10-50 in 7 hours? Why?

Wrath was a miserable leveling experience. 70-80 was a grind like no other. I was in Northrend cutting off gnome ears for literally decades.

1 Like

Can’t you just do the remaining levels in another expansion?

Where is my down vote button? Oh it’s the flag button!

If you want to level slower then go right ahead, nobody is forcing you to rush through everything. But speaking personally, I have leveled over a dozen toons from beginning to end, including multiple allied race heritage armors. Leveling doesn’t need to be some massive chore anymore.

I don’t agree with that statement. An experienced player can go over the spell book and kinda figure out what to do. But, I don’t think that is the case for a new player.

Nothing in the spell book is going to teach you how to handle multiple hard hitting mobs as a cloth wearer. There is nothing in the spell book teaching you how to kite.

Only from exposure to situations out in the world, are going to prepare you for endgame.

Nah, if people wanted slower leveling Blizzard wouldn’t have implemented a +100% XP bonus since the beginning of the pandemic. Not to mention +10% XP darkmoon faire buff, +55% XP from heirlooms, +50% XP from RaF and the many other potions that boosted XP gains.

Those were offered because the average player wants fast leveling.

Having to slog through 60 - 90 and then again 110 - 120… no thanks.

If you want slow leveling, play Classic WoW. Don’t bring that here.

So you slow down and smell the roses, for many this will be their 4+ character and they are tired of it and just want to get to the current game content.

Honestly, I’ve never leveled an Alliance past (pre-SL) level 20 (stopped at 20, so when I’m unsubbed, I can log in to play through the other starter zones).

I want to play through the Alliance side for MoP, WoD, and Legion (which isn’t much different than Horde, I think). I’m currently playing through BfA on a level 120, but the got boosted repeatedly (I spent two or three xpacs’ boosts on him…). So there’s so much I haven’t done.

I don’t remember much of Cata (I mostly did gathering for my guild mates), so I wouldn’t mind seeing both sides of that. And then, of course, post-Cata Azeroth, TBC, and WotLK.

Sometimes, I’ll want to stomp through on my max-level alts. Sometimes, I’ll want to zoom through on alts I’m leveling (e.g., for Heritage Armor sets). And sometimes, I’ll want to lock the XP at 50 in Chromie time (if that ever becomes a possibility) and experience what remains of the xpac (because so much has been stripped away when going from one xpac to the next).

Yeah sure :rofl: Make sure you stop, and smell all the pixel flowers op.

You’ve leveled a warrior to 60 in Classic, and are wanting longer leveling in retail?

Absolute madlad.

Good god, some of these responses. Why not just start every character at 59? Cut out the middle man and get you lot RAIDING! It’s not like anyone’s going to read the text or watch cut scenes, when there’s loot and glory to be won!

Hell, while we’re at it, I’ve seen some people ‘confused’ over the suggestion to get SSDs. Let’s just put WoW on mobile now, right? Less buttons, super easy access in-between classes and on work breaks, even raid while pooping!

Meh, I really enjoy leveling. I’ve had to delete characters several times because I’m account capped :frowning:

I don’t see why they couldn’t add an exp gain nerf for people who like to level slowly similar to how they have the exp off NPC

7hrs i can beat an entire game.

You’re forgetting 51-60 exists too.

If anything it’s too long. Plus your cherrypicking a speedrunner.

For many the game starts at max level.

Don’t worry, they will. They do this because they don’t want people complaining about them taking away the heirloom buff. Once people have forgotten about the buff, they will nerf the leveling experience back to what it was before.

After 15 years, levelling up is boring to me. Much prefer the endgame experience.

1 Like

Why is it so long?!! is my question.

If the majority playerbase is at 50-60, and you’re designing content for 50-60, everything below that only serves as a wall between a noob and the community

Counter intuitive to an mmo

The AH is flooded with mats that aren’t moving. Hardly anybody is leveling up professions earlier than the current expansion. That’s what this change was designed to do: get people out of old expansions where they were lingering.

Isn’t that wonderful that you think low level players without outside funding shouldn’t be able to fly? You realize that makes you sound like a bad person, right? Pat yourself on the head again for giving them what they deserve, tough love from a stingy guy.

A player on a starter account cannot use the AH or the mail. They cannot trade with other players. How does that compare with players in earlier times who were able to farm, buy, and sell stuff?

It has zero to do with it. You’re just making up nonsense because you think players on starter accounts don’t deserve to play the game.

You already said that players on starter accounts shouldn’t have any way of earning the 4 gold it takes to buy riding at level 20.

Show me a screenshot of your AH that shows that all the gear is still <1 gold. I’ll wait.

LOL. You are mocking players who don’t have gold to buy anything and saying they are lazy if changes to the game make it impossible to farm and sell mats.

As in “I farmed level 30 mats at level 60 and made loads of gold. Anybody who doesn’t farm as fast as I did now mobs are scaled and sell as much as I did even though there is no demand is lazy and not willing to turn this game into a second job as I didn’t have to do.”