10 levels and no stronger than the end of BFA

No need to repeat - we understood what you said. You were just wrong.

3 Likes

Thank you. Exactly this. I went on a solo Lich King mount run on my 60 druid and had to actually work to kill him… still trivial, but I was afraid I would get pushed into Frostmourne (for the first time in years). Then I went back on my FRESH 50 in HEIRLOOMS and facerolled LK.
EDIT: also has anyone mentioned that BfA iLev 105 Head, Shoulders, and Chest pieces are better than anything I’ve been able to find so far in Shadowlands?

4 Likes

You should be getting stronger because you increased your level. A geared level 50 character should be stronger in level 50 content as opposed to an ungeared level 60 character in level 60 content. However a level 60 character should not be weak in level 50 open world content. You should become stronger, and not weaker, with experience. The current state of things goes against what a rpg is supposed to be.

7 Likes

And if we don’t raid, I guess we’re screwed.

2 Likes

Item level squish combined with invisible scaling at max level is wonderful isn’t it?

The people on the Legion PTR were correct when they (Activision) tried to slip this in unnoticed.

5 Likes

not just anti-mmo but anti-rpg in general.

the recent trend of scaling in rpgs is really putting the genre and its subgenres into a hole. there may as well not be a single number involved in any of this.

6 Likes

I understand the corruptions, but, how my previously (example numbers) ilvl 120 int 200 haste 60 item is stronger than my current ilvl 155 int 300 haste 75 item? Not counting the 10 level difference.

I don’t get why you guys have to white knight for Blizzard so much, really, accept that they just f’d up, end of story.
This is actually the 3rd time they screw up like this, you’d think they would have learned by now, but nope, we get weaker every expansion despite our stats increasing.

7 Likes

Forcing players to level up 20 times in 2020 and re-gear just to maintain the same ability which they had in 2016 to clear obsolete content in an expansion from 2012 is a good way to tell players to get lost.

9 Likes

They don’t play their own game. Nobody who actually plays the content enjoys feeling half as strong coming out of lvling.

5 Likes

You are so out of touch with reality it’s ridiculous.

Either that or you’re one of the biggest white knights I’ve ever seen.

It gets worse when green text is used.

1 Like

The stupid ones are often the most aggressive.

4 Likes

Absolutely agree.

And that is what is so unbelievably wrong, there was absolutely no point to this whole expansion or gaining 10 levels then. If blizzard wanted to stop any form of progression why bother adding 10 more levels in?! Literally could have left us at 50 (120) and called it a day.

Its unreal to think that the many hours that goes in to leveling is completely unrewarded, in fact not just unrewarded but penalised. Who the hell enjoys or has fun doing something for that long to end up weaker with old content?! What was the actual point?

2 Likes

Happens every expansion because they reset our power completely. It isn’t until the second raid tier that we start gaining anything.

No that is not the point of my post, the point of my post is world mob scaling as well as dungeons and raids. OLD WORLD. OLD CONTENT. Never in wows history has gaining 10 levels made me weaker against old content.

10 levels in the past had us obliterating anything 10 levels lower (or more) than us.
Do yourself a favor and go do some Nzoth forces content and get back to us. It will take you as long to kill them as it did at 50, or longer. Despite being 10 levels above.

8 Likes

Let’s see… Yesterday I was in Val’sharah at a flight point near the PvP world quests. A flagged Alliance player landed next to me, and I automatically clicked on him to view his health bar. I’m a level 50, he was a level 60. I have half again as much health as he did. My gear is decent considering I did no raiding or mythic+ and ran no horrific visions. But I probably could have flagged and killed him right there if I felt like it.

1 Like

Just counted for the first rare I could find and Zror’um the Infinite just took 5 minutes or so to down by myself, a level 60 152ilvl DH. It was level 52. That is a complete joke. Anyone who thinks that is acceptable has no regard for the integrity of progression in an MMO.

3 Likes

There isn’t any “progression” in world content. That’s what ilvl scaling is all about.

dont understand how hard is to apply legacy buff once u enter legion dungeons or raids is a lvl check if lvl 51 or more apply a hidden aura that boost dmg by a lot and done with it.