the old stuff.

And yet, higher levels and better gear still makes us weaker at 60 than we were at 50, but that’s okay because we’ll be more powerful later.

2 Likes

This is what the whiteknight defense force has been parroting the past…at least two months, maybe even more considering Ion’s twitter comment came on August 25th. “It’s supposed to be this way” or “You’re supposed to get better gear” or “You’re not max level anymore” etc. etc.

It’s a real embarrassment to the player community when many players and certain arrogant forum "MVP"s can’t understand the basic concept of RPG progression and instead decide to trash any and all threads that brings this glaring issue to light.

6 Likes

Oh my god, I didn’t sign up to explain core game mechanics to people. Yes, the raw numbers on the gear are higher, but because we are higher level, we need more of those numbers to have the same effect.

I can’t be bothered to go look up the conversions (and Blizzard’s simplified UI doesn’t help that either, this used to be available on the in-game character panel), but the principle is that at level 50, 10 Crit rating gave you 1% Crit, but at level 60, 10 Crit rating gives you 0.1% Crit. That has been a thing since this game’s inception. That end-game gear you had at level 50 means very little at level 60, since you need more secondary stats to achieve the same % that you used to have.

That’s why we are weaker now than we were at 50. Because relative to our current level, our current gear is weaker than what we had in the pre-patch. Compare mythic Nathria gear to normal dungeon blues: the ilvl 158 plate helm from HoA has 43 Str, 37 Haste, and 56 Mastery; the ilvl 233 plate helm from Denathrius has 87 Str, 44 Haste, and 102 Mastery. Note that they are both for level 60 characters. This is how we progress in the expansion…we get better gear as the new patches come out. So even though we are the same level, the gear gets more and more inflated, leading to higher and higher % on your character sheet.

Your ilvl 158/171 dungeon blues at 60 are trash compared to Nyalotha gear back when you were 50. I really hope this taught somebody something important about how this game works on a fundamental level.

It also feels like the week SL launched they changed something as well. Was playing around fighting LK on a 48 mage and couldn’t kill him fast enough before getting blown out of the arena. That had never happened before, would usually almost 1 shot him in the past.

The next time I pick up a sequel game in an RPG franchise I’ll be sure to call the devs and complain that they reset my character in the new game. I should definitely have all the stuff I worked for and obtained by the end of the last game!

You’re also talking about people who were in endgame gear. There are plenty in crap gear (like me) soloing and now can’t. Your argument does not add up.

5 Likes

No, it still works. Your crap gear at 50 is just crappier than what I used in the example. It is still worse as you level, for the same reasons. Just easier to replace with quest greens.