1.5 AV please please please

1.5 AV - So good we started changing/patching it out within a month ®

4 Likes

It doesnt matter what version of AV we get, its not going to be the 2 day battles of yore. Let’s run the facts:

1. humans like doing things the easy way. Its why we buy things instead of making them, its why we automate as much of our lives as possible (when was the last time you did math with pencil and paper instead of a calculator by your own choice? Walk somewhere instead of driving just because, not for the exercise or the fresh air but just because? Wash your clothes by hand? Hell, you can barely find people willing to wash dishes by hand these days). Once the novelty of the experience wears off, people will look to maximize gains and minimize investment. Nature of the beast.
  2. we arent getting patch 1.5. We are getting 1.12. Revamped talents and most importantly the gear. You didnt have people running around in T2 with ashkandi. You didnt have titanic leggings and lionheart helms. Hell, in 1.5 there were still plenty of guilds that didnt have rag on farm yet. The players are going to be much stronger in classic than they were in 1.5. The NPCs will be more like a chain link fence, not a castle wall.

With what, the mystical wand of AV player taking?

Drop the feigned ignorance. First 6 months of when AV is in. Also drop the “breaks the intent” garbage. Unless you prefer to be ignored entirely.

Lastly, I did not say 1.5, I said early AV. Meaning it would include the aspects that had been removed.

That would mean you want AV 1.12 when AV 1.5 early AV should be out, and then AV 1.5 early AV when AV 1.12 should be out. Blizzard wants to create WoW as a consistent whole, as a museum piece. They’re giving concessions to progression but it all ends at 1.12. Within that framework, AV 1.5 in CP3, 1.12 in CP6 fits the model. The reverse does not.

Like I’ve said repeatedly, my preference isn’t the important part. The “breaks the intent” garbage as you put it, trumps changes to the game unless there is a financial or technical need.

They’ve said repeatedly they don’t want to fix problems, or balance, or anything else. They want a faithful recreation. They’ve chosen to faithfully recreate 1.12 in 2006. After listening to all the feedback, as they said at the top of this post, they have already chosen 1.12. Since they don’t have the accurate data for previous builds, they would have to guess, making it not a faithful recreation.

You can dislike the reasons all you like. That doesn’t make them invalid. No-one has provided a compelling need to violate their chosen era.

1 Like

Someone smack me if I am lured into responding further to the troll.

It’s going to be hilarious (and sad) when the Classic forums are flooded by a massive amount of posts written by very confused individuals who were told about these epic, amazing, day long and multi-day AVs from Vanilla, and then experience 5 minute zergs in Classic.

7 Likes

But don’t you get it, Mogar? Neutering and nerfing AV was “progression”.

Another one of your classic AV posts, huh? You do you man.

Well the last one got locked.

1 Like

Apparently everyone already knows… Luckily, those players will still have the other 99.9% of classic to enjoy.

Vanilla was all about the grind and AV should be no different. Classic players want the game to last longer, so it’d be smart by Blizz to keep people subbed longer if they had slow progression across the board. 1.5 Av was War, and it was meant in its creation to be a end game BG for the big boys.

2 Likes

We don’t want the game to last longer, we want meaningful things to do.

And what is an “end game BG”?

“We” …cracks me up when players think everyone wants 1.12. Be a man …and tell everyone it’s “You” who wants to sprint to the last boss.

3 Likes

Cracks me up when players say I said things I never did.

Tip: I wasn’t talking about AV. WoW is more than a BG, you do know that, right?

As for AV, I would prefer 1.5, but it’s not going to happen. So, instead of wetting myself and pulling out my own hair in some misguided fit of self righteous anger, I’ll take what I can get and enjoy the other 99.9% of classic.

As I told some other guy, if you’re this worked up to relive 3 months of a BG from 15 years ago, I actually hope you don’t play. 'Ta!

Listen Bayel, an end game BG is what players had the right to access near the end game. You could not access it until level 50… meaning you were in the finishing stretch for the end game. 1.5 AV had a lot more to do, and even the NPCs and mobs level within the BG was just that, high to max level. There were things some level 50s just could not do even though they had access to the BG, and had to help in other ways to “peel the onion”

Also how would you rushing to the end of the BG and trading wins and losses based of of speed be anything “meaningful” to you? You just want rep and to be done if its only going to get 1% of your total attention. Because 1.12 removes highly important NPCs that help to make a rush more difficult.

I honestly dont get it, are retail players just trolling these forums? Because every arguement put up vs 1.5 AV being not important they say exactly that… 1.5 is not important and we have 99% of the game left to play. You literally within your arguements show how important that 1.5 or 1.12 is to you. It shows you truly dont care either way what version we get, so almost everyone I see besides a very small few actually have said “I prefer 1.12 because (insert actual ganeplay reason here)”

Its usually all the same types of comments that show that those defending 1.12av over 1.5 are hiding the true intentions of why they are attacking people. Maybe you want the game to just be out already, which to that I’d tell blizz to take their time and get it right. Maybe you just want to disagree for the sake of it or you are tired of others voicing an opinion on a subject that you dont see the point of, if thats the case why get on here and respond if you’re not trolling? You’re already getting your AV, so if anything you’d think that a mature person who is getting what they want would not go out of their way to trash talk or belittle another persons opinions about a subject you obviously give no flying turds about in the first place.

Those THAT ACTUALLY care know that AV is more than just 1% of the game because we are ready and willing to spend more than 1% of our total in game time within it.

If it truly is only worth 1% to you then you just again proved you think AV isnt worth spending but 1% of your attention on it. So you can hurry and race to the end boss multiple times and get your rep rewards and then never play it again.

Where as long as 1.5av players will play this AV its worth WAY more than 1%. And if we have our way youd be fine anyway because you believe its only 1% of the game!

That same tactic is used over and over to try and derail or make our VERY important AV version a topic not worth a discussion. When clearly it is if people womt drop the subject and are literally FLOODING the forums to protest.

You’re the second guy to use the wholly invented term “end game BG”. It’s not. It does nothing for you progression wise that AB and WSG don’t also do. And if fighting high level npcs is your goal, a BG seem like a great candidate for “dumbest place ever” to do that.

I already stated my view on AV, if you are going to ignore it just to prop up your counter argument to things I never said, have at it. Tip: It doesn’t put you in a very good light.

Comparatively speaking, no, 1.5 AV isn’t important. It’s a teeny part of the game, and a part that only some people played and fewer where “hardcore” about. My beef wit this is is a beef I’ve had with far too many people on these forums. Endless complaining about nothing. Again, 1.5 existed for 3 months… 3 months. Think about that. Think about the effort you and other people have thrown around on these forums… 3 months, a decade and half ago.

And finally, you won’t have your way. Again, 'ta!

LOOK you just DONT UNDERSTAND

I CARE about AV SO MUCH but not enough to gather 10 like minded individuals to turtle the game out, blizzard please fix this please make EVERYONE play MY way so I don’t have to convince everyone that my way is the fun way, THE PROPER WAY, please!!!

1 Like

AV has the best BG gear available, and if you’re not doing the honor grind has some extremely good items for pve as well as pvp compared to WSG/AB.

You could have saved a ton of typing by simply writing this troll at the start.